Briberry

July 2020 AOS Filers

1,283 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
2 hours ago, B&O0302 said:

I sent my package today🙏🏾 I to forgot to write the A# in the back of the pasaport fotos i just wrote the name and birthday is that a problem?

Hi, you’re on the wrong thread! This is for July 2020 filers. 

But no, it shouldn’t be an issue. Good luck with your journey!

09/25/20: AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-765/I-944) mailed out via USPS.

09/27/20: Package received by USPS.

10/24/20: Received NOA1 in the mail. PD is 09/28/20.

01/05/21: Biometrics appointment completed (Brooklyn ASC). Case updated to show fingerprints were taken (I-486 & I-765).

01/05/21: I-131 mailed via UPS.

01/17/21: Received IOE receipt number for I-131 via text.

01/25/21: Received a biometrics reuse notice for I-131.

02/02/21: I-485 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

02/04/21: Received I-693 deficiency notice in the mail (dated 01/29/21).

02/09/21: Advance Parole document was produced.

02/16/21: AP in hand.
02/26/21: New Card Is Being Produced (EAD).

03/04/21: EAD in hand.

09/01/21: EAD renewal paperwork received by USCIS. IOE receipt number.

09/07/21: Receipt / 180-day automatic extension received in the mail.

09/09/21: Received a biometrics reuse notice for I-765 renewal.

10/25/21: AP renewal NOA and biometrics reuse received in the mail.

11/04/21: Interview was scheduled for 12/02.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Finally got an interview scheduled yall!!!! Waited 11 months for biometrics but ever since the bio appointment on July 7, it moved quicker than I thought. This is Louisville, KY FO. Status just changed today so I'll probably get the notice in the mail next week. My EAD is still stuck in Expedite Request Received since last week so it looks like I won't need that anymore. 

September 16, 2021 - New Card Is Being Produced
August 19, 2021 - Interview
July 16, 2021- Interview Was Scheduled
July 13, 2021 - We are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, for an interview.
November 9, 2020 - We received your response for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
August 24, 2020 - We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
August 11, 2020 - We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.
July 27, 2020 - We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

On 7/16/2021 at 11:35 AM, iy2020 said:

Hi, you’re on the wrong thread! This is for July 2020 filers. 

But no, it shouldn’t be an issue. Good luck with your journey!

Ohh wow lol ok thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Attended my interview today. It was quick, about 30 mins answering questions on the applications. Got approved and status changed to card produce after

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello

i have my interview for green card after two weeks 

what is  i-693

should i take it to the interview

is it medical exam different from the one i get in my country to obtain k1 visa

if it’s different how can i get it 

iam really confused 

4 hours ago, Reem Hamed said:

Hello

i have my interview for green card after two weeks 

what is  i-693

should i take it to the interview

is it medical exam different from the one i get in my country to obtain k1 visa

if it’s different how can i get it 

iam really confused 

I-693 is mandatory. Without it, your're green card application can be delayed or rejected. It takes at least 2 weeks to be completed by an immigration doctor depending on your location and it has to be unsealed for the uscis officer to open it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you

i know it’s mandatory but i need to know is this the one i made to enter usa 

i gave them a sealed medical exam envelope when i come with k1 visa

13 hours ago, Reem Hamed said:

what is  i-693

Most K-1 AOS applicants do not need that form. When was your K-1 visa medical? And when was Form I-485 filed? https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-3

K or V Nonimmigrants Applying for Adjustment

K and V nonimmigrants applying for adjustment of status are not required to repeat the medical examination if the application was filed within one year of the date of the original medical examination, and:

• The medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition; or

• The applicant received a conditional waiver in conjunction with the K or V nonimmigrant visa or the change of status to V and the applicant submits evidence of compliance with the waiver terms and conditions.

If a new medical examination is required and reveals a Class A medical condition, a new waiver application will also be required. In such cases, the officer should determine whether the applicant complied with the terms and conditions of the first waiver, if applicable. Such determination should be given considerable weight in the adjudication of a subsequent waiver application.

Even if a new medical examination is not required, applicants must still comply with the vaccination requirements if the vaccination record was not included as part of the original medical examination report. If the vaccination report was properly completed at the time of the overseas examination, the officer may accept the vaccination assessment completed by the panel physician.

An applicant’s overseas medical examination report completed by a panel physician should already be in the applicant’s A-file. If it is not in the A-file, the officer should request the medical examination report through a Request for Evidence (RFE).

Edited by HRQX

we, actually my wife and stepson, had their interview last Friday (8/13),  I was accompanying them, just asked how we met, did we have wedding or trips together, etc. Interview lasted 30 minutes, we hired a phone interpreter for my wife since she doesn't speak English well.  USCIS status afterwards showing new card is being produced.

we filed AoS in July 2020, biometric was initially scheduled for Sep 2020 but we missed, was rescheduled for 6/29/21, afterwards we received interview letter in July 21.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for interview!

Timeline

I had my interview on Aug 19 at Louisville, KY FO. We were called in separately. I (beneficiary) went in first. The officer went through the i485 info and the yes/no questions. I had to answer yes to "have you ever been denied a visa" and "have you ever worked without authorization." Please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe those are forgiven when you're married to a USC. Then he proceeded to ask questions about our lives together, how we met, who cooks the most, our hobbies, who's at the wedding, who proposed, why we got married, etc. Then he called my husband in and asked the same list of questions.

Overall, I think it went well and lasted about 45 mins. The officer was very nice and professional, explaining the process in details. He mentioned that I should receive a decision in 2-4 weeks. Since then, my case status hasn't updated yet and still at Interview Was Scheduled. I'm hoping I'll hear back soon 😕

Edited by Momoo
September 16, 2021 - New Card Is Being Produced
August 19, 2021 - Interview
July 16, 2021- Interview Was Scheduled
July 13, 2021 - We are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, for an interview.
November 9, 2020 - We received your response for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
August 24, 2020 - We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
August 11, 2020 - We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.
July 27, 2020 - We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.