Eladnolnod

CR-1 / IR-1 Interview updates

916 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Thought it might be helpful to start a thread for anyone who is waiting on an interview at London for CR-1 / IR-1, so we can keep each other updated as and when news and appointments start to be issued. Also keeps all of this info directly related to us centralised so it’s easier for people to view. 

Our case is still currently sitting at NVC after being DQ’d at the start of June. 

I noticed today that they updated the information on their website that says they are able to process spousal visas... which is a step in the right direction I guess:- 

UPDATED: Can I apply for a fiancé(e)/K-1 visa?/What if my fiancé(e) visa petition expires?

Routine visa processing is currently suspended. We are only able to process visas for certain family members, such as spouses and children. Therefore we are unable to proceed with fiancé(e) visa applications at this time.
If the fiancé(e) visa petition expires, you may revalidate the petition with a letter from the petitioner stating that you both remain legally free to marry and that you will do so within 90 days of your arrival in the United States. You should take the letter with you to your visa interview in the future, not mail it or email it to the Embassy.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/information-for-nonimmigrant-visa-applicants-following-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak/

Edited by Eladnolnod

Yup, there are two main camps of people currently waiting for a CR1/IR1 visa interview at the US Embassy in London right now. The first category consists of DCF filers who were able to file their I-130 petitions directly with the London USCIS Field Office before they stopped accepting new petitions on the 1st of April. People who have received their LND number from the Immigrant Visa Unit at the Embassy have been able to book interviews for the end of July and August. The second category consists of people who went through the Dallas Lockbox and NVC, who have been DQd and are now waiting to be sent an interview date (note: with DCF you are able to select your own interview date).

Thank you for setting this up! I emailed the embassy yesterday via the contact form to see if they might give me a real response-- I cited the DoS guidance that CR/IR-1s are mission critical and the downgrading of the threat level in the UK from 4 to 3. I got a form letter back but they did say they were tentatively opening up some interview slots (I assume these are for DCF who can schedule themselves, or K1. We are not DCF filers)

image.thumb.png.bdeb6fe111b62e3807faa830d7403e1c.png

The UK is set to open cinemas and museums in the next few weeks...I can't imagine embassy appointments pose more of a risk of COVID spread than the cinema does! And it would be relatively easy to maintain social distancing and limit the number of people in the embassy at any one time .

22 minutes ago, shallot343 said:

Thank you for setting this up! I emailed the embassy yesterday via the contact form to see if they might give me a real response-- I cited the DoS guidance that CR/IR-1s are mission critical and the downgrading of the threat level in the UK from 4 to 3. I got a form letter back but they did say they were tentatively opening up some interview slots (I assume these are for DCF who can schedule themselves, or K1. We are not DCF filers)

The UK is set to open cinemas and museums in the next few weeks...I can't imagine embassy appointments pose more of a risk of COVID spread than the cinema does! And it would be relatively easy to maintain social distancing and limit the number of people in the embassy at any one time .

I hope with today’s announcements of the relaxing of certain restrictions, and as mentioned by yourself, the downgrading of the threat level that the embassy will start to schedule these ‘mission critical’ appointments.

I am sure once those with cancelled interviews are able to go and undertake their appointments that further appointments for people currently waiting should be announced shortly after! 

42 minutes ago, shallot343 said:

We were one of the lucky ones to get our application in before the London cut off. We have already received our I-130 approval letter as well. Just waiting for the IVU to send the letter/packet so we can get our LDN number to book the interview. Unfortunately, they are saying 5 weeks to get this (based on the letter). 

I am DCF and have my appointments at the embassy on 10th August.  Booked it online in middle of may. I understand DCF is a little different than other ways though.  

44 minutes ago, Bear_and_Bunny said:

I am DCF and have my appointments at the embassy on 10th August.  Booked it online in middle of may. I understand DCF is a little different than other ways though.  

How long did it take you from your I-130 approval to getting the letter with your LDN number on it? :)

"Routine visa processing is currently suspended. We are only able to process visas for certain family members, such as spouses and children." if this is the case, why aren't NVC sending cases across? Someone posted a review topic about an expedited interview, so it seems they are still happening. We got DQ on 22nd May but there's been no other movement from NVC since. 

8 minutes ago, corntop said:

"Routine visa processing is currently suspended. We are only able to process visas for certain family members, such as spouses and children." if this is the case, why aren't NVC sending cases across? Someone posted a review topic about an expedited interview, so it seems they are still happening. We got DQ on 22nd May but there's been no other movement from NVC since. 

Same here, no news. Approved at the beginning of May and still no news or update on the CEAC status.

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• September 14 2018: I-130 NOA1 (TSC)
  • March 19 2019: I-130 NOA2 (186 days)
  • April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)
  • January 24 2020: I-824 NOA2 (273 days)
  • Feb 5 2020: Approved I-130 Sent to NVC (12 days after I-824 NOA2)

NVC Stage:

• February 12 2020: Case Received @ NVC (7 days after being sent)
  • February 16 2020: Expedite Request Sent - Financial Hardship
  • March 7 2020: Case Number Created (23 days after NVC receipt)
  • March 7 2020: IV & AOS Fees Paid (Showed as PAID after 4 days)
  • March 13 2020: IV & AOS Docs Submitted
  • March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)
  • May 04 2020: Documentarily Qualified
  • July 16 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Unconditional!! 
  • July 31 2020: Medical Done
  • August 6 2020: Interview - APPROVED!
  • August 13 2020: CEAC Status - Issued! 😁

We are part of the last cohort of DCF through London, I-130 petition approved May 13 and still no contact from NVC with our number to book the medical and interview. Our letter stated 5 weeks but the US Embassy website quotes 8 weeks so we’re waiting to see if anything appears by mid-July. If not, I will reach out to the embassy as their website still recommends - might be ignored but trying can’t hurt! 

39 minutes ago, corntop said:

Hoping that we will start to see some movement by NVC in the coming weeks given that situation in the UK is becoming better by the week - this is all, of course, dependant on the embassy’s take of the current state of COVID-19 in this country. 

30 minutes ago, hannahjsf said:

Same here, no news. Approved at the beginning of May and still no news or update on the CEAC status.

You’re not alone, hoping we all hear some more good news very soon!

1 minute ago, transatlantic88 said:

still no contact from NVC with our number to book the medical and interview.

DCF has NO contact with the NVC.   You need to get the case number from the consulate and you are responsible to schedule your own medical and consulate appointments.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

I really hope that non-expedited CR1 don't just get lumped in with "routine visas" and end up staying in the NVC for the rest of the year :( I have no real reason to expedite at the present time, so reading that they're only doing "emergency and mission-critical" visas doesn't fill me with much hope. Trying to keep positive to hear more news in July.

4 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

DCF has NO contact with the NVC.   You need to get the case number from the consulate and you are responsible to schedule your own medical and consulate appointments.

DCF petitions are approved in London and then forwarded to the NVC so it’s not completely true saying there’s no contact. Once our case is sent from the NVC back to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the London Embassy, then we have to schedule our own medical and interview but attendance at the medical requires paperwork showing the case number. It’s widely discussed how NVC aren’t forwarding the approved cases to London right now because routine processing is suspended. Appreciate the advice but I think you’re confusing people with that comment 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.