David & Olga

US Embassy Reopening - Update Thread

580 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, imsan said:

Where did you get the info? Embassy is asking applicants to schedule?

We have a group on Telegram app of people waiting on Mumbai Embassy for the spouse visa's. 3 people from the group received the letter from embassy to schedule their interview yesterday. All the 3 had their interviews cancelled on March 17th.

Yes, Embassy have given them time slots in this month to book their own appointment.

Edited by JASP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, JASP said:

We have a group on Telegram app of people waiting on Mumbai Embassy for the spouse visa's. 3 people from the group received the letter from embassy to schedule their interview yesterday. All the 3 had their interviews cancelled on March 17th.

That's great. Did the embassy ask them to schedule within 2 weeks? Embassy did not provide them with a fixed date like they used to do?

K-1 Visa process (I'm the USC [M])

Sent packet: October 21, 2019

USCIS Received package: October 22, 2019
Notification in text/email: October 30, 2019
Mail received from USCIS: November 09, 2019
USCIS Approved I-129F Petition: May 06, 2020

event.png

Timeline
1 minute ago, imsan said:

That's great. Did the embassy ask them to schedule within 2 weeks? Embassy did not provide them with a fixed date like they used to do?

No, they asked them to schedule. This is what major embassies did too when they resumed services. I am guessing once the cancelled ones are done they will schedule dates like they did earlier.

57 minutes ago, JASP said:

Yes, Embassy have given them time slots in this month to book their own appointment.

Thank you so much for sharing this, finally some hope.  Was the letter sent via email ? 
also, please share if they need to redo their medical and biometrics. 

Edited by Kp2078

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Kp2078 said:

Thank you so much for sharing this, finally some hope. Was the letter sent via email ? 
also, please share if the need to redo their medical. 

Most welcome 😊Yes, they received an email regarding the rescheduling, it came from "Mumbai IV".

The medical is valid for 6 months till the Port of entry when you finally come to US. So if you had already taken the medical test, calculate the dates accordingly and get a new one if required. But i would suggest only when you receive the email from the embassy on scheduling do it.

Also everyone ensure your documents are ready and are valid, like the PCC it has a one year validity from issue. 

Edited by JASP

Soooo, my embassy has started processing K1's... yet they still won't forward my case to NVC until ''routing'' visa processing? I thought that K1s were high priority? Apparently not. 

1590709682_baloney2.thumb.jpg.f12f710bf948445b7e4df90a787674ff.jpg1490692308_baloney1.thumb.jpg.3eb93816fcfd454ef3ac893c1e848093.jpg

Timeline
On 9/16/2020 at 10:57 AM, eirinlinn said:

Soooo, my embassy has started processing K1's... yet they still won't forward my case to NVC until ''routing'' visa processing? I thought that K1s were high priority? Apparently not. 

1590709682_baloney2.thumb.jpg.f12f710bf948445b7e4df90a787674ff.jpg1490692308_baloney1.thumb.jpg.3eb93816fcfd454ef3ac893c1e848093.jpg

I hate it how they say "will resume visa services as soon as possible" its been 7 months but still as soon as possible. 🙏

On 9/16/2020 at 10:57 AM, eirinlinn said:

I just spent a hour on google trying to find out if Sarajevo is processing K1, oh my gosh. I know they just started doing passport renewals, and they're open now only on Wednesdays. 

14 hours ago, DenisaH said:

I just spent a hour on google trying to find out if Sarajevo is processing K1, oh my gosh. I know they just started doing passport renewals, and they're open now only on Wednesdays. 

If it makes you feel better there’s a person on here who has his k1 appointment rescheduled. His was canceled in March. This most likely means they are starting to work on their backlog of k1s 

4 minutes ago, eirinlinn said:

If it makes you feel better there’s a person on here who has his k1 appointment rescheduled. His was canceled in March. This most likely means they are starting to work on their backlog of k1s 

Sarajevo embassy? You sure? 😂

1 hour ago, DenisaH said:

Sarajevo embassy? You sure? 😂

Yes.. I got my interview for 5th October and then they moved it back again for 19th.. so hoping now they won’t push that one as well.. even though they’ve been publishing for 3 weeks that they are processing K visas

6 minutes ago, LegalAlienn said:

Yes.. I got my interview for 5th October and then they moved it back again for 19th.. so hoping now they won’t push that one as well.. even though they’ve been publishing for 3 weeks that they are processing K visas

Fingers crossed 🤞  

33 minutes ago, LegalAlienn said:

Wishing the best! 

I'm happy to report that our case status changed today from "At NVC" to "In Transit." 🥳We received our NOA2 in mid-March, our case number was assigned in early April and our embassy is Sarajevo, Bosnia. Wishing everyone positive movement!! 🤞

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.