JayDGODITRUST

June 2020 I-751 filers

1,349 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, doggieandsam said:

hahahaha nope, it's stated on the uscis website: "When you send a payment, you agree to pay for a government service. Filing and biometric service fees are final and non-refundable, regardless of any action we take on your application, petition, or request, or if you withdraw your request." also read a post on here from folks who received biometrics waiver notices about the fee not being refunded.  

Ha! 

I KNEW IT!!

So,  everyone talking about USCIS waiving the barometric interview got me thinking. 

Is there any evidence that USCIS is waiving I-751 interviews altogether?  I thought  recall this White House saying at one point everyone gets interviewed but did covid change that?

I am sure this is a hot topic around here these days but I just don't know. Thanks for any responses to this. 

1 hour ago, cazzz84 said:

Just a quick question:

I checked my account and my check was cashed today but no text message yet with receipt number. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to receive the text after the fee being taken? Thanks!

Probably tomorrow or friday you'll get a message it also could be early in the morning too 😃

10 minutes ago, JayDGODITRUST said:

Probably tomorrow or friday you'll get a message it also could be early in the morning too 😃

Thank you! I’ll wait with baited breath 😂

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
20 minutes ago, thatsmygsp said:

So,  everyone talking about USCIS waiving the barometric interview got me thinking. 

Is there any evidence that USCIS is waiving I-751 interviews altogether?  I thought  recall this White House saying at one point everyone gets interviewed but did covid change that?

I am sure this is a hot topic around here these days but I just don't know. Thanks for any responses to this. 

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-revises-interview-waiver-guidance-form-i-751#:~:text=Generally%2C USCIS officers must interview,unless the interview is waived.&text=There are no complex facts,require an interview to resolve.

CR1 visa people for sure will get interviewed now because the principal petitioner was never interviewed, for others who got it through AOS (CR6) it will be waived only if their case is deemed very strong on those 4 factors mentioned on the memo , 

My interpretation crux is that as per earlier Bush era memo of 2005 it was rare to be interviewed, and u were interviewed only when u had very less evidence or inconclusive evidence, but now the bar has been "raised" and officer has to be convinced that the 4 points in the new memo are met. 

ROC Timeline

June 15, 2020: Sent package through USPS

June 18, 2020: Delivered to Arizona PO box

June 23, 2020: Credit Card Debited

June 24, 2020: E notification for case (LIN-Receipt) 

July  15, 2020: Case was updated to show that fingerprints were taken

July 16, 2020 : Official NOA letter dated July 1 was received  

July 20, 2020 : Official fingerprint taken notice dated July 15 was received

March 05, 2021: Status updated to "Card in Production"

March 06, 2021: Status updated to I-751 Approved

9 minutes ago, sebastianshaw said:

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-revises-interview-waiver-guidance-form-i-751#:~:text=Generally%2C USCIS officers must interview,unless the interview is waived.&text=There are no complex facts,require an interview to resolve.

CR1 visa people for sure will get interviewed now because the principal petitioner was never interviewed, for others who got it through AOS (CR6) it will be waived only if their case is deemed very strong on those 4 factors mentioned on the memo , 

My interpretation crux is that as per earlier Bush era memo of 2005 it was rare to be interviewed, and u were interviewed only when u had very less evidence or inconclusive evidence, but now the bar has been "raised" and officer has to be convinced that the 4 points in the new memo are met. 

Got it.

So basically, COVID changed nothing (formally) regarding who gets interviewed for I-751. That being said, I hope they are secretly lowering the bar at least a little. 

We did K1 and had a joint interview 2 years ago, and I think/hope we meet the criteria to have this AOS interview waived. 

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, thatsmygsp said:

Got it.

So basically, COVID changed nothing (formally) regarding who gets interviewed for I-751. That being said, I hope they are secretly lowering the bar at least a little. 

We did K1 and had a joint interview 2 years ago, and I think/hope we meet the criteria to have this AOS interview waived. 

Thanks! 

We went to the AOS interview together, but the IO said he didn’t need to talk to me (I’m the USC). Talked to my husband for 5 minutes and we went home scared we would be denied because the interview was so short. I’m hoping this time they don’t need to talk to either of us. Who knows what will actually happen 😂

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I'm curious to know if any of you received a letter from USCIS as a "reminder" to Remove Conditions. I haven't and my window to apply opens up in 5 days.

MY JOURNEY INTO GETTING A FIRST-TIME GREEN CARD, RENEWING A GREEN CARD, AND OBTAINING U.S. CITIZENSHIP:

I-130: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/08/23/my-spouse-visa-process-and-timeline-ir1-cr1/ From Colombia 🇨🇴

I-751: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2020/09/12/i-751-joint-petition-to-remove-conditions-on-residence/From Japan 🇯🇵 (Military spouse overseas)

N-400: https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/2022/08/03/3430/ From Japan 🇯🇵 

BLOG:  https://vsjourneyss.wordpress.com/inmigr/   

5 hours ago, valentinasc said:

I'm curious to know if any of you received a letter from USCIS as a "reminder" to Remove Conditions. I haven't and my window to apply opens up in 5 days.

We didn’t. But, we moved since the AOS, and Even though we updated our address online, I wonder whether it was sent to our previous address. Our mail carrier is also notorious for putting mail in the wrong box 🙄

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 hours ago, valentinasc said:

No, I didn't received anything. 

6 hours ago, valentinasc said:

No i didn’t receive any at all

some People did though

Edited by JayDGODITRUST

Timeline
8 hours ago, valentinasc said:

Nope. We also moved last year and even though did a timely address change with USICS, i also wonder if not receiving it was anything to do with it. 

Now that i have sent the ROC package and the waiting for USCIS has begun yet again, i am reminded again how torturous this journey is (sigh) 

ROC Timeline

8 hours ago, valentinasc said:

i received one. iirc got it at the end of April, exactly a month before my window opened. 

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Timeline

got an alert from USPS that it was delivered earlier today. Hopefully next steps will follow soon 😵

ROC Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.