Briberry

July 2020 AOS Filers

1,283 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Geekosnap said:

My PD is around the same. Do you know anyone else who has received interview notice recently from Santa Ana FO?

I dont know anyone else. I see a few post in April group who just got interview notice, so I guess it should take about a year for Santa Ana office. 

My EAD/AP finally approved 1 day ago... 12 days before my interview 🤷🏻‍♀️ hahahahaha

PD: July 28 2020

AOS Marriage based

Office: Milwaukee, WI

Edited by Woodpecker07

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My greencard was approved on the spot :D

PD: july 22, 2020

Tip: make a print out list of all the documents you will submit to the officer. They will appreciate it. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 4/23/2021 at 4:57 PM, Mimi24 said:

My greencard was approved on the spot :D

PD: july 22, 2020

Tip: make a print out list of all the documents you will submit to the officer. They will appreciate it. 

Congrats on your approval!!! We are also interviewing in Los Angeles next month and will be sure to bring a list of our documents, thanks for the tip! Was there anything that they asked for in particular? 

Click to reveal AOS Timeline:

Spoiler

08/19/20  I-130, I-485 Signed for at Chicago Lockbox

08/21/20 I-130, I-485 Accepted

09/04/20  Credit Card Charged

09/13/20  Text With Receipt Number (x2)

09/24/20  I-130, I-485 NOA received

11/17/20  Response to RFIE Requesting I-944 Delivered to USCIS

11/18/20 Account Updated to show Response to I-944 RFIE Was Received

1/23/20 Biometrics Appointment Notice Received (Notice Dated 1/16)

2/10/20 Biometrics Appointment

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, partyintheUSA said:

Congrats on your approval!!! We are also interviewing in Los Angeles next month and will be sure to bring a list of our documents, thanks for the tip! Was there anything that they asked for in particular? 

Hello! For the documents, they just asked for joint documents like bank account for which we gave the documents we have with the list. We provided health and life insurance, car sales contract, car registration, car insurance, bank account, husband’s credit card stating that i’m the authorized user, 2020 joint tax return, and a bunch of photos before and during marriage. We also submitted our updated paystubs since my husband and i got a new job this year. If you have an SSN already, bring that as well. they will take your SSN and write down on your i-485 form. 

they said that the docs we submitted were sufficient already.

for the questions, they asked a bunch of stuff to my USC husband like his job, education and background (he’s dual citizen). They asked me about how we met and a lot of other questions related to our travel as seen in the photos we submitted. It was conversational and the officer even recommended places to visit here in california. 

Goodluck! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Briberry said:

Finished my interview this morning, I was approved on the spot! Woo Hoo!

Wow congrats @Briberry!!! My wife got her interview May 21!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Justin & Sara said:

Wow congrats @Briberry!!! My wife got her interview May 21!

Sweet, hopefully the interview is as short and simple as mine was!

Had our interview yesterday which was a bit interesting

After asking my spouse the questions from the 485 and asking in detail the time period and duration of all my spouse's previous visits to the US (which was meticulously written down), the interviewer said I hadn't submitted an affidavit of support. Heart stopped for a few seconds there and  I was just thinking "Wait, but I definitely did..." she looked through our file again and said, "Oh, here it is!" 

She then asked for my spouse's medical which we explained we did not do again because it hadn't yet been a year since filing. She said she was asking because she hadn't yet received our original K1 case which we submitted on our entry into the US, so she was going to need to order for that to be sent to her (she didn't specify where, other then it was in Nebraska for some reason) and as long as the medical was in there we would be approved. But if the medical wasn't, then she would need to request my spouse get another one done.

Questions about our relationship was very basic and the standard how did we meet. Since we'd been together for 12 years and had been living together for 12 years as well, she said it was clear our relationship was authentic. 

She then reiterated how she just needed to wait on our K1 files with medical to approve and said it would likely take about 2 weeks. Our interview was finished, she said, and she stood up to walk us out when she suddenly remembered, "Oh, and do you have any updated documents for me to add to the file?" (just as I was wondering myself why she didn't ask to see our new docs....) We submitted tax info, phone bill, Christmas cards and letters we received in our name, and she said a photo or two from our collection would be enough. She took the photos we selected to give her and she wrote on the back our explanation on the pictures.

After thanking her and leaving, a few hours later our case updated to say "Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed." 

So to summarize, our interviewer was pleasant and nice. Professionally, it was a bit unorganized. A bit annoyed at the possibility we'll have to dish out for another medical in case they have lost our files 😤

Has anyone had or experienced a similar case though where the entire K1 packet had not been received at the time of the interview? I'm happy to have completed the interview but am wondering why they would schedule it without having yet received all our submitted documents they needed. 

On 4/19/2021 at 2:26 PM, HRQX said:

Apply as new applicant with SSA: https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ss-5.pdf

Thank you.  After multiple calls and more waiting we got a hold of a manager at our local SSA office and got an appointment. She'll have her card in a couple weeks. All they needed was to look at her passport and EAD card. 

Got our interview notice for June as well so things are finally moving forward.

On 4/22/2021 at 1:40 PM, Woodpecker07 said:

My EAD/AP finally approved 1 day ago... 12 days before my interview 🤷🏻‍♀️ hahahahaha

PD: July 28 2020

AOS Marriage based

Office: Milwaukee, WI

We had a relaxed 20-25 interview yesterday. We were APPROVED! A couple of hours later status changed to New card is being produced :D Thanks for all your help! ❤️ 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Status update 

Had my interview at 10 am dtla...didn't get called until 11:15am it lasted about 20 minutes easy breasy. 

Currently 3:08pm just got an email. NEW CARD BEING PRODUCED  (10 year one, we been married for 4 years)

SO SO HAPPY 😊💓💛💗

Good luck to all

Is this normal? I had my interview last Tuesday and was approved and the status online changed the next day to show that. This morning, it was updated to say that the card is being produced but in the afternoon, it changed to saying "Case was updated to show fingerprints are take". I also got an email that says it was changed to an initial review status (I also got an email that said "Card/Document Production" earlier). Has this happened to anyone else?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.