Briberry

July 2020 AOS Filers

1,283 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Faith2020 said:

I will if I were you. I changed my address and I am in the same city. It takes additional time for now to receive my mail. Good luck. 

ok thanks for the suggestion

I-130, I-485, I-765, I-944, I-864

AOS package delivered: 07/27

NOA1: 8/17

Biometric appointment notice: 11/2

Biometric appointment: 11/12

EAD approved: 11/18

EAD delivered: 11/28

Hi all - I had my interview today in NYC (Manhattan) My PD was 7/20/20 

We waited about 40 minutes before we were called in. Our interviewer was very kind and understanding but also professional.

We first sat down and showed our passport + IDs. Then we had to stand up to swear to tell the truth. He asked for very specific things such as certified marriage certificate, birth certificates, I also had a new job since then so I provided an updated i-864 which he asked for. Next, we provided evidence of relationship, first we gave all the proof of joint accounts (credit, checking 6 months evidence), beneficiaries of my life insurance and 401k,  proof of dental, medical, and vision insurance. He also asked for an album of our photos together and took with him 2-3 and handed us the rest back.

We weren't asked many questions, only things such as the name of both parents, where I work, do I wfh, does my company have a physical office space, where my wife lived before we moved in together, did she have roommates. Other than that, the standard questions (yes/no) from the i-485.

One important thing here that we forgot to do, make sure to bring originals of both you and your spouse's birth certificates! We only had copies, mine was fine, but my wife needed to show her original copy. Luckily, he understood the reason and was able to check to make sure the copy + translation was in good standing. I know it's not always that they ask for the originals of the birth certificates, but I am told afterwards that it's not unusual that they ask during the interview.

Also don't forget to give the interviewer the sealed i-693 if you haven't already! We forgot and our interviewer kindly called us to come back to drop it off.

Finally, we were given a form stating that he will verify the birth certificate today and will approve the i-130 first. If everything cleared up, he would then approve the i-485. Just an hour ago, we just received a status change to "New Card is Being Produced." 

Hope everyone here not only gets their interview scheduled, but also have successful interviews. Let me know if there are any questions and I will do my best to help answer them!

We had our interview today in LA. No wait time, we got interviewed as soon as we walked in. Even before the interview started the guy said that we will have to do this again when we remove conditions :D . The officer asked me about DOB and date of marriage. Took the joint docs and my husbands birth certificate and we were approved. Very smooth 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi everyone, I filed my I765 along with my I-485, I-130, I-131 in July 27, 2020 and still haven't heard back. It's been almost a year now and the status for I-765 is still Case Was Received :( . I checked other people's timeline at my location and those who filed in July already got their interview and approved. I've asked my lawyer to file an expedite request and still waiting on those. Is there anything else I can do? 

Here's the current status of my I-485:

July 27, 2020 - USCIS received I-485 package

August 11, 2020 - Fingerprint fee accepted

August 24, 2020 -  Initial evidence evidence for I-485 requested

November 9, 2020 - USCIS received my response to RFE

Edited by Momoo
September 16, 2021 - New Card Is Being Produced
August 19, 2021 - Interview
July 16, 2021- Interview Was Scheduled
July 13, 2021 - We are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, for an interview.
November 9, 2020 - We received your response for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
August 24, 2020 - We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
August 11, 2020 - We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.
July 27, 2020 - We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

1 hour ago, Momoo said:

Hi everyone, I filed my I765 along with my I-485, I-130, I-131 in July 27, 2020 and still haven't heard back. It's been almost a year now and the status for I-765 is still Case Was Received :( . I checked other people's timeline at my location and those who filed in July already got their interview and approved. I've asked my lawyer to file an expedite request and still waiting on those. Is there anything else I can do? 

Here's the current status of my I-485:

July 27, 2020 - USCIS received I-485 package

August 11, 2020 - Fingerprint fee accepted

August 24, 2020 -  Initial evidence evidence for I-485 requested

November 9, 2020 - USCIS received my response to RFE

You can raised an expedite request via chat on USCIS website as i765 and i131 is outside of normal processing times. You didn't have biometrics yet? 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Magda M said:

You can raised an expedite request via chat on USCIS website as i765 and i131 is outside of normal processing times. You didn't have biometrics yet? 

Nope, haven't had my biometrics yet. Haven't heard back since I submitted my RFE. Thanks for the tip! I didn't know you could file the request via chat on the website

Edited by Momoo
September 16, 2021 - New Card Is Being Produced
August 19, 2021 - Interview
July 16, 2021- Interview Was Scheduled
July 13, 2021 - We are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, for an interview.
November 9, 2020 - We received your response for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
August 24, 2020 - We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
August 11, 2020 - We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.
July 27, 2020 - We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

On 5/28/2021 at 12:55 PM, Momoo said:

Nope, haven't had my biometrics yet. Haven't heard back since I submitted my RFE. Thanks for the tip! I didn't know you could file the request via chat on the website

Don't worry too much. I had the same issue. You need to call them and let them know that your case is outside the normal window. They'll put in a request and you will get a status update within 30 days (mine changed in like 10 days). They'll schedule your biometrics (if you havent done it as yet) and they will try to resolve the i-765 as quickly as possible as well.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/24/2021 at 1:24 PM, maw0122 said:

On 5/24/2021 at 10:03 AM, Landon & Kariana said:

Hi all. We had our case status change last week from “Fingerprints were taken” to “Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.” How long does it usually take from that update to receive the interview notice? 

It depends on your location and what city your USCIS office is in.  "Case is ready to be schedule for an interview" just means that your case is ready for the interview and the local office needs to schedule it.  It seems like a lot of people are starting to get their interviews but my husband's local office is Newark, NJ and we are just hoping to have our interview by the end of the year at this rate.  Our case has said "Case is ready to be schedule for an interview" since January 11, 2021.  Our PD is July 22, 2020 and my husband completed his biometrics on January 5, 2021.  

I use the following tools from visa journey to get our local office time estimates:

Immigration Timelines (if you filter based on your local office you can see where you fall with other people's timelines):

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aoslist.php?cfl=&op5=5,6,8,9,10,11

Processing Times (you can find your local office processing times here):

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aosstats.php

Oh! also in case you don't know your local office, this is the website you can figure that out:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/field-offices

Hope that helps! 

@Landon & Kariana - forget what I said 😂 We got our interview notice yesterday letting us know we have an interview scheduled! So my process of predicting a time was incorrect.  Just the moment I think I finally figured out how to predict USCIS processing times they get me again! (This time in a positive way lol)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh it might be helpful to put my timeline here too! 

PD: July 22, 2020

Biometrics Appointment: January 5, 2021

Combo Card Received: March 13, 2021

Online Updated to show Interview Scheduled: June 1, 2021

Interview Notice in the Mail: June 7, 2021

Interview Date: July 20, 2021 (Just under a year by two days!) 

1 minute ago, Landon & Kariana said:

@maw0122 congratulations!! Did your case status online get updated to Interview Scheduled, or you simply received the letter in the mail? 

Thanks!!!! It was updated online on June 1st and we received the letter yesterday, June 7th.  

We had our interview. I should say my wife and stepson had an interview. I was not called back with them. Very unexpected and had me sweating for 45 minutes. But my wife said the interviewer was great and mostly asked about their experience here in America and some questions about their home. our status changed to approved and they'll have their cards this week. 

21 hours ago, ksh9256 said:

our status changed to approved and they'll have their cards this week. 

Congratulations. Which city and state? Checked your timeline but it was blank.

I-751

July 25, 2023 - Submitted ROC via USPS 

July 31, 2023 - Credit card charged

Aug 1, 2023 - Text confirmation with IOE number received

Aug 14, 2023 - 48-month extension letter received

Aug 23, 2023 - Biometrics appointment at Brooklyn ASC

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

July 27, 2020 - USCIS online status: Case received

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Mar 3, 2021 - Combo card received | Mar. 5, 2021 - SSN card received

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

Oct 5, 2021 - Scheduled interview | Oct 6, 2021 - Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.