dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview August 2020

893 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
47 minutes ago, NYCBLR85 said:

Did you ask them about the test and result schedule? I found out they send the test to the labs twice a week (it might differ from place to place). 

So you can send the passport to embassy on 24th or 27th Jul. 

I didn't ask about that, but I told them I I was asked to send my passport to the Consulate once the medical results are sent, so the clinic said they would call me and let me know when the report is sent. But I will keep calling from time to time to check.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, mave said:

hello all, my IR1 visa interview was done in Hong Kong this morning. I've been so nervous for the past few days as the no. of local COVID cases surged recently, and I was afraid that my interview would be cancelled. Phew!

My medical report hasn't been emailed to US Consulate so I got a blue paper (221(g)). There was a little bit of confusion on the words by the Consulate Officer, but at the end, I was told to check with the doctor when the report will be sent, and when it's sent, I should then send my passport to Consulate for the visa.

DS5540 - it wasn't asked at all though I prepared the form and supporting documents.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Hoping the medical report arrives soon and then you can be done with the process!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
25 minutes ago, BWman said:

Our interview notice was received today! 

Aug 25 interview. Amsterdam consulate. DQ'd in last week of May.

2 minutes ago, Rhythmlicious said:

Hi all! We received our interview letter! DQ May 11, interview August 4th in Amsterdam 🥰

Great news! Looks like Amsterdam is back in service and not too much of a backlog for IR-1/CR-1!

10 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

Do you have the most current Tax forms and W2. That will suffice.

Unfortunately we have nothing, my husband hasnt been working in the Usa for over 6 years. We called them as advised, and they will send it by mail this week, I hope it arrives before we have our interview and otherwise I hope the joints papers are sufficient enough. 

we just got our interview letter!! August 25th! I will update your form. :)

Feb 14 2019: Send I-130(a)
Feb 19 2019: Delivered

Feb 21 2019: Received NOA1 assigned to Nebraska Service Center

Oct 2 2019: Send I-129F

Oct 7th 2019: Delivered

Oct: 11th 2019: Received NOA1

March 30th 2020: I-130 Approved 

April 13th 2020: Case received by the NVC

May 1st 2020: NVC Welcome email received

May 1st 2020: Paid Bills, processed on May 5th 2020

May 15th 2020: First initial submission

May 26th 2020: Final submission

June 1st 2020: DQ NVC

Waiting for interview letter..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Rosie91 said:

Unfortunately we have nothing, my husband hasnt been working in the Usa for over 6 years. We called them as advised, and they will send it by mail this week, I hope it arrives before we have our interview and otherwise I hope the joints papers are sufficient enough. 

we just got our interview letter!! August 25th! I will update your form. :)

Hi Congrats on the interview date.

Due to Covid they want you In an out of the embassy quickly, I doubt they’re going to ask you all the details for transcripts. However for your preparation you can print out tax filing papers instead. It took them 2+ months to mail the transcripts to us, in the end CO didn’t even ask a single things about the finances.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
23 minutes ago, SarahSwede said:

We have an interview July 21st in Stockholm! Medical is scheduled for the day after. Our case was randomly expedited (we didn't request it, but I think they wanted to start scheduling interviews) so now we need to update whatever paperwork we can before we head to Stockholm. 

Started this process in August 2018! And today is our 3rd anniversary 🥂

Congratulations!

I'm honestly so excited for all of you that finally have an end in sight. We're stuck until either the president re-considers that LPR's have a right to bring their spouses, or Newark NJ schedules my citizenship interview and lets me take an oath after I pass. But it makes me happy that the wait is coming to an end for many :)

6 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Congratulations!

I'm honestly so excited for all of you that finally have an end in sight. We're stuck until either the president re-considers that LPR's have a right to bring their spouses, or Newark NJ schedules my citizenship interview and lets me take an oath after I pass. But it makes me happy that the wait is coming to an end for many :)

Wait, what??? LPR cannot bring their spouses nowadays??? Why???

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
Just now, Daria Parkinson said:

Wait, what??? LPR cannot bring their spouses nowadays??? Why???

We're not exempt from the executive order that is banning immigrant visa issuance until end of this year (for now). I can't explain why - spouses of LPR are exempt just like spouses of USC from all the other executive orders, but this important one does not exclude us :( It's a bit heart breaking, since we contribute to the economy and pay taxes etc just like USC, but what can we do...

Just now, Quarknase said:

We're not exempt from the executive order that is banning immigrant visa issuance until end of this year (for now). I can't explain why - spouses of LPR are exempt just like spouses of USC from all the other executive orders, but this important one does not exclude us :( It's a bit heart breaking, since we contribute to the economy and pay taxes etc just like USC, but what can we do...

Could you please send the link to the LAST EO??? Are the spouses of the USC exempt???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.