21 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Visa category: F4

I have submitted all of my documents including affidavit of support, DS260 and civil documents to CEAC online on 25th February 2020. Its been more than 10 weeks of my first submission which is the Affidavit of support, but still there's NO SINGLE REVIEW from CEAC end so far. This is emotionally very frustrating and getting really stressful over the days. However, I've tried making an inquire through the NVC inquiry form but all I got in return is "THE DOCUMENTS YOU SUBMITTED ARE BEING REVIEWED" and this has happened twice.

In regards to the situation described, what actions can I take other than waiting or if I can apply for expedite under the basis of emotional hardship?

Any kinds of support and info will be appreciated. TIA

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Shariar Rahman said:

Hi there,

Visa category: F4

I have submitted all of my documents including affidavit of support, DS260 and civil documents to CEAC online on 25th February 2020. Its been more than 10 weeks of my first submission which is the Affidavit of support, but still there's NO SINGLE REVIEW from CEAC end so far. This is emotionally very frustrating and getting really stressful over the days. However, I've tried making an inquire through the NVC inquiry form but all I got in return is "THE DOCUMENTS YOU SUBMITTED ARE BEING REVIEWED" and this has happened twice.

In regards to the situation described, what actions can I take other than waiting or if I can apply for expedite under the basis of emotional hardship?

Any kinds of support and info will be appreciated. TIA

Lately NVC is taking longer to review documents. 
some people get it within 24 hours while for others it takes 2 months. 

i saw few approved documents in last two days for submissions on 20th February. So may be soon you can expect a response from them. 

no point calling them about this. They dont know the answer. 

1 hour ago, Shariar Rahman said:

if I can apply for expedite under the basis of emotional hardship

Have you looked at the reasons why this request could be approved? Are you the sole caregiver of an elderly person, are there any childcare issues, is your military service causing stress to your immediate family, or is the well-being of a child being impacted? Does your case fit into any of these? If not, you'll have to sit back and wait like the other thousands of people. 

Look at the middle of this page. What date does it show for "Current case review time"? https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html Compare it with your date. 

Edited by user555

1 hour ago, AP-1 said:

Lately NVC is taking longer to review documents. 
some people get it within 24 hours while for others it takes 2 months. 

i saw few approved documents in last two days for submissions on 20th February. So may be soon you can expect a response from them. 

no point calling them about this. They dont know the answer. 

Hi thanks for your response,

Yeah that could be true, but my aunts family submitted their first submission was on 22nd february they already got their DQ yesterday.

18 minutes ago, user555 said:

Have you looked at the reasons why this request could be approved? Are you the sole caregiver of an elderly person, are there any childcare issues, is your military service causing stress to your immediate family, or is the well-being of a child being impacted? Does your case fit into any of these? If not, you'll have to sit back and wait like the other thousands of people. 

Look at the middle of this page. What date does it show for "Current case review time"? https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html Compare it with your date. 

Hi there thanks for your response.

I am afraid I don't meet the above criteria, but my parents are getting curious about it which is frustrating. They're old and they just wants to meet their siblings ASAP and start living with them. However, there are 4 other aunts of mine they submitted on 22nd February and 2 of them already got their DQ. I hope I am able to make you understand the whole situation.

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Shariar Rahman said:

Hi thanks for your response,

Yeah that could be true, but my aunts family submitted their first submission was on 22nd february they already got their DQ yesterday.

YES. Its not same for all. Every case is different. Dont compare it with your family. But if theirs submission date is same as your, you can expect that they are reviewing your documents. May be you get the email next week. 

All you can do is wait. Consulates are closed anyways. Nothing is going to happen to your case if you get DQ right now. Also theres EO in place.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Shariar Rahman said:

However, I've tried making an inquire through the NVC inquiry form but all I got in return is "THE DOCUMENTS YOU SUBMITTED ARE BEING REVIEWED" and this has happened twice.

I don't think there is an expedite for emotional hardship.  Otherwise, we all would have expedited our cases.  This process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and money.  You just have to wait.

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 hour ago, Lucky Cat said:

I don't think there is an expedite for emotional hardship.  Otherwise, we all would have expedited our cases.  This process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and money.  You just have to wait.

Yeah and I've been dealing with this for the past 3 months physically, mentally and emotionally. Don't really know when this waiting is going to end. sad face GIF

1 hour ago, AP-1 said:

YES. Its not same for all. Every case is different. Dont compare it with your family. But if theirs submission date is same as your, you can expect that they are reviewing your documents. May be you get the email next week. 

All you can do is wait. Consulates are closed anyways. Nothing is going to happen to your case if you get DQ right now. Also theres EO in place.

But once I get my documents reviewed I can at least sit back and relax without worrying you know. This document things and waiting is really hectic 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Shariar Rahman said:

But once I get my documents reviewed I can at least sit back and relax without worrying you know. This document things and waiting is really hectic 

This will never end. 
once you get dq. You will be waiting for interview letter. 

searching for what dates they are working. 😂

others are getting interview dates. When will i get mine. Thats the question after dq. 😂 

immigration is never relaxed process. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I submitted AOS on 2/19/20 and my mom’s documents were submitted on 2/21/20. I just got an email yesterday that it was approved and documents were accepted. You’re not that far behind me. Good luck. 🍀👍 

Edited by abbielovesjeremy

955jbsadc6.png

american.gif philippines.gif

Visa Journey

08/01/2009 - Sent I-130 package

09/18/2009 - I-130 approved

09/30/2009 - Case number assigned

12/17/2009 - Failed log in / Case completed YES!!

02/03/2010 - VISA interview at 830am -- VISA APPROVED

03/06/2010 - POE San Francisco via PAL

04/17/2010 - GC and SSN in the mail

ROC

01/06/2012 - Sent I-751 package to CSC

01/09/2012 - I-751 delivered at 11:12am / Date of NOA1

01/12/2012 - Check cashed

01/14/2012 - Received NOA1 hard copy

01/20/2012 - Date of ASC Appointment letter

01/25/2012 - Received ASC Appointment letter hard copy

02/07/2012 - Biometrics done

03/06/2012 - CR1 expiration

06/13/2012 - Date ROC approved

06/15/2012 - Ordered new card production

06/19/2012 - USCIS mailed the new card

06/21/2012 - Got approval letter and my 10 year GC in the mail (GC expires 06/15/2022)

N-400

12/09/2014 - Sent N-400 package

12/13/2014 - N-400 delivered at 10:13 am

12/15/2014 - Date of NOA

12/16/2014 - Date NOA was received by USCIS

12/22/2014 - Received NOA (hard copy) in the mail

12/30/2014 - Date of Yellow Letter

01/04/2015 - Received yellow letter in the mail

01/07/2015 - Biometrics appointment

01/09/2015 - In line for the interview

01/16/2015 - Received interview letter in the mail

02/13/2015 - Interview date (Approved)

04/03/2015 - Oath Ceremony

8 minutes ago, abbielovesjeremy said:

I submitted AOS on 2/19/20 and my mom’s documents were submitted on 2/21/20. I just got an email yesterday that it was approved and documents were accepted. You’re not that far behind me. Good luck. 🍀👍 

That’s nice to hear and thanks for the support means a lot during this hard time 👍🏼❤️

5 hours ago, AP-1 said:

This will never end. 
once you get dq. You will be waiting for interview letter. 

searching for what dates they are working. 😂

others are getting interview dates. When will i get mine. Thats the question after dq. 😂 

immigration is never relaxed process. 

IKR, but at this moment my only priority is getting DQ. Thanks for the support, means a lot during this hard time ❤️

5 hours ago, Shariar Rahman said:

IKR, but at this moment my only priority is getting DQ. Thanks for the support, means a lot during this hard time ❤️

Honestly, nobody has any idea. Not even NVC has any idea because they are moving at a snail's pace currently because of "stay at home" orders that were in effect. Perhaps, now that many states are opening again (or I should say, forcing/pushing people back into the work place), perhaps their turn-around time may increase.

I've seen NVC go from an average turn around time of 53 days in December to 63-67 (during Jan 2020 - Feb 2020), and during the Pandemic 67-88 days. Unfortunately, as of June 1, it is now approximately 94 days turn-around time frame (from submission of all docs to receipt of DQ status).

Perhaps, the turn-around time frame may go down slowly as NVC offices begins welcoming back their workers to the office. Please keep mind that even if NVC completes your case, they cannot issue a definitive appointment date (if any) because of President Trump's immigration ban (if it applies to you). Lastly, not all cases are treated equally, despite being filed on the same day as other cases.

It's a waiting game my friend; your best option is to monitor the "Current case review time" here as others have posted already: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

13 hours ago, vincentlina said:

Honestly, nobody has any idea. Not even NVC has any idea because they are moving at a snail's pace currently because of "stay at home" orders that were in effect. Perhaps, now that many states are opening again (or I should say, forcing/pushing people back into the work place), perhaps their turn-around time may increase.

I've seen NVC go from an average turn around time of 53 days in December to 63-67 (during Jan 2020 - Feb 2020), and during the Pandemic 67-88 days. Unfortunately, as of June 1, it is now approximately 94 days turn-around time frame (from submission of all docs to receipt of DQ status).

Perhaps, the turn-around time frame may go down slowly as NVC offices begins welcoming back their workers to the office. Please keep mind that even if NVC completes your case, they cannot issue a definitive appointment date (if any) because of President Trump's immigration ban (if it applies to you). Lastly, not all cases are treated equally, despite being filed on the same day as other cases.

It's a waiting game my friend; your best option is to monitor the "Current case review time" here as others have posted already: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

Thanks for your kind words @vincentlina . I am aware of the timeframe web page, according to the nvc time frame they are still working on documents submitted as at 14th februrary. I am just hoping that they may review my document in a week or 2, lets see how it goes. I am afraid if they dont see my documents with in documents, then my case may get expired. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.