Briberry

July 2020 AOS Filers

1,283 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, CollegeDropOut said:

Is this normal? I had my interview last Tuesday and was approved and the status online changed the next day to show that. This morning, it was updated to say that the card is being produced but in the afternoon, it changed to saying "Case was updated to show fingerprints are take". I also got an email that says it was changed to an initial review status (I also got an email that said "Card/Document Production" earlier). Has this happened to anyone else?

Yeah there is nothing to worry. Sometimes USCIS just apply status updates retroactively. I had same updates when my Combo card was produced.

3 minutes ago, Geekosnap said:

Yeah there is nothing to worry. Sometimes USCIS just apply status updates retroactively. I had same updates when my Combo card was produced.

Thank you. I'm worried I will have to start all over again. Lol

I wanted to share my interview experience. Came in a few minutes before our schedule and waited maybe around 30-40 minutes before our interviewer finally called us. She asked us why we were not sitting next to each other. We told her the benches were marked because of the social distancing but she was already giving us a "look". She asked for any additional documents that we wanted to submit so I had some documents for our joint bank account (which was useful later when she asked for proof), a lease since we moved to a new address, and the original birth certificates and IDs of me and my husband's.  

She talked to my husband first. I butted in when she asked what our address was to say that we have moved since the forms were submitted and she threatened to put us in different rooms. I'm still not sure if she was serious or if she was joking. She then asked about the standard items in the I-130, our wedding, etc. We hit a little roadblock when she started asking him about MY financial status. She even asked him what credit cards I have (he doesn't know one of them) and even about the name of the company where I'm paying off my student loans, and obviously he did not know what that is. All he knows is that I have student loans that I am paying and I am taking it out of my own paycheck. She started asking about our financial arrangements and started questioning how we're doing it.  My husband was starting to get agitated with her line of questioning and it was showing in his answers. Deep inside I was just very nervous because I was afraid he might say something that would basically cause me to fail the interview. He actually said something and called out the questions were uncomfortable. You can only imagine how my insides were twisting and turning.

The interviewer was nice enough to shift gears and asked on what we do instead as a couple. He started describing the TV shows we watch together and some of our regular dine outs with friends. Things got better and I can see that our interviewer was really trying to make it comfortable for us. For my questions, just the usual about my I-485, the eligibility questions, etc. I was a J1 student so she asked me about the residency requirement. Good thing I have a copy of every document I submitted and gave her a copy of the letter indicating that I am not subject to that rule. She couldn't find it in my original documents because it was out of order. Overall, it went okay and it was very interesting. We even talked about her car since I work in the manufacturing plant that makes them. 

She said I was approved and I apparently did not hear that because I asked her right after when we will find out the results. Lol. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Life has been good for me, I'm working, got my license, however when I go to check on my case I'm still greeted with the following message:

"Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received"

My case status has been like this since October. Still no biometrics for my I-485. Absolutely nothing but my combo card. Any ideas on what I should do?

Hey guys, my interview is next week, I was wondering how many photographs did you take to the interview? Did you include everything from the begging of relationship or just recent? also did you make an album or just put it into a folder or printed it out from slides? thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Uganda
Timeline
21 hours ago, Magda M said:

Hey guys, my interview is next week, I was wondering how many photographs did you take to the interview? Did you include everything from the begging of relationship or just recent? also did you make an album or just put it into a folder or printed it out from slides? thanks!

I brought about 5-6 pages of photos, with 2/3 on each page.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Just went for interview this morning and status just changed to "new card is being produced"!

I was admittedly a little sloppy with the documents, so don't follow my example. Try your best to bring everything but if you can't get originals don't panic either. I got away with bringing minimal documents: 

• copy of birth certificate (officer asked for original but I gave copy and she accepted it)
  • real marriage certificate 
  • both of our passports
  • documents to prove legitimate marriage: tax return, joint accounts, leases, bills, photos (around 10-12)
  • previous student visas, EADs, etc. (wasn't asked for them)

Questions are very cookie-cutter: how did you meet? spouse birthdays? parent-in-law names? spouse birth place? spouse's job? current address? We finished in maybe 15 minutes and officer said there was no red flags when asked.

Great experience in the end after a frustrating wait with EAD.

22 hours ago, kksy said:

Just went for interview this morning and status just changed to "new card is being produced"!

Congratulations!

Anyone form Brooklyn who had their interview scheduled already? Still waiting for ours. 

I-751

July 25, 2023 - Submitted ROC via USPS 

July 31, 2023 - Credit card charged

Aug 1, 2023 - Text confirmation with IOE number received

Aug 14, 2023 - 48-month extension letter received

Aug 23, 2023 - Biometrics appointment at Brooklyn ASC

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

July 27, 2020 - USCIS online status: Case received

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Mar 3, 2021 - Combo card received | Mar. 5, 2021 - SSN card received

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

Oct 5, 2021 - Scheduled interview | Oct 6, 2021 - Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My wife got her green card approved today! :)

The interview went really good! We arrive 15 minutes early and got seen right away. The lady we interviewed with was like on a zoom. She was really nice and asked me questions about me and our relationship like where was I born ( I showed her my birth certificate), when did we meet, and where did we meet. After that she started asking my wife questions about where are you from, when did you get married, date of birth, when did you arrived in the U.S., and our address then she started asking her the yes or no questions from form I-485. I showed her our marriage license and gave them a copy and she say my wife was approved! She didn't ask for any other documents because I submitted alot of docs before. She even mentioned it to us and showed us! It was a great experience for us!

5 hours ago, Celebi said:

Congratulations!

Anyone form Brooklyn who had their interview scheduled already? Still waiting for ours. 

Still waiting...

I-130, I-485, I-765, I-944, I-864

AOS package delivered: 07/27

NOA1: 8/17

Biometric appointment notice: 11/2

Biometric appointment: 11/12

EAD approved: 11/18

EAD delivered: 11/28

I am in nyc and will be moving in 1 month to a different city. Should I change the address now to speed up the process of transferring the file to the next city? or is too soon? 

I-130, I-485, I-765, I-944, I-864

AOS package delivered: 07/27

NOA1: 8/17

Biometric appointment notice: 11/2

Biometric appointment: 11/12

EAD approved: 11/18

EAD delivered: 11/28

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, mhmd said:

I am in nyc and will be moving in 1 month to a different city. Should I change the address now to speed up the process of transferring the file to the next city? or is too soon? 

I will if I were you. I changed my address and I am in the same city. It takes additional time for now to receive my mail. Good luck. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Hi all. We had our case status change last week from “Fingerprints were taken” to “Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.” How long does it usually take from that update to receive the interview notice? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Landon & Kariana said:

Hi all. We had our case status change last week from “Fingerprints were taken” to “Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.” How long does it usually take from that update to receive the interview notice? 

It depends on your location and what city your USCIS office is in.  "Case is ready to be schedule for an interview" just means that your case is ready for the interview and the local office needs to schedule it.  It seems like a lot of people are starting to get their interviews but my husband's local office is Newark, NJ and we are just hoping to have our interview by the end of the year at this rate.  Our case has said "Case is ready to be schedule for an interview" since January 11, 2021.  Our PD is July 22, 2020 and my husband completed his biometrics on January 5, 2021.  

I use the following tools from visa journey to get our local office time estimates:

Immigration Timelines (if you filter based on your local office you can see where you fall with other people's timelines):

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aoslist.php?cfl=&op5=5,6,8,9,10,11

Processing Times (you can find your local office processing times here):

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aosstats.php

Oh! also in case you don't know your local office, this is the website you can figure that out:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/field-offices

Hope that helps! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.