Eladnolnod

CR-1 / IR-1 Interview updates

916 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
44 minutes ago, hannahjsf said:

my husbands W-2 and tax transcript for 2019 (his return isn’t back yet)

What does “his return isn’t back yet” mean?  Do you mean his 2019 transcript isn’t available online from the IRS yet?

For the I-864 do one OR the other—

1. Transcript from the IRS. (Order to be mailed or print off from web)

2. Photocopy of all the forms and schedules in the return PLUS the W2 or 1099 wage statement from the employer.

Those things should already be in the file and not need a repeat. One person interviewed last week and said they asked for the W2 to go with the tax pages because NVC had not included it. 

Edited by Wuozopo

3 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

What does “his return isn’t back yet” mean?  Do you mean his 2019 transcript isn’t available online from the IRS yet?

For the I-864 do one OR the other—

1. Transcript from the IRS. (Order to be mailed or print off from web)

2. Photocopy of all the forms and schedules in the return PLUS the W2 or 1099 wage statement from the employer.

Those things should already be in the file and not need a repeat. One person interviewed last week and said they asked for the W2 to go with the tax pages because NVC had not included it. 

I’m not sure how all of the tax stuff works over there but it’s not available online and he said to me he’s been told it’s not “come back yet”, whatever that means.

We did the I-864EZ with his 2018 tax return info but his wage has changed since then.

I don’t expect them to ask for tax info on 2019 but I’d rather be safe than sorry so I’m taking his 1040 and W2 as a precaution.

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• September 14 2018: I-130 NOA1 (TSC)
  • March 19 2019: I-130 NOA2 (186 days)
  • April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)
  • January 24 2020: I-824 NOA2 (273 days)
  • Feb 5 2020: Approved I-130 Sent to NVC (12 days after I-824 NOA2)

NVC Stage:

• February 12 2020: Case Received @ NVC (7 days after being sent)
  • February 16 2020: Expedite Request Sent - Financial Hardship
  • March 7 2020: Case Number Created (23 days after NVC receipt)
  • March 7 2020: IV & AOS Fees Paid (Showed as PAID after 4 days)
  • March 13 2020: IV & AOS Docs Submitted
  • March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)
  • May 04 2020: Documentarily Qualified
  • July 16 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Unconditional!! 
  • July 31 2020: Medical Done
  • August 6 2020: Interview - APPROVED!
  • August 13 2020: CEAC Status - Issued! 😁

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
2 minutes ago, hannahjsf said:

I’m not sure how all of the tax stuff works over there but it’s not available online and he said to me he’s been told it’s not “come back yet”, whatever that means.

We did the I-864EZ with his 2018 tax return info but his wage has changed since then.

I don’t expect them to ask for tax info on 2019 but I’d rather be safe than sorry so I’m taking his 1040 and W2 as a precaution.

We had to file Married Filing Separate for our 2019 taxes and were required to submit the paperwork through the mail instead of filing online like usual. With Covid, all of the paper returns are basically sitting in a trailer somewhere waiting to be processed, so because of this 2019 tax transcripts were/are unavailable since nothing has been processed. When I submitted my tax documents online to CEAC I submitted my w2’s and 1040’s for the last 3 years, as well as my last 6 months of paystubs. 
As mentioned before, we received DQ on June 2nd, so all of this was apparently fine with NVC. It didn’t come without a lot a stress though waiting to see if it all was acceptable! 

Probably more than you wanted to know, but yeah 😂

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
10 minutes ago, hannahjsf said:

That would be the IRS transcript where they have processed it, sent a refund (maybe), and summarized it in a “transcript”. The income is verified when the IRS processes it.

If you don’t have a transcript, you can take copies of the actual return that was filled out. Those need a W2 to verify the income because anybody could get forms and fill out a bogus tax return. The W2 keeps you honest.

Edited by Wuozopo

2 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

That would be the IRS transcript where they have processed it, sent a refund (maybe), and summarized it in a “transcript”. The income is verified when the IRS processes it.

If you don’t have a transcript, you can take copies of the actual return that was filled out. Those need a W2 to verify the income because anybody could get forms and fill out a bogus tax return. The W2 keeps you honest.

Yes that’s what I was trying to say but couldn’t word properly haha, thank you!

We had to file by mail as married filing separately so the IRS transcript isn’t back. I’m going to take a copy of the return that he filled out and the W2. We’re well above the income requirements but I’m a worrier lol

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• September 14 2018: I-130 NOA1 (TSC)
  • March 19 2019: I-130 NOA2 (186 days)
  • April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)
  • January 24 2020: I-824 NOA2 (273 days)
  • Feb 5 2020: Approved I-130 Sent to NVC (12 days after I-824 NOA2)

NVC Stage:

• February 12 2020: Case Received @ NVC (7 days after being sent)
  • February 16 2020: Expedite Request Sent - Financial Hardship
  • March 7 2020: Case Number Created (23 days after NVC receipt)
  • March 7 2020: IV & AOS Fees Paid (Showed as PAID after 4 days)
  • March 13 2020: IV & AOS Docs Submitted
  • March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)
  • May 04 2020: Documentarily Qualified
  • July 16 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Unconditional!! 
  • July 31 2020: Medical Done
  • August 6 2020: Interview - APPROVED!
  • August 13 2020: CEAC Status - Issued! 😁

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
16 minutes ago, hannahjsf said:

Yes that’s what I was trying to say but couldn’t word properly haha, thank you!

We had to file by mail as married filing separately so the IRS transcript isn’t back. I’m going to take a copy of the return that he filled out and the W2. We’re well above the income requirements but I’m a worrier lol

Aha, likewise! I’d much rather have too much information than not enough!

In case anyone else is sitting around with nothing to do but hit refresh on their email, check status on Ceac.state.gov and listen for the post. Here is the chapter of the U.S. Department of State Foreign Affairs Field Manual covering the Pre-Appointment Phase most of us seem stuck in. Nothing really new but reading it felt like I was doing something constructive :D.
https://fam.state.gov/fam/09FAM/09FAM050404.html

58 minutes ago, Davu said:

Unless I'm reading this wrong according to https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2019AnnualReport/FY19AnnualReport-TableVI-Part1.pdf
It looks like the UK Embassy only did 440 Family Preference Immigrant Visas last year. 
Which would break down to around 40 a month. 

Subtract from that all the lucky expedites jumping the que for the last 5 months and were looking at a backlog of less then 200?

In comparison
 Per https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2019AnnualReport/FY19AnnualReport-TableXV.pdf
UK processed 3,898 Immigrant Visa's in all categories.

-  and - 
According to https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2019AnnualReport/FY19AnnualReport- TableIV.pdf
The embassy processed about 150,000 total visas ... both immigrant and non last year

So hopefully even with whatever new procedures that are in place hopefully once the flood gates open it shouldn't be to bad before they are caught up. At least that's the half glass full view point.

A glass half empty might look at those numbers and say "So what's taking them so long to process a measly 200 applications".

I love this! Thank you for your analysis and sharing. I was literally doing something similar last night... like, might as well understand the data behind the process. Glad there's another nerdy one of us out there!

Just now, MattyUKtoUS said:

Well it’s happening!!!    

time for a few beers to celebrate 

743EC5DB-8016-4B67-8D3E-2287E701F537.jpeg

That's 2 today! @Kimi31 just got her interview slot too!!  This is fantastic news-- congratulations! 

1 minute ago, T3G said:

I just got mine for September 3rd!!

When was your DQ? It looks like they are up to the April DQs now. We are June 16th DQ so I guess now expecting an interview in November unless things get dicey again.... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.