theatxbombayguy

Aug 2020 I-751 Filers (merged)

681 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank

you to everyone who answered my question 🙋‍♂️ I just checked the case status tonight and it’s changed to “case approved “

the anxiety journey is over for now am going to be pursuing my citizenship next year since it takes 15mos total to get it done . @Abies thank you for being a great hero 🦸‍♀️ here. 

DF3C21F0-5821-47CA-9E99-4BFE0F61F5D2.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 10/1/2021 at 6:57 AM, torontoim said:

Just following up on my process for anyone else who is in the same boat. I went in for my second biometrics appointment for the N-400 application this week after completing the I-751 application biometrics in July. They gave me a preparation booklet for the naturalization citizenship test questions (light reading for the next dozen months or so I guess 😂). This is what my case status looks like now for both the I-751 and N-400 applications. 

7CE361BE-5159-473E-83D7-B20857473FB3.jpeg

B9EFB8C8-EE9E-4B67-9287-5CCFED66CF50.jpeg

Looks like my I-751 got wrapped into my N-400 application as an interview has been scheduled. Just waiting on snail mail to get the particulars! Excited to see a light at the end of the tunnel!

5CDF8552-3115-4F44-8541-E7340E15C2EB.jpeg

Timeline

Got my I-751 & N-400 application merged together since I was able to apply for naturalization after 3 years. Interview is February 8th! 🙌🏽

Edited by torontoim

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
50 minutes ago, torontoim said:

Got my I-751 & N-400 application merged together since I was able to apply for naturalization after 3 years. Interview is February 8th! 🙌🏽

They explicitly said that they would do both then?

N-400 (Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/10/21: Case received

06/10/21: NOA

08/06/21: Biometrics

12/10/21: Interview scheduled

01/21/22: Interview

01/24/22: Approved!

02/17/22: Oath Ceremony!!

ROC (Service Center: National Benefit Center MSC, Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/17/20: Case received

06/30/20: NOA

07/02/21: Biometrics

01/21/22: Interview (combo with N-400)

CR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Belgium)

Spoiler

07/31/17: I-130 Priority date

08/02/17: I-130 NOA1

02/26/18: I-130 NOA2

03/15/18: NVC Received (Pivot)

06/12/18: NVC Case complete

07/26/18: Interview, approved!

Timeline
1 minute ago, peachouille said:

They explicitly said that they would do both then?

The notice referred only to the N-400 interview but assuming that the I-751 application gets wrapped into that from reading all the precedents on here for people who were able to apply for naturalization in 3 years after marrying a US citizen spouse. 

I’ll update with my experience once the interview occurs. My I-751 application case status still says ‘case is ready to be scheduled for an interview’ while my N-400 application says ‘interview was scheduled’. I received an I-797 notice with the interview date for the N-400 application. No mention of the I-751 application but that should be redundant at this point. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
Just now, torontoim said:

The notice referred only to the N-400 interview but assuming that the I-751 application gets wrapped into that from reading all the precedents on here for people who were able to apply for naturalization in 3 years after marrying a US citizen spouse. 

I’ll update with my experience once the interview occurs. My I-751 application case status still says ‘case is ready to be scheduled for an interview’ while my N-400 application says ‘interview was scheduled’. I received an I-797 notice with the interview date for the N-400 application. No mention of the I-751 application but that should be redundant at this point. 

Makes sense, I am in the exact same boat!

My interview is next week, will update you guys as well.

N-400 (Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/10/21: Case received

06/10/21: NOA

08/06/21: Biometrics

12/10/21: Interview scheduled

01/21/22: Interview

02/17/22: Oath Ceremony!!

ROC (Service Center: National Benefit Center MSC, Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/17/20: Case received

06/30/20: NOA

07/02/21: Biometrics

01/21/22: Interview (combo with N-400)

CR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Belgium)

Spoiler

07/31/17: I-130 Priority date

08/02/17: I-130 NOA1

02/26/18: I-130 NOA2

03/15/18: NVC Received (Pivot)

06/12/18: NVC Case complete

07/26/18: Interview, approved!

Timeline
1 minute ago, peachouille said:

Makes sense, I am in the exact same boat!

My interview is next week, will update you guys as well.

Best wishes for a smooth process! With any luck hopefully they’ll let you participate in the citizenship oath ceremony on the same day!

I’ve seen on here that some have gotten to do it while they’re there for the interview instead of having to wait and come another day. 

Looking forward to hopefully being done with this whole process soon!

• 4 weeks later...

I've been waiting since Aug   2021 for an interview date. I will now submit the N-900 as well.

Current Timeline:

08/26/2020 - Mailed via USPS the form i-751 to Az address

08/28/2020 - Delivered to USCIS

09/02/2020 - Photo Album was rejected and returned.

09/12/2020 - CC payment taken.

09/13/2020 - Received text msg with the Receipt #

09/25/2020 - Received i-751 NOA

On 1/12/2022 at 5:41 PM, torontoim said:

@torontoim - Any update on this if both got merged or the interviewer said anything? 

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Mercatoris said:

@torontoim - Any update on this if both got merged or the interviewer said anything? 

Yep! They were done together. I brought my wife with me but the USCIS officer didn’t need her to come with me. Just took her driver’s license to photocopy as proof that she accompanied me. He said I had plenty of sufficient evidence of a Bona fide marriage in my I-751 application and because of that he didn’t need to speak with her. 

He swore me in and then started on my I-751 application. He asked several questions about my wife, in-laws and particulars about our relationship which he wrote down my answers to. I brought a bunch of evidence of our relationship from the time I sent in my application to the interview date but he didn’t ask to look at any of it. Then he moved on to the N-400 part of the interview. Went over some of my answers to the yes/no questions from the application with me again, asked me 6 questions for the Civics test which I got right so he didn’t ask any further. He did a short assessment of my ability to speak, read and write English with an electronic writing pad. 

After that he processed some paperwork in the computer and told me I’d be approved for both applications. Since the I-751 and N-400 were adjudicated together, he explained that he couldn’t put the N-400 through right away until the system processed him closing the I-751 process which takes 48 hours after which he said he would be able to approve the N-400 in the system. He was very nice and explained the process to me and said I should expect a notice of my oath ceremony date within 3-4 weeks. 

So at this point I’m just waiting to hear when the ceremony will be. Relieved to not have to worry about any more fees or forms to fill out and glad to see light at the end of the tunnel!

Edited by torontoim

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.