David & Olga

US Embassy Reopening - Update Thread

580 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, LegalAlienn said:

Ok this is a joke now!!! US Embassy in Zagreb Croatia will resume B1/B2 visas from August 18th... WHAT THE F*** IS GOING ON?! 😡 😡😡

Tell me about it

they are resuming India certain visa types where covid is out of control, but Pakistan it’s less than 800 cases for weeks, yet no updates.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, stech786 said:

Tell me about it

they are resuming India certain visa types where covid is out of control, but Pakistan it’s less than 800 cases for weeks, yet no updates.

Yeah it’s beyond frustrating.  I’m not one to subscribe to conspiracy theories but it really seems the current US administration is taking every chance they are given to screw over people during the immigration process.  The pre-COVID wait times were already unacceptable. I imagine the backlog will be unholy once they do decide to finally reopen. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
10 hours ago, LegalAlienn said:

Ok this is a joke now!!! US Embassy in Zagreb Croatia will resume B1/B2 visas from August 18th... WHAT THE F*** IS GOING ON?! 😡 😡😡

Tourists bring in money. Fiancés don’t. I’m not surprised, just so extremely tired of all of this. As my fiancé would say, they are at least adding more visas to the list, so I guess that is something to be grateful for. 

Timeline

Just to clarify, I know B visas aren’t just for tourism, there is the medical and business aspect of them, and we don’t know exactly what limits they have, so who can actually get the visa. But I feel my point still stands. 🤷‍♀️

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Timeline
7 hours ago, stech786 said:

Tourist also bring virus

Fiances also brings money in. When they move in, they buy new car, house, furniture etc

Does it look like they care about virus numbers? Doesn't seem like it to me.
Fiance brings money, but also stays. Tourists leave, meaning tourist = pure profit.
Might be wrong of course, nothing I say is set in stone.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 8/16/2020 at 1:07 PM, knightrider said:

US consulates and embassy in India will open from Aug 17. Follow official updates here: 
http://cdn.ustraveldocs.com/in/
https://in.usembassy.gov/visas/

"...will begin processing of student and academic exchange visitor visa applications on a limited basis on August 17." .... "This being said, we continue to remain closed for routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services.  We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date. " 😕 (Embassy India)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 8/17/2020 at 10:17 PM, LegalAlienn said:

True am beginning to think their is a unofficial ban on k's everything else beats my understanding 

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Update to the Islamabad Embassy from my contact, my SIL, who works there. There is no new resumptions of routine immigrant visas next week. 

This prolonged hiatus is very surprising, I thought the embassy would be open for interviews by now. This does seem like an unofficial restriction on immigration from certain nations.

Edited by Joppike

3 hours ago, Joppike said:

Update to the Islamabad Embassy from my contact, my SIL, who works there. There is no new resumptions of routine immigrant visas next week. 

This prolonged hiatus is very surprising, I thought the embassy would be open for interviews by now. This does seem like an unofficial restriction on immigration from certain nations.

Thank you so much for updating us. Do you have any information on CR1/IR1 cases? Are those under processing? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.