David & Olga

US Embassy Reopening - Update Thread

580 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what's going in the Embassy in Manila?

The U.S. Embassy in the Philippines is continuing to provide emergency, mission-critical visa services. As Philippine conditions permit, the Embassy will phase in processing some routine nonimmigrant and immigrant visa cases, for example: travelers with urgent travel needs; students (F-1, M-1, and certain J-1); and some spouses and minor children of U.S. citizens consistent with Presidential Proclamation 10014. The volume and type of visa cases we will process will depend on local circumstances. We will resume adjudicating all routine nonimmigrant and immigrant visa cases only when adequate resources are available and it is safe to do so.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/faqs-phased-resumption-of-routine-visa-services/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

This is exciting news the US State Department at the nations capital enter Phase 2 of "Diplomacy Strong," which allows up to 80% of employees to return to work onsite. I hope this means that Embassies and consulates around the world will follow suit and begin Phase 2 also if the nations capital has entered Phase 2. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/31/politics/state-department-phase-2/index.html

1 minute ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

This is exciting news the US State Department at the nations capital enter Phase 2 of "Diplomacy Strong," which allows up to 80% of employees to return to work onsite. I hope this means that Embassies and consulates around the world will follow suit and begin Phase 2 also if the nations capital has entered Phase 2. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/31/politics/state-department-phase-2/index.html

Hope so too. If they have more staff they will probably process more visa types. Thanks for the update.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mtu Mzuri said:

Hope so too. If they have more staff they will probably process more visa types. Thanks for the update.

Your welcome :) I also hope with more staff returning to Embassies they will conduct more interviews and also faster. So many people are just waiting for interviews its crazy. 

Just now, OrihimeandIchigo said:

Your welcome :) I also hope with more staff returning to Embassies they will conduct more interviews and also faster. So many people are just waiting for interviews its crazy. 

Yes. It's been a nightmare year. All I want at this point is to close out 2020 with my fiance by my side. This waiting game has been unbearable. Let's hope for the best.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Everyone, 

I have been trying to find information on the US embassy in London with regards the restarting of K1 visas. Does anyone have any idea where I can go with this, or does anyone know what is going on? I don't listen to the news or read alot on the net as we simply don't know what to believe anymore! Hope you guys can point me in the right direction 

TIA 

1 minute ago, Natalie25 said:

Hi Everyone, 

I have been trying to find information on the US embassy in London with regards the restarting of K1 visas. Does anyone have any idea where I can go with this, or does anyone know what is going on? I don't listen to the news or read alot on the net as we simply don't know what to believe anymore! Hope you guys can point me in the right direction 

TIA 

The UK Embassy in London post their updates here: https://uk.usembassy.gov/information-for-nonimmigrant-visa-applicants-following-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak/

It is the only place with actual information-- everything else is just speculation and the embassy itself will just direct you to their website. Unfortunately they have only officially announced actively working on student visas and immediate family members and anecdotally seem to only be processing family visas that are already at the embassy or received an expedited appointment. 

image.png.3c7985f4389adbd08cf4394b6b54dacb.png

Good luck!  

Timeline
5 minutes ago, shallot343 said:

The UK Embassy in London post their updates here: https://uk.usembassy.gov/information-for-nonimmigrant-visa-applicants-following-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak/

It is the only place with actual information-- everything else is just speculation and the embassy itself will just direct you to their website. Unfortunately they have only officially announced actively working on student visas and immediate family members and anecdotally seem to only be processing family visas that are already at the embassy or received an expedited appointment. 

image.png.3c7985f4389adbd08cf4394b6b54dacb.png

Good luck!  

Thank you, I saw that they only really reopened 27th July so it will take some time to get back up and running hopefully not too long! Xx

Timeline
1 hour ago, Natalie25 said:

Hi Everyone, 

TIA 

Definitely keep your eyes on the UK sub-forum. A lot of useful information there. I rebook my medical every month, and asked them about the embassy on Thursday (whilst rebooking) in case they knew anything and I was just told to keep checking the embassy website.

Timeline
43 minutes ago, BC97 said:

Definitely keep your eyes on the UK sub-forum. A lot of useful information there. I rebook my medical every month, and asked them about the embassy on Thursday (whilst rebooking) in case they knew anything and I was just told to keep checking the embassy website.

Excuse my naivety, whats the UK sub-forum? Are you in the K1 process too? I've just been told my application will stay with the NVC until embassies open for K1s 

Thank you for this info! 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Natalie25 said:

Excuse my naivety, whats the UK sub-forum? Are you in the K1 process too? I've just been told my application will stay with the NVC until embassies open for K1s 

Thank you for this info! 

No worries. I’m in the exact same boat as you!

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

Feel free to inbox me if you’ve got any questions. I’m not an expert but have lived on these forums the past couple

mknths 😂

2 hours ago, Natalie25 said:

Thank you, I saw that they only really reopened 27th July so it will take some time to get back up and running hopefully not too long! Xx

Each and every day and week I hope for good news on K-1s. Hope this week brings some. Good luck to us all. 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, BC97 said:

No worries. I’m in the exact same boat as you!

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

Feel free to inbox me if you’ve got any questions. I’m not an expert but have lived on these forums the past couple

mknths 😂

Thank goodness i now have you to keep me sane! 🤣🤣 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, Mtu Mzuri said:

Each and every day and week I hope for good news on K-1s. Hope this week brings some. Good luck to us all. 

You and me both.....I struggle every day, and cry like a baby most days.  This has been awful.  But I think we are starting to see signs of hope.  For Mexico, I see that someone is getting a K-1 processed in Mexico City.  This makes me wonder if they will actually begin processing them in more consulates to help ease the back log.   I hope that is the case.   We all need some good news.  I am still hopeful for an appointment before the end of 2020.  PLEASE!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.