1,455 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, rohjas said:

Dude this is really crazy. I had no clue uscis is delaying expedited request like that too. Even with a job offer. This is an eye opener. Is your case at NBC? Did you try reaching out to Congressman and ombudsman? 

It is disappointing. Yes, at NBC. I've seen that recent efforts by other applicants through congressmen just receiving template responses from USCIS so I did not waste time on that. No, I have not tried ombudsman. 

2 minutes ago, RayCal said:

It is disappointing. Yes, at NBC. I've seen that recent efforts by other applicants through congressmen just receiving template responses from USCIS so I did not waste time on that. No, I have not tried ombudsman. 

Dude thank you so much for the information. I’m really sorry to hear about this. Losing a job offer due to lack of ead is really frustrating. I’m worried now really. I can’t afford to lose my offer. 

On 12/5/2020 at 5:25 PM, RayCal said:

If you checked the YES box on question 14 of your I-765 (EAD) application.

image.png.e25aeaec4529138ba9ff349910b1ea90.png

We did :)

BTW, anyone knows how to get medical insurance without SSN? It's crazy, I'm a nurse working at a hospital and my employer would cover my husband but only with SSN. We called USCIS and explained the situation, asking about a temporary SSN only for purpose of getting my husband a health insurance, but nope... so much for the appreciation of the Covid first responders, thank you not USCIS.... 

Edited by akma
misspelling

1 hour ago, akma said:

BTW, anyone knows how to get medical insurance without SSN? It's crazy, I'm a nurse working at a hospital and my employer would cover my husband but only with SSN. We called USCIS and explained the situation, asking about a temporary SSN only for purpose of getting my husband a health insurance, but nope... so much for the appreciation of the Covid first responders, thank you not USCIS.... 

I had the same problem. Someone gave this link: https://www.irs.gov/affordable-care-act/questions-and-answers-about-reporting-social-security-numbers-to-your-health-insurance-company

However, when we sent that to HR, she still didn't accept us. The only reason why we were able to get me on to his insurance was they changed companies and allowed self-enrollment. My husband put in zeroes as my SSN on the field and successfully enrolled me. Prior to that, we called Cigna and they confirmed that they do not need SSN. It was the HR who insists that we provide them one. 

I-751

July 25, 2023 - Submitted ROC via USPS 

July 31, 2023 - Credit card charged

Aug 1, 2023 - Text confirmation with IOE number received

Aug 14, 2023 - 48-month extension letter received

Aug 23, 2023 - Biometrics appointment at Brooklyn ASC

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

July 27, 2020 - USCIS online status: Case received

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Mar 3, 2021 - Combo card received | Mar. 5, 2021 - SSN card received

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

Oct 5, 2021 - Scheduled interview | Oct 6, 2021 - Approved

On 12/7/2020 at 8:05 AM, AC&MH said:

I've stopped checking in so much because its a huge disappointment every time I see more and more people being lucky enough to proceed on with their lives.  Good for all of you...

We are not so fortunate...no progress...and no avenues available to get anything done...

After all we went through to get this far it is tragic what has happened l.  At some point we are going to have to consider leaving the US entirely and just going back to Thailand.  We cannot continue to wait and have my wife unemployed and unable to travel to see her family indefinitely.

This entire process is torture...

We're also considering just moving back to Northern Europe. As the USC sponsor it's embarrassing what a mess this whole situation is turning out to be.

Ironically, I warned my spouse about US bureaucracy prior to moving over, but maybe after living abroad for so long I myself forgot how bad it could be. SSN name printed wrong, DMV can't issue a state ID or driver's license without EAD, can't work, can't go to school, radio silence from the USCIS, the troubles are endless.

Edited by SteinSteph

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Ela S. said:

Finally some good news! Still no word on the Combo Card though. Still shows Fingerprints were taken. My biometrics appointment was on December 3rd! 

32104B1C-C208-406F-B4FF-8B9AD5B1FF3D.jpeg

Congratulations!!! That's very exciting news!

Timeline

Hello!  Has anyone traveled with their EAD/AP combo card.  We want to plan a last minute get away for the Christmas holiday.  We are thinking of one of the US Virgin islands or PR to be on the safe side but i'm still abit nervous about traveling with it.  Any advice?  Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Brklyn Belle said:

Hello!  Has anyone traveled with their EAD/AP combo card.  We want to plan a last minute get away for the Christmas holiday.  We are thinking of one of the US Virgin islands or PR to be on the safe side but i'm still a bit nervous about traveling with it.  Any advice?  Thanks!

You should be fine with the combo card, especially being PR or the US Virgin Island that I think you can just travel there with a DL.. but well, nowadays with COVID-19 you cannot predict what might happen! 

Edited by juancarlos

On 12/2/2020 at 2:40 PM, Kadilola said:

Case is Ready to be Scheduled for An Interview.

PD: 06/30

Bio: 12/01  (Wichita, KS)   My Bio App. form was updated from CODE 2 to CODE 3 at the ASC by an officer 1 hour before my scheduled time,  but 131 still not showing fingerprints taken even though I took all  10 fingers.

Its moving guys, hoping for quick actions for everyone here.  Location and CIS competence is a major factor for how quick you get responses. Stay hopeful

Thanks

On 12/8/2020 at 6:41 AM, akma said:

We did :)

Hmm...I'm on my husband's insurance without SSN. He just told HR that I can't get one right now. Somehow they were able to enroll me anyway. I hope you can find a way! That's frustrating

Edited by KAP2019

March 2019: Married, Filed I-130 in April 2019

AOS: Filed June 10, 2020, Received June 13, 2020, Cheque cashed July 16

(I-130 approved in Oct 2019 because we were originally doing consular CR-1 processing)
NOAs July 24 (dated July 17) 2020
Biometrics Jan 7, 2021 (notice dated Dec 12, received Dec 22)
Case updated to 'Interview Scheduled' (Jan 19, 2021, received letter Jan 25)

February 24! Interview! New Card being produced!

Feb 25, 2021: Case approved.

March 1, 2021: Card was mailed

March 4, 2021: Green Card Received! 🥳

March 25, 2021: SSN Application
March 29, 2021: Received SSN
Dec 5, 2022: I-751 ROC Delivered to Lockbox

Just wanna update you guys ;

NOA: 6/13 

On 11/30 i have done the biometrics, Code was 2 and was changed to Code 3 at the ASC.

I-485 & I-765 : update to fingerprints taken same day.

12/1: I-485 ready to be scheduled an interview.

12/9: Interview scheduled and notice mailed.

Hoping everything will go as smooth as it has been for the last 2 weeks and wish everyone of you out there a swift and successful processing for your cases. Keep up the faith!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 12/8/2020 at 7:38 PM, IMB said:

Hi, I've never shared on here but have been keeping up with all posts always hoping to hear about progress for June filers. I want to share my good news from today!!. My case finally changed from "ready to schedule" to "interview was scheduled" online!! My field office is Phoenix, AZ. My timeline: initially filed 5/17/20 but application was rejected and returned for missing a form, filed complete application 6/19/20 and was accepted, 6/29/20 fingerprint fee was accepted, biometrics were on 8/12/20, ready to schedule on 8/17/20, and today 12/8/20 my case now says interview scheduled. Now just going to be checking the mail daily and will be anxiously awaiting my interview. Hope everyone else hears some good news soon!! 

Hey congrats! That's awesome!! My case has been ready to be scheduled for interview since mid August, too, and I've been impatiently waiting for an interview date. Glad to see some progress, though I am sure it mostly depends on the local field office and I am in San Diego. Let us know your interview date once you get your notice. I'd be interested to see how far out they are sending the notices.

Congrats to everyone else who's making progress, and fingers crossed for everyone who is waiting. It's a long and frustrating process, that's for sure.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.