1,455 posts in this topic

Just did biometrics in Lawrence. Seemed like a one woman operation. She was checking people in and once she had 4 of us, started calling us in one at a time for picture and prints. 

Seemed like a very quiet ASC.

6 months of waiting for a 30 second appointment. And now we wait some more... :)

March 2019: Married, Filed I-130 in April 2019

AOS: Filed June 10, 2020, Received June 13, 2020, Cheque cashed July 16

(I-130 approved in Oct 2019 because we were originally doing consular CR-1 processing)
NOAs July 24 (dated July 17) 2020
Biometrics Jan 7, 2021 (notice dated Dec 12, received Dec 22)
Case updated to 'Interview Scheduled' (Jan 19, 2021, received letter Jan 25)

February 24! Interview! New Card being produced!

Feb 25, 2021: Case approved.

March 1, 2021: Card was mailed

March 4, 2021: Green Card Received! 🥳

March 25, 2021: SSN Application
March 29, 2021: Received SSN
Dec 5, 2022: I-751 ROC Delivered to Lockbox

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
33 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Do you have an update on the SSN appointment on November 17?

If you received it, can you share how you did it to the following August AOS filer?

It got rejected due to my K-1 visa being expired. I have an appointment next Monday actually to apply for an SSN again since I got my combo card this Monday and got a job with a start date on January 19th

19 minutes ago, Ela S. said:

I have an appointment next Monday actually to apply for an SSN again since I got my combo card this Monday and got a job with a start date on January 19th

It's also possible that USCIS has forwarded your SSN request from I-765 to SSA. If so, SSA may already have a Numident record on file. Either way, when you go in-person ask if they can give you a print-out with the SSN while you wait for the SSN card (since it's always mailed). Also, you can begin employment without knowing your SSN. In that case, on I-9 form you would leave SSN field blank. In the case of E-verify, the employer can select "Awaiting Social Security number." https://www.e-verify.gov/faq/my-employee-applied-for-a-social-security-number-ssn-but-has-not-yet-received-it-what-should-i

Also: https://www.twc.texas.gov/news/efte/employees_without_ssns.html "It is certainly legal to hire someone who is authorized to work in this country, but who does not have a social security number or who chooses not to disclose it."

See JFH's experience with working without SSN:

Also a note that you are eligible for both stimulus rebates since you are a resident alien for tax purposes and you'll have a SSN at tax filing: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-dft/i1040gi--dft.pdf "Generally, you are eligible to claim the recovery rebate credit if in 2020 you were a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien, weren't a dependent of another taxpayer, and have a valid social security number. This includes someone who died in 2020, if you are preparing a return for that person."

You are resident alien for tax purposes because of substantial presence test: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/substantial-presence-test

Edited by HRQX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

some unexpected updates today ! my case status changed to "interview scheduled", biometric were taken on December 3rd FYI.
No updates on the work or travel permit though, at this point I guess I will receive the green card before the work and travel permit .. weird but that's how it is ! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Does anyone know  what the wait time is around after biometric appointment and getting the ead card ! Case received June 3 

biometric appointment dec 17 in Philadelphia 

thank you in advance just looking for a guess thank you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

In Northern Virginia that status going to be that way for almost a year until you get scheduled for an interview. Right now they are scheduling those who filed at the beginning of 2020.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/6/2021 at 8:10 PM, Trese said:

Still no biometrics up to now. 06/15 PD, Seattle ASC. I have already lost hope for this process. 😭

The same thing here no biometrics yet. I applied on June 23. So sad. 😞

Anyone from Orlando here ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi! I see a lot of people getting approved for EAD expediting their cases, I have 2 questions about this:

1. When you expedite your EAD it also helps to receive the Advance parole faster? assuming they approve combo card

2. Does anybody know what PD is being processed for EAD in NBC? (without expediting)

I'm a July filer , did biometrics already (december) and I have a possible job offer for February so I'm looking forward to receive my EAD within this month or the beginning of next one. The possible employer is not willing to provide an offer without my EAD being approved first.

Thanks

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
6 minutes ago, CanadianTank said:

For anyone who's service center is the NBC, have you received your EAD/AP yet?  My PD is June 18 and had my bios done on Aug 20th.  I'm still waiting for any word about some forward progression with my case. 

My RD is June 19th. Still waiting for EAD/AP. However my I485 is transferred to local FO in Mid Nov. EAD/AP still processing at NBC. Bio done on Aug 5th.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, CanadianTank said:

For anyone who's service center is the NBC, have you received your EAD/AP yet?  My PD is June 18 and had my bios done on Aug 20th.  I'm still waiting for any word about some forward progression with my case. 

Forms were received at NBC on June 5th. Bios were done 8/6. Requested expedite 10/22 based on job offer. Submitted beyond processing time inquiry on 12/22. Contacted Congressman on 12/29. Job offer expired on 1/11/21. Submitted another case inquiry last week. STILL NO EAD/AP!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.