Briberry

July 2020 AOS Filers

1,283 posts in this topic

Question - for those adjusting from B2, did any of you include the I-693? For some reason I thought it would be best to wait for their RFE as it has an expiration. I am unable to get insurance as my husband's HR requires SSN to be added to his and everything medical-related here in the US is atrociously expensive. LOL

I-751

July 25, 2023 - Submitted ROC via USPS 

July 31, 2023 - Credit card charged

Aug 1, 2023 - Text confirmation with IOE number received

Aug 14, 2023 - 48-month extension letter received

Aug 23, 2023 - Biometrics appointment at Brooklyn ASC

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

July 27, 2020 - USCIS online status: Case received

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Mar 3, 2021 - Combo card received | Mar. 5, 2021 - SSN card received

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

Oct 5, 2021 - Scheduled interview | Oct 6, 2021 - Approved

13 minutes ago, Celebi said:

For some reason I thought it would be best to wait for their RFE

In normal times, odds of RFE for that is very low and applicants take the completed I-693 to the interview: "Applicants may submit the Form I-693 medical examination report to USCIS: Concurrently with the immigration benefit application; or At any time after filing the immigration benefit application but before USCIS finalizes adjudication of that application. If not submitted simultaneously with the immigration benefit application, applicants may bring the medical examination report to an interview or wait until USCIS issues an RFE requesting the medical examination report." https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-4

Edited by HRQX

18 minutes ago, Celebi said:

I am unable to get insurance as my husband's HR requires SSN to be added to his

You should challenge the HR representative's interpretation. Keep asking for higher supervisors until it's resolved. From the government: https://www.irs.gov/affordable-care-act/questions-and-answers-about-reporting-social-security-numbers-to-your-health-insurance-company "You should advise your coverage provider that you do not have an SSN or TIN and give them the date of birth for each covered individual."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi guys! I just joined, and I’m trying to get my AOS package - so far it’s been a few days and I’m already a bit lost. Thanks for writing about the credit score, I was able to request the letter stating that I don’t have a credit score. Now I do have a few questions and sorry in advance if they are a bit stupid 🙈 - 1. do I apply with my new name or my old name (I have already gotten a military ID with my new last name). 2. I got form Ss5 to apply for a social security number, but now I read somewhere in this forum that you get it with AOS? Do I not need to apply for it myself? 3. About the Highschool diploma thing - do you need to hand in all diplomas you have received or just the previous ones (e.g. for me my Bachelors degree)? Thank you guys in advance I really appreciate any help! I’m living in Virginia now, and I don’t really have any friends around so it helps to chat!! 

On 7/14/2020 at 8:34 PM, Sinead91 said:

Hey! All I know is that my packet was delivered but there’s no sign of them cashing the cheque yet :( has your payment been cashed yet?? I’m concerned mine hasn’t yet and fear it’s being sent back to me :(

No, my check has not been cashed and no notifications yet.  Hopefully we will have some news soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Leah88 said:

Hi guys! I just joined, and I’m trying to get my AOS package - so far it’s been a few days and I’m already a bit lost. Thanks for writing about the credit score, I was able to request the letter stating that I don’t have a credit score. Now I do have a few questions and sorry in advance if they are a bit stupid 🙈 - 1. do I apply with my new name or my old name (I have already gotten a military ID with my new last name). 2. I got form Ss5 to apply for a social security number, but now I read somewhere in this forum that you get it with AOS? Do I not need to apply for it myself? 3. About the Highschool diploma thing - do you need to hand in all diplomas you have received or just the previous ones (e.g. for me my Bachelors degree)? Thank you guys in advance I really appreciate any help! I’m living in Virginia now, and I don’t really have any friends around so it helps to chat!! 

Hey @Leah88! I definitely understand it's alot.

1. Apply with both. On the forms, they ask you for your current legal name and other names you have used since birth.

2. I would get it with the AOS. My wife applied for her SSN and due to COVID-19 it's been held up. You apply for it on form I-765.

3. Yes you will need copies of your high school diploma and college degree. You will attach it with form I-944.

I hope this helps!

2 hours ago, Leah88 said:

1. do I apply with my new name or my old name (I have already gotten a military ID with my new last name).

New name for "Current Name." Old name for "Other names used."

2 hours ago, Leah88 said:

2. I got form Ss5 to apply for a social security number, but now I read somewhere in this forum that you get it with AOS? Do I not need to apply for it myself?

SS-5 form is never submitted to USCIS. On the I-765 form you can give USCIS consent to forward your info to SSA for SSN processing. The forwarding of info would occur only after I-765 approval; so those individuals that get I-485 approved before I-765 is even looked at still have to apply in-person at local SSA office with the Green Card. In normal times, K-1 entrants have 76 days (90 days - 14 days of legal status required by the SSA) to apply for SSN at the local SSA office. But SSA offices are currently closed for in-person services. SS-5 can be sent by mail to local SSA office but it's risky as your original documents would have to be sent with the SS-5. Not recommended, since your passport, etc. can be lost by the mail or SSA.

1 hour ago, MNH said:

They were planning to open most of the ASC on or around Jul 20th.

I hope that makes the process faster.

Some people have gotten approval notices for I-765 without doing biometrics. But they haven't received the actual cards:

There is precedent for issuing EADs without biometrics. The EAD says "fingerprint not available"

eadblnk.jpg

FullSizeRender-4-1.jpg

ead.jpg

23 hours ago, HRQX said:

You should challenge the HR representative's interpretation. Keep asking for higher supervisors until it's resolved. From the government: https://www.irs.gov/affordable-care-act/questions-and-answers-about-reporting-social-security-numbers-to-your-health-insurance-company "You should advise your coverage provider that you do not have an SSN or TIN and give them the date of birth for each covered individual."

Thank you for this! We will advise my husband's HR and hopefully they will be able to add me to his insurance ASAP. 

I-751

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

23 hours ago, HRQX said:

In normal times, odds of RFE for that is very low and applicants take the completed I-693 to the interview: "Applicants may submit the Form I-693 medical examination report to USCIS: Concurrently with the immigration benefit application; or At any time after filing the immigration benefit application but before USCIS finalizes adjudication of that application. If not submitted simultaneously with the immigration benefit application, applicants may bring the medical examination report to an interview or wait until USCIS issues an RFE requesting the medical examination report." https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-4

Got it. I just realized that the thread below was from 2016. Thanks for all your help @HRQX:) 

I-751

I-485

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Is anyone's Check cashed or CC charged?  How long does it take to get NOA1 text/email and mail once check is cashed/ CC charged ? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everybody! I think June filers are starting to receive their NOA1s. A friend of mine: check cashed 20 days after sending the packet.

Questions:

1. AOS RFEs are before or after biometrics?

2. We didn't send my NACES degree equivalency (I really didn't want to until I get my work permit and based in what the job I apply to is going to ask me for, also for sending the packet ASAP hahaha), do you think it will be a problem? 

Patience and good luck everyone!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Aeiou1357 said:

Hello everybody! I think June filers are starting to receive their NOA1s. A friend of mine: check cashed 20 days after sending the packet.

Questions:

1. AOS RFEs are before or after biometrics?

2. We didn't send my NACES degree equivalency (I really didn't want to until I get my work permit and based in what the job I apply to is going to ask me for, also for sending the packet ASAP hahaha), do you think it will be a problem? 

Patience and good luck everyone!!!

1. We received an I-485 RFIE (requesting a different birth record) prior to biometrics. 

2. We didn't either. It wasn't mentioned in the RFIE. I'm hoping they won't need one since the highest level of education is in the USA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.