Voice of Reason

Two COVID Positive Hairstylists Served 140 People. Not One Customer Was Infected

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Two Missouri hairstylists saw dozens of customers while symptomatic with COVID-19 but did not pass the disease on to either customers or coworkers.

The Springfield-Greene County Health Department announced earlier this week that the incubation period for 147 people potentially exposed to the coronavirus had passed.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/two-covid-positive-hairstylists-served-140-people-not-one-customer-was-infected

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The hairstylists were probably Antifa or BLM protesters, which would make them immune to the virus.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Interesting, my Governor has been saying all along that hairstylist and barbers are among the most probable professions to pass along the. ChiVi.  Of course, that didn’t stop her from getting her hair taken care of for TV appearances.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

This is actually really good news! It shows that taking precautions works. All the customers and the stylists were wearing face coverings, and the salon staggered how many people could be seen at the same time and spaced out the chairs further. 

https://ktvz.com/news/national-world/2020/06/11/two-hairstylists-who-had-coronavirus-saw-140-clients-officials-are-studying-how-no-one-got-infected/

Timeline
6 minutes ago, laylalex said:

This is actually really good news! It shows that taking precautions works. All the customers and the stylists were wearing face coverings, and the salon staggered how many people could be seen at the same time and spaced out the chairs further. 

https://ktvz.com/news/national-world/2020/06/11/two-hairstylists-who-had-coronavirus-saw-140-clients-officials-are-studying-how-no-one-got-infected/

Yes, and couldn’t those precautions have been implemented a month or more ago?

3 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Yes, and couldn’t those precautions have been implemented a month or more ago?

I'm not an epidemiologist. :) But I think from what I know is that each community is going to have different points at which the rate of infection and rate of hospitalizations have dropped to a point where it IS safe (or safe enough) to carry these activities out. 

I need a haircut myself but I am not convinced that this county should be opening as rapidly as it is. The rates of infection/hospitalization have started to tick up again. I expect to see the numbers climb after the protests, which are ongoing. So our plan here at home is to wait until at least 2 weeks after the protests are over here to see what the numbers are like. We're both pretty shaggy but it's only hair in the end. Ditto for dining in -- I have friends who have invited us out to dinner at a restaurant that is offering dine in service now, but my appetite for risk is low, even if my appetite for having Italian food in a restaurant instead of on the couch is pretty high. :P 

3 hours ago, Dashinka said:

Yes, and couldn’t those precautions have been implemented a month or more ago

Maybe, but it's clear people were just making **** up as they went along. Those in the right mindset sprang into action to immediately protect the vulnerable. Others were in a frenzy to grab power+hurt Trump vis-a-vis the economy and kinda ignored the whole part about protecting vulnerable people. 

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It depends on the age of the customers also. They could cut kids' hair while coughing all day long and they aren't going to get them sick. Seniors? ☠️

4 hours ago, laylalex said:

Or... it was never near as transmittable as we were led to believe by the mass hysteria of the media.  Given the rates we are seeing today, now that more data is in, I know what I believe.   YMMV

1 hour ago, JonSeattle said:

It depends on the age of the customers also. They could cut kids' hair while coughing all day long and they aren't going to get them sick. Seniors? ☠️

That's not really true though. Kids can and DO contract COVID19. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-in-babies-and-children/art-20484405

I do agree seniors should stay home.

25 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Or... it was never near as transmittable as we were led to believe by the mass hysteria of the media.  Given the rates we are seeing today, now that more data is in, I know what I believe.   YMMV

Huh? The reason why rates are low is because we stayed at home, and when we did need to go out, we took precautions. :huh: 

I know what I believe, and it doesn't match what you're saying at all. That's okay, we can agree to disagree without being disagreeable.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 minutes ago, laylalex said:

and when we did need to go out, we took precautions. :huh: 

i do the same - it's called conceal carry.   :)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

3 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

i do the same - it's called conceal carry.   :)

That's not what I was thinking but okay. :) 

Timeline
12 hours ago, laylalex said:

That's not really true though. Kids can and DO contract COVID19. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-in-babies-and-children/art-20484405

Huh? The reason why rates are low is because we stayed at home, and when we did need to go out, we took precautions. :huh: 

I know what I believe, and it doesn't match what you're saying at all. That's okay, we can agree to disagree without being disagreeable.

So you are buying into the narrative?  I can agree with the precaution thing, and everyone has to weigh their own level of risk, but all businesses could have introduced these precautions much sooner, instead we get individual governors claiming they are using science to make decisions and making arbitrary choices as to which businesses or services are essential.  

13 hours ago, laylalex said:

I think the entire country of S. Korea agrees with me.  But we'll never know for sure either way.

2 hours ago, Dashinka said:

So you are buying into the narrative?  I can agree with the precaution thing, and everyone has to weigh their own level of risk, but all businesses could have introduced these precautions much sooner, instead we get individual governors claiming they are using science to make decisions and making arbitrary choices as to which businesses or services are essential.  

This is what I'm talking about: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-masks-study-idUSKBN23G37V

It's not just masks or distancing or lockdowns, it's all of them together. And having a harsher lockdown at the beginning was important because there was so much we didn't know (and still don't) about the virus. We know more now than we did then, and the lockdowns bought us time and saved people from getting infected while we puzzled it out, and continue to puzzle it out. 

Knowledge isn't static, it's dynamic, and builds upon itself. As we gain more, we adapt our response. None of this has been perfect, but we are all humans, messy creatures, limited and empowered by our brains. This has all been absolutely awful, but there never could be a perfect response. 

I don't think there ever would be a way to determine what is an essential business and what is not that would satisfy everyone. I think most people would agree that pharmacies and grocery stores are. And places like Home Depot were essential because keeping your home repaired is essential. Car repair places too. But it's not necessary to go to Nordstrom or a shoe store or a gift shop. We don't need to eat in a restaurant dining room. We have all been called on to make sacrifices now and small business owners have taken the brunt of this. Frankly there needs to be a Main Street bailout. 

Just my thoughts.