Eladnolnod

CR-1 / IR-1 Interview updates

916 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, shallot343 said:

This whole process is so so stressful but we are really lucky to be at the Embassy in London. I've read such horror stories about the interviews in some of the "high fraud" countries but seen nothing but pleasant experiences in London. As long as you have all your documents with you I know it will go well!  Good luck!!

Thank you. I can imagine.   We have been through it before when mrs came this way via fiance visa and then spousal.  But you never get used to the stress and worry lol. I have read London to be very friendly too :)

31 minutes ago, Bear_and_Bunny said:

Out of curiosity to those who have had their interviews and those waiting... what did you wear or going to wear?  Obviously not going to rock up in sweatpants or shorts, but is full suit and tie OTT. 

I was thinking "smart" jeans, Button up shirt and suit jacket? 

Remove piercings, plug gauges with flesh coloured ones, have hair back to "normal" colour.

Something I hadnt really thought about too much as mind is full of getting the right paperwork and double triple checking that.  

I didn't realise this was a thing until this morning when I saw it mentioned on another website. It didn't occur to me that there is an unwritten "dress code" because whatever you wear won't have an impact on the outcome 😂🙈

So because it was boiling when I had my interview yesterday I went in a spaghetti strap, flowy v-neck dress that was just above the knee, and white chunky trainers. I also have a tone of tattoos which you could see and of the security guards actually complimented me on them lol. Everyone was extremely nice to me, I didn't get funny looks and I don't think I'd have been treated any differently if I'd dressed differently 🙂

To each their own at the end of the day, but it's not that big of a deal (in my opinion) and wasn't something that even crossed my mind. With the weather we've been having the last few days I'd focus more on wearing something you'll be comfortable in so you're not sweating bullets

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• September 14 2018: I-130 NOA1 (TSC)
  • March 19 2019: I-130 NOA2 (186 days)
  • April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)
  • January 24 2020: I-824 NOA2 (273 days)
  • Feb 5 2020: Approved I-130 Sent to NVC (12 days after I-824 NOA2)

NVC Stage:

• February 12 2020: Case Received @ NVC (7 days after being sent)
  • February 16 2020: Expedite Request Sent - Financial Hardship
  • March 7 2020: Case Number Created (23 days after NVC receipt)
  • March 7 2020: IV & AOS Fees Paid (Showed as PAID after 4 days)
  • March 13 2020: IV & AOS Docs Submitted
  • March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)
  • May 04 2020: Documentarily Qualified
  • July 16 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Unconditional!! 
  • July 31 2020: Medical Done
  • August 6 2020: Interview - APPROVED!
  • August 13 2020: CEAC Status - Issued! 😁

1 minute ago, hannahjsf said:

I didn't realise this was a thing until this morning when I saw it mentioned on another website. It didn't occur to me that there is an unwritten "dress code" because whatever you wear won't have an impact on the outcome 😂🙈

So because it was boiling when I had my interview yesterday I went in a spaghetti strap, flowy v-neck dress that was just above the knee, and white chunky trainers. I also have a tone of tattoos which you could see and of the security guards actually complimented me on them lol. Everyone was extremely nice to me, I didn't get funny looks and I don't think I'd have been treated any differently if I'd dressed differently 🙂

To each their own at the end of the day, but it's not that big of a deal (in my opinion) and wasn't something that even crossed my mind. With the weather we've been having the last few days I'd focus more on wearing something you'll be comfortable in so you're not sweating bullets

I agree.  It shouldnt matter at all and probably wont matter but I was just thinking, you never know lol.  Up until yesterday I had bright pink hair (now a more natural brown), I have 18mm gauges, facial piercings, sleeve tattoos etc lol trying to treat it like a job interview in a way and have 1 chance to make a first impression.  

Congrats on your interview!! 

10 minutes ago, shallot343 said:

This whole process is so so stressful but we are really lucky to be at the Embassy in London. I've read such horror stories about the interviews in some of the "high fraud" countries but seen nothing but pleasant experiences in London. As long as you have all your documents with you I know it will go well!  Good luck!!

I second this. I was so worried I'd forget something and go into AP, or that the COs would be intimidating and maybe try to trip me up with their questions. It was the complete opposite and everyone in the London embassy was super kind. I have nothing negative to say about anyone that I communicated with there from the reception, to the security, to both the COs I spoke with. I felt so silly after I left for worrying as much as I did. @Bear_and_Bunny you'll be fine, I promise! 😊

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)

NVC Stage:

• March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)

1 minute ago, Bear_and_Bunny said:

I agree.  It shouldnt matter at all and probably wont matter but I was just thinking, you never know lol.  Up until yesterday I had bright pink hair (now a more natural brown), I have 18mm gauges, facial piercings, sleeve tattoos etc lol trying to treat it like a job interview in a way and have 1 chance to make a first impression.  

Congrats on your interview!! 

Thank you! I know what you mean with the whole job interview thing, I hadn't thought about it like that but it makes complete sense!

The way I see it is if they think you're legit they're not gonna refuse your visa or put you into AP over what you're wearing/ how you look. Similarly, if they're suspicious they're not gonna approve you because you dressed smartly. With all the nerves you get before your interview the last thing you want to worry about is feeling physically uncomfortable, so just wear whatever you feel most best in, whether that's casual or business casual. You'll be fine, you got this! 💙

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

7 minutes ago, hannahjsf said:

I second this. I was so worried I'd forget something and go into AP, or that the COs would be intimidating and maybe try to trip me up with their questions. It was the complete opposite and everyone in the London embassy was super kind. I have nothing negative to say about anyone that I communicated with there from the reception, to the security, to both the COs I spoke with. I felt so silly after I left for worrying as much as I did. @Bear_and_Bunny you'll be fine, I promise! 😊

Thank you.  I'm fortunate enough that my wife is here at the moment so we get to go together which will help with nerves. 

Not sure how to edit so apologies for double posting. 

Are spouses allowed to come to the embassy for the interview? Just took it for granted that it would be ok.  But reading different things online now.  Some saying have to contact ahead of time. 

Also also lol whats the deal with the public charge forms.  Are they required along with work certificates etc?

Edited by Bear_and_Bunny

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Bear_and_Bunny said:

Are spouses allowed to come to the embassy for the interview? Just took it for granted that it would be ok.  But reading different things online now.  Some saying have to contact ahead of time. 

There’s a form to request your spouse. She should bring her passport for ID. On the embassy website FAQs

Please provide the date of the appointment and the name of your U.S. citizen spouse or fiance(e) and arrangements will be made for them to be admitted to the Embassy.  They will be required to bring with them photo-id for presentation to Embassy personnel.  Children not applying for visas may accompany you also. If 12 or over, we will require their name and they will require photo-id. Please provide the required information through our contact form.

When completing the form,  please include your case number (e.g. LND2013XXXXXX). Failure to do so will delay our response

HOWEVER, with social distancing and all, they may not be letting extras in at this time. I’ve also known spouses to talk their way in on the day. My fiancé did.

EDIT—- And the link to the form is no longer valid. Try this one https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/iv-contact_form/

Edited by Wuozopo

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just to let everyone know regarding registering an appointment / courier service pickup. - After about 24 hours of receiving the email regarding my CR1 Appointment I was able to register the appointment and set the pickup location for my passport ( If you want to have it delivered to your house it's £19 extra ) For anyone curious. This is for the London Embassy. 

Lastly, If you have any current medical conditions, depression for example in the last year or so. Ensure you get an extra summery for that as Visa Medical require it. Even if it's no longer an issue. Mine just states that issue - the cause and that there are no concerns for my safety etc etc. 

It's so wonderful to see so many people getting appointments scheduled. It's rally brightened my day.

Matt

47 minutes ago, DCB said:

Hey guys, I'm new to this thread. My wife is a US citizen and I'm the beneficiary. We filed DCF back in February and I-130 was approved in May. Have ANY DCF filers been invited to book medical and interview yet?

Thanks so much!

Duncan & Kadie

80098271_2997362326959245_4106109999082635264_o.jpg

Yes, over in the DCF forum.  https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/110-ir-1-cr-1-spouse-visa-process-amp-procedu

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

3 hours ago, DCB said:

Hey guys, I'm new to this thread. My wife is a US citizen and I'm the beneficiary. We filed DCF back in February and I-130 was approved in May. Have ANY DCF filers been invited to book medical and interview yet?

Thanks so much!

Duncan & Kadie

80098271_2997362326959245_4106109999082635264_o.jpg

If you're DCF, I believe you just book them.  Visamedicals.co.uk for the medicals and ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv for the interview.  I'm also DCF and after the I130 was approved and I'd recieved my LND number I booked. 

Good luck. 

22 minutes ago, Bear_and_Bunny said:

If you're DCF, I believe you just book them.  Visamedicals.co.uk for the medicals and ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv for the interview.  I'm also DCF and after the I130 was approved and I'd recieved my LND number I booked. 

Good luck. 

Thank you, however - I haven’t received my LND letter/email and it’s been over 12 weeks since I-130 approval :/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, DCB said:

Thank you, however - I haven’t received my LND letter/email and it’s been over 12 weeks since I-130 approval 😕

They are starting to trickle in. Pick up on the last couple of pages of that thread over in DCF forum.

14 hours ago, Bear_and_Bunny said:

Also also lol whats the deal with the public charge forms.  Are they required along with work certificates etc?

Based on the experiences of a handful of people who have had their IR1/CR1 interviews at the London Embassy over the past few weeks, the DS-5540 Public Charge form has not been requested. This may change in the future, but it looks like, for now, you don't need to submit one. The only question related to this that people were asked was about their plans for obtaining health insurance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.