Ailene and Ali

RFE for I-129F Couple's bona fide intent to marry

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hi all! I am the petitioner and I received an RFE requesting evidence of our intent to marry and they list several examples. USCIS did confirm in the RFE letter that they received both our signed letters regarding our intent to marry. They list several examples I can send, conversations with us discussing wedding plans and the future which I do have.  I used RapidVisa and was told to not send chat logs with my initial packet so I didn't. We are doing a courthouse wedding since his family from Iraq will not be able to attend, and then the next day a wedding reception party at an Airbnb in downtown Houston. I also want to include a signed letter from my mother and also from his parents saying they are aware and support the wedding, and I also have messages from his mother. My question is they also listed "evidence of financial support" which I assume is proof of earnings from me, correct? I know this is normally requested at the NVC stage, and I make above the requested amount so not worried about that. Should I send at least my last two W2's showing what I earned? And with everything listed above, I think I am good with the evidence. Thank you guys!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ailene and Ali said:

Hi all! I am the petitioner and I received an RFE requesting evidence of our intent to marry and they list several examples. USCIS did confirm in the RFE letter that they received both our signed letters regarding our intent to marry. They list several examples I can send, conversations with us discussing wedding plans and the future which I do have.  I used RapidVisa and was told to not send chat logs with my initial packet so I didn't. We are doing a courthouse wedding since his family from Iraq will not be able to attend, and then the next day a wedding reception party at an Airbnb in downtown Houston. I also want to include a signed letter from my mother and also from his parents saying they are aware and support the wedding, and I also have messages from his mother. My question is they also listed "evidence of financial support" which I assume is proof of earnings from me, correct? I know this is normally requested at the NVC stage, and I make above the requested amount so not worried about that. Should I send at least my last two W2's showing what I earned? And with everything listed above, I think I am good with the evidence. Thank you guys!

What did you actually write in the intent statement?

Please provide the exact wording of the RFE 

YMMV

Timeline

My intent statement provided by RapidVisa had the following content:

Dear Sir of Madam: I, (my fiancé's full name), do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry Ailene (my full name), and intend to do so within 90 days of my arrival into the United States using the K-1 visa. Yours truly. 

***This was provided by Rapid Visa that myself and my fiancé signed, and had our name and home address on the opening of the letter and dated. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ailene and Ali said:

My intent statement provided by RapidVisa had the following content:

Dear Sir of Madam: I, (my fiancé's full name), do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry Ailene (my full name), and intend to do so within 90 days of my arrival into the United States using the K-1 visa. Yours truly. 

***This was provided by Rapid Visa that myself and my fiancé signed, and had our name and home address on the opening of the letter and dated. 

One document that you both signed?

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, payxibka said:

One document that you both signed?

That may very well be they key here.  Our one and only RFE for my wife’s entire process was similar where we only had one letter of intent.  My wife, then my fiancé, sent me a letter via email which I submitted in response to the RFE, and we moved forward.  Additionally, our letters of intent were a little more detailed in how we met in person, how we continued our relationship and how we decided to get married.

Edited by Dashinka

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
Just now, Dashinka said:

That may very well be they key here.  Our one and only RFE for my wife’s entire process was similar where we only had one letter of intent.  I had my then fiancé send me a letter via email which I submitted I response to the RFE, and we moved forward.  Additionally, our letters of intent were a little more detailed in how we met in person, how we continued our relationship and how we decided to get married.

If based on what the OP wrote,  what they provided was the beneficiary intent statement but nothing from the USC.

YMMV

Timeline

Both of us submitted our own statement to Rapid Visa who in turn put our packet together. I went by their requests, plenty of pictures, each labeled, my boarding passes, our stamped passports. No messages between the two of us because we were told to submit at the interview. I also wrote an entire detailed story how we met, his sister and brother in law live here in Houston for 6 years. I met Ali through his sister, who I have been friends with for over two years due to both our daughters being best friends. The only detail I wrote in our story was that we would be getting married in Houston, Texas at the courthouse. I included details in my original story also about the proposal, but I did not give details on when we decided to be in a committed relationship or get engaged. Now I see where that information would be helpful. I have the messages where he informed me the morning he went ring shopping and was bringing his mother with him who picked out my engagement ring. The financial support is what I am not clear on what I need to send. 

Timeline

Payxibka, I think I will submit both our intents to marry again, but with more details as you stated to show our ongoing conversations about our plans. Rapid Visa's letter for each of us was very lacking, now that I look at it. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ailene and Ali said:

Payxibka, I think I will submit both our intents to marry again, but with more details as you stated to show our ongoing conversations about our plans. Rapid Visa's letter for each of us was very lacking, now that I look at it. 

Wasn't me who suggested that because my statements mimicked VJs example, which are short and concise.  In addition,  I provided no chats, no photos.  Only three boarding passes and a passport entry stamp ad evidence of meeting. 

You have to decide for yourself how detailed to get

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

We also received the same REF in Feb. 2020 because my initial package did not have a ton of information, just pictures and boarding pass and letter of intent. My response to the REF was:

1 Resubmit copies of intent to marry

2. Chat and call logs (picked a few - initial chat, proposal chat and recent phone log)

3. 6 months Pay stub and last 3 years tax transcripts 

4. Letters from his sister and brother and my mom acknowledging our relationship/engagement 

5. Chat from my dad letting him know our plans to get married 

6. Letter from my church that we will plan to get married at the church

7. Detailed letter of how we first met and started dating

8. Pictures of recent visit and engagement and boarding pass

After submitting all that, I realized I did not do enough at beginning. However, we got approved 2 weeks after they received the REF response. Now we are stuck at NVC stage for 2 months now 😔😔, we are praying embassy opens soon🙏.

I hope this information helps you and maybe someone else out there. Good luck.

Timeline

Favored13 yes that helps me out tremendously! Thank you so much! And you are right, I thought I had submitted enough because I gave everything that RapidVisa asked for, but now I see, I could've sent a lot more items. I hope your Embassy opens up soon :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, Ailene and Ali said:

The intent statements came from RapidVisa and USCIS accepted those. It was my personal address, etc. I stated that I, Ailene George intend on marrying ****removed***  within 90 days of his arrival to the U.S. He also did the same and I had to get his actual wet signature before sending. The RFE exact words are: Couple's Bona Fide Intent To Marry- With the filing of the instant petition, you provided a letter from you, and a letter from the beneficiary of your intent to marry each other within 90 days of the beneficiary's arrival into the United States. However, submit evidence to show that you and the beneficiary have a bona fide intent to marry. Evidence of a bona fide intent may be, but is not limited to:

1.Details on how you and the beneficiary made the decision to become engaged.

2. Evidence of ongoing communications between you and the beneficiary.

3. Correspondence between you and the beneficiary discussing your future and/or marriage

4. Evidence of an engagement ceremony

5. Evidence of wedding preparations

6. Evidence of financial support

7. Any other evidence that might shed light on your intent to marry. 

*So I can submit 1,2,3,5. I just want to submit more items if possible because this is my last shot to convince. 

one post removed for containing personal information,  post is quoted and returned above minus the individual's name
do not post personal information on this site.  this site can be viewed by anyone, including people who are not members.

charles
vj moderation

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 hours ago, Sanella&Dylan said:

Did you guys include pictures of meeting? We also included a letter saying how we met, my husband wrote it out of his name how he met me, it was online on runescape and when I came down for the first time and how his feelings started growing and the details and when he proposed to me.

the above post quoted the now edited post and is removed.  the above post returned to viewing without the aforementioned unedited post.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

With our i-129f submission I submitted everything under the sun, everything I had ever read of being even remotely associated with an i-129f submission and then took each item and cranked it up to 11 lol. My petition package was about 3" thick of 8.5"x11" fine print with margins at max lol, lol I'm sure they are enjoying that one (it was somewhere in the few hundred pages range). But I would not be surprised if I still received an RFE anyways these days lol. It should be interesting to see what they come back with. 

Although I didn't submit my evidence of support since I was under the impression that was not required until later (in retrospect I think I should have included it, just to be sure) but regardless, I already have it compiled and ready to be thrown into overnight deliver should it come to that, along with every other single document ever mentioned being needed up through USEM Interview lol. Luck favors the prepared right? lol 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It seems the USCIS is questioning your intent to marry, not necessarily that you guys have met and are in a relationship.

For our K-1 we submitted photos of the engagement ring (on her finger), our engagement celebration dinner that night, and copies of the receipt for the rings (we got a matching set of engagement and wedding rings at around the same time). 

Edit: Our letters of intent to marry was short and concise.  We never received an RFE.

Edited by SteveInBostonI130

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.