theatxbombayguy

Aug 2020 I-751 Filers (merged)

681 posts in this topic

Is my evidence too light?

I need to get this submitted but also need to make sure it is sufficient.  Please have a look and give me honest opinions:

·        Joint Tax Return – 2018

·        Joint Tax Return – 2019

·        Residential Lease/Rental Agreement        08/08/2019 – 11/25/2019

·        Residential Lease/Rental Agreement        11/26/2019 – Present

·        401k of US Citizen Spouse

·        Birth Certificate of Daughter 

Jlj4m8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Etamkoos said:

Is my evidence too light?

I need to get this submitted but also need to make sure it is sufficient.  Please have a look and give me honest opinions:

·        Joint Tax Return – 2018

·        Joint Tax Return – 2019

If possible, I would send in Tax Transcripts (can be retrieved through irs website)

any cellphone/utility bills to the same address?

joint bank accounts with transaction history? Car insurance? Or apartment insurance?

below is what I had submitted..ignore until HOA bills (since all that translates to property ownership)

As a general comment - you need more evidence, possibly pictures with your 1 year old

• Joint ownership of communal residence - *TX County* public website access
  •  Joint annual mortgage statements and latest monthly mortgage statement
  • Joint property tax receipts (shows Joint ownership of communal residence)
  • Joint property insurance
  • Joint Home Owner’s Association Bills – with payment history
  • Joint IRS Tax Transcripts – 2017, 2018, 2019
  • Joint bank statements with transaction history
  •  U.S. Citizen Spouse’s 403b, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance printouts showing Petitioner as beneficiary
  • Petitioner’s 401k, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance printouts showing U.S. Citizen Spouse as beneficiary
  • Joint car insurance
  • Joint economic stimulus payment letter – from the White House
  • Joint ownership of our Pet Cat - medical history from Vet Clinic
  • Joint travel booking confirmations with pictures from the trips
  • Selection of pictures that document relationship

N400--> Naturalization: 80 days (Jul 21 - Oct 21) - Timeline

Spoiler

Oct 21 - (10/21) - N400 Approved. Oath Ceremony Scheduled - notice available online

Sep 21 - (09/15) - eNOA - Interview scheduled on Oct 21 @1:15pm

Jul 21 - (07/30) - eNOA received for Biometrics reuse and application acceptance, (07/29) - Online N400 application done🤞🏽 (paid using CC)

I-751--> Removal of Conditions: 100 days (Aug 20 - Nov 20)

Spoiler

Nov 20 - (11/12) - Permanent GC delivered!! Woohooo, (11/09) - Received Paper NOA Approval Notice :dance: :dancing: (Online status - Card being processed)

Oct 20 - (10/26) - Case Transferred to NBC (Notice mentioned to speed up processing)  :unsure:, (10/02) - Existing Fingerprints applied to case.
Aug 20 - (08/22) - Paper NOA in mail (extension letter), (08/11) - eNOA received over text - SRCXXXXXXXXXX, Check Cashed., (08/01) - ROC Package Received (Dallas PO Box)

Jul 20 - (07/29) - Sent ROC Package via USPS 🤞🏽

I-90 --> GC Replacement (Erroneous GC): 6 months (Oct 18 - Mar 19)

Spoiler

Mar 19 - (03/15) Final GC in Mail! Whewwwwwww 🙏🏽 🕺🏽

Mar 19 - (03/12) eNOA Corrected GC being produced, (03/05) e-Submitted I-551 scans with cover letter explaining situation, (02/22) RFE for Original GC

Nov 18 - (11/19) I-551 Stamp done with 12 month date stamp - Returned OG GC, was told by VO told to expect RFE for OG GC 🍾, (11/16) Biometrics done @ASC in Austin, told to keep GC, (11/2) Scheduled infopass (for I-551 stamping - needed to travel) :idea:

Oct 18 - (10/27) Biometrics Scheduled, (10/18) File I-90 Online, (10/18) GC Arrives with Incorrect DOB (Swapped last digit of Date with Only digit Month) 🤦‍♂️

H-1B --> AOS: 15 Months (Jul 17 - Oct 18) - Interview Experience HERE

Spoiler

Oct 18 - (10/18) Card in Mail visa USPS package delivery! Relieved…🙇🏽‍♂️ 🤷🏽‍♂️, (10/11) In-person interview - Approved! 🎉

Sep 18 - (9/8) I-485 eNOA: Interview scheduled for Oct 11

Aug 18 - (8/31) I-485 eNOA: Interview Scheduled, (8/24) EAD/AP received in mail, (8/16) Notification on Producing New Card, (8/7) I-485 eNOA: Testing and Interview, (8/2) Courtesy Letter for i-693 not submitted finally

Feb 18 - (2/28) Completed Walkin Biometrics, (2/27) Paper NOAs in mail and Biometrics Appt Letter, (2/17) e-NOAs at Midnight, (2/16)Checks Cashed (No e-NOA), (2/7)AOS Package Received, AOS Package via Fedex (I-130,I-485,I-765,I-131)

Jul 17 - Legally Married  👩‍❤️‍👨

F-1 --> H-1B: 3 Yrs (Aug 2011- Oct 2014)

Spoiler

Oct 14 - Changed status to H-1B

Aug 11 - Arrived as F-1 Student

Filed: Country:
Timeline
4 hours ago, Etamkoos said:

Hi guys,

Joining this thread as I am sending in my I-751 petition tomorrow.  Doing some last minute stress checking and writing up a cover letter that feels harder than it should.  Also sending mine in at the last possible moment before my green card expires.  Anyone else here filing extremely close to the deadline?  No judgement please, I have a one year old and don't live near family.  Time goes so fast when you have a toddler!

Same! My gc expires tomorrow. Sent in my package last week. Being away from my friends and family is tough especially working a full time job, school and doing that with a 14 month old toddler so I understand perfectly

Edited by Stt

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Etamkoos said:

Hi guys,

Joining this thread as I am sending in my I-751 petition tomorrow.  Doing some last minute stress checking and writing up a cover letter that feels harder than it should.  Also sending mine in at the last possible moment before my green card expires.  Anyone else here filing extremely close to the deadline?  No judgement please, I have a one year old and don't live near family.  Time goes so fast when you have a toddler!

Yeah, I sent mine in Friday. My spouse's GC expires next month.

Hi, 

My window to apply opened end of June but just like I see some of you I was too busy to gather everything. 

Package sent Friday, Delivered yesterday and cant wait to see those checks cashed. 

How long did it take for most of you to get a text confirming acceptance of application? 

Thanks 

14 minutes ago, karor said:

Hi, 

My window to apply opened end of June but just like I see some of you I was too busy to gather everything. 

Package sent Friday, Delivered yesterday and cant wait to see those checks cashed. 

How long did it take for most of you to get a text confirming acceptance of application? 

Thanks 

Average 5-14 days. Ours was delivered Aug 5. Yesterday (Aug 11), I saw early in the morning that they cashed our check. Then late last night (10 pm-ish), I got a text with our receipt number.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/11/2020 at 9:44 AM, Stt said:

I wont be getting a text or email as i didnt sign up actually didn't realize I could but anyways i do hope we get our letters in the mail soon and then I'll be able to set text and email notifications 

I didn't know this before, and I haven't heard anyone else on these boards talk about it, but I heard on some youtube video that if your bank gives you access to your processed checks images, USCIS will print that receipt number on the back of your processed check. I wasn't able to verify that on my online account...but I'm sure if you go to your bank or if your bank provides it online...you can get an image of the back of the check and maybe find the receipt number. There are other ways to get like calling them and whatnot, but I never thought about the check thing.

I sent my form in in Mid-May. The check cashing and e-notification was swift...it's getting the NOA that drags on a bit. It took over 10 weeks to get mine, and everyone in my group was getting stressed. But in July, USCIS seemed to get it together and started cranking out letters. You all might also be getting notices regarding biometrics...as USCIS is trying to move things along and may apply your old biometrics to the present case. But they keep the $85. 

Good Luck!

10/28/16 ~ Sent I-129F

10/31/16 ~ Delivered

11/03/16 ~ NOA1 email/text confirmation. Transferred to CA center.

11/09/16 ~ NOA1 letter received

01/25/17 ~ Case Approved

01/31/17 ~ NOA2 letter received (no email/text confirmation)

02/17/17 ~ NVC sent petition to Mumbai Embassy

02/25/17 ~ Received NVC letter/ Case Number

03/06/17 ~ Fiance received K1 Instruction Packet from Embassy

03/23/17 ~ Medical screen

04/13/17 ~ Interview in Mumbai/RFE

07/07/17 ~ K1/K2 Visas Created

08/01/17 ~ US POE SeaTac

08/09/17 ~ Marriage

09/03/17 ~ K2 arrival POE SeaTac

09/22/17 ~ Filed AoS & EAP

10/16/17 ~ Biometrics

04/26/18 ~ EAP Approved

06/08/18 ~ AoS Interview & Approval!

06/27/18 ~ Green Cards Arrived

05/18/20 ~ Sent I-751

05/19/20 ~ Delivered

05/22/20 ~ Text confirmation and receipt # given

05/26/20 ~ Check cleared

07/13/20 ~ NOA Green Card Extension received

07/13/20 ~ NOA Regarding biometrics being applied

2 minutes ago, JGUnion said:

I didn't know this before, and I haven't heard anyone else on these boards talk about it, but I heard on some youtube video that if your bank gives you access to your processed checks images, USCIS will print that receipt number on the back of your processed check. I wasn't able to verify that on my online account...but I'm sure if you go to your bank or if your bank provides it online...you can get an image of the back of the check and maybe find the receipt number. There are other ways to get like calling them and whatnot, but I never thought about the check thing.

I sent my form in in Mid-May. The check cashing and e-notification was swift...it's getting the NOA that drags on a bit. It took over 10 weeks to get mine, and everyone in my group was getting stressed. But in July, USCIS seemed to get it together and started cranking out letters. You all might also be getting notices regarding biometrics...as USCIS is trying to move things along and may apply your old biometrics to the present case. But they keep the $85. 

Good Luck!

Good god, 10 weeks to get the receipt notice? I would have been so stressed out. I was wondering how it went between March and June with COVID and everything. Glad you got yours finally. Hoping my biometrics gets waived. I don't want any potential fiascos with not receiving the letter in time or having to request a day off.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, JGUnion said:

Good Luck!

Oh my goodness 10 weeks?😱 I hope i dont have to wait that long. I actually sent money orders so I dont have access to the cashed check image unfortunately only that it was cashed lol I hope they use the bio from previous at this point i dont even care if they keep the $85 if it makes things move along quicker ( I dont think they would ever return money 😏).

6 hours ago, JGUnion said:

USCIS now handles checks electronically via ACH transfers. Physical images wouldn't be available for that.

We paid by check and it was redeemed just this Monday (the 10th). It only shows up as an ACH transfer, whereas normally a check shows up as a check with images of the front and back.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Hi again everyone,

I've managed to bring a few more things together for my evidence.  Please could you tell me if this looks sufficient?

·        Joint Tax Transcript – 2018

·        Joint Tax Transcript – 2019

·        Affidavit – in-laws

·        Affidavit – sister

·        Certificate of Renters Insurance

·        Energy Statement

·        Statement of Joint Bank Account

·        Credit Cards – Front and Back

·        Family Prescription Plan card - front and back

·        Photo compilation of when mum, stepdad & aunt visited San Diego to meet our baby – June 3rd – June 20th 2019.

·        Photo compilation of when husband, baby and I travelled to Las Vegas to attend and witness the wedding of Sister & Brother-in-law end of June 2019.

Jlj4m8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Etamkoos said:

Looks much better!

For the statements and bill, I suggest sending last 3 months worth.

Why credit cards, front and back? Already a risky affair. Credit card statements are preferred.

Driver’s license copies front and back to show the same address also recommended...

N400--> Naturalization: 80 days (Jul 21 - Oct 21) - Timeline

Spoiler

Oct 21 - (10/21) - N400 Approved. Oath Ceremony Scheduled - notice available online

Sep 21 - (09/15) - eNOA - Interview scheduled on Oct 21 @1:15pm

Jul 21 - (07/30) - eNOA received for Biometrics reuse and application acceptance, (07/29) - Online N400 application done🤞🏽 (paid using CC)

I-751--> Removal of Conditions: 100 days (Aug 20 - Nov 20)

Spoiler

Nov 20 - (11/12) - Permanent GC delivered!! Woohooo, (11/09) - Received Paper NOA Approval Notice :dance: :dancing: (Online status - Card being processed)

Oct 20 - (10/26) - Case Transferred to NBC (Notice mentioned to speed up processing)  :unsure:, (10/02) - Existing Fingerprints applied to case.
Aug 20 - (08/22) - Paper NOA in mail (extension letter), (08/11) - eNOA received over text - SRCXXXXXXXXXX, Check Cashed., (08/01) - ROC Package Received (Dallas PO Box)

Jul 20 - (07/29) - Sent ROC Package via USPS 🤞🏽

I-90 --> GC Replacement (Erroneous GC): 6 months (Oct 18 - Mar 19)

Spoiler

Mar 19 - (03/15) Final GC in Mail! Whewwwwwww 🙏🏽 🕺🏽

Mar 19 - (03/12) eNOA Corrected GC being produced, (03/05) e-Submitted I-551 scans with cover letter explaining situation, (02/22) RFE for Original GC

Nov 18 - (11/19) I-551 Stamp done with 12 month date stamp - Returned OG GC, was told by VO told to expect RFE for OG GC 🍾, (11/16) Biometrics done @ASC in Austin, told to keep GC, (11/2) Scheduled infopass (for I-551 stamping - needed to travel) :idea:

Oct 18 - (10/27) Biometrics Scheduled, (10/18) File I-90 Online, (10/18) GC Arrives with Incorrect DOB (Swapped last digit of Date with Only digit Month) 🤦‍♂️

H-1B --> AOS: 15 Months (Jul 17 - Oct 18) - Interview Experience HERE

Spoiler

Oct 18 - (10/18) Card in Mail visa USPS package delivery! Relieved…🙇🏽‍♂️ 🤷🏽‍♂️, (10/11) In-person interview - Approved! 🎉

Sep 18 - (9/8) I-485 eNOA: Interview scheduled for Oct 11

Aug 18 - (8/31) I-485 eNOA: Interview Scheduled, (8/24) EAD/AP received in mail, (8/16) Notification on Producing New Card, (8/7) I-485 eNOA: Testing and Interview, (8/2) Courtesy Letter for i-693 not submitted finally

Feb 18 - (2/28) Completed Walkin Biometrics, (2/27) Paper NOAs in mail and Biometrics Appt Letter, (2/17) e-NOAs at Midnight, (2/16)Checks Cashed (No e-NOA), (2/7)AOS Package Received, AOS Package via Fedex (I-130,I-485,I-765,I-131)

Jul 17 - Legally Married  👩‍❤️‍👨

F-1 --> H-1B: 3 Yrs (Aug 2011- Oct 2014)

Spoiler

Oct 14 - Changed status to H-1B

Aug 11 - Arrived as F-1 Student

Timeline
4 hours ago, Etamkoos said:

Hi again everyone,

I've managed to bring a few more things together for my evidence.  Please could you tell me if this looks sufficient?

·        Joint Tax Transcript – 2018

·        Joint Tax Transcript – 2019

·        Photo compilation of when mum, stepdad & aunt visited San Diego to meet our baby – June 3rd – June 20th 2019.

·        Photo compilation of when husband, baby and I travelled to Las Vegas to attend and witness the wedding of Sister & Brother-in-law end of June 2019.

Hi, I think your evidence  looks good! if you can add credit card statements will be great and if you still have tickets (confirmation emails or boarding passes)  to Las Vegas... anything extra won't hurt at this point. 

good luck!

Timeline

hello everyone!

I am getting my package ready to send out beginning of next week. This is what i got so far!

I-751 with a waiver

-Final divorce judgment

-Joint tax return

-Joint credit card statement

-Joint Health insurance

- Joint car insurance 

-Joint rental insurance

-Money back (checks) from the IRS with our names.

-Trips tickets 

-Rental leases 

- A small album photo (pictures of our weeding, with friends and trips together).

-2 affidavit letter from our weeding witness and a friend.

- We do have a family phone plan, However, my brother is the account holder and the statements don't show our names, just the numbers. So I am not sure if i should add it or not.

Let me know guys if you think i need to add or get anything else.

good luck to everyone 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.