1,455 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 11/14/2020 at 9:02 AM, Lisa Pr said:

I contacted them on Emma , asked to be put through a Tier 2 agent because my i131 was outside of normal processing time and I want to have more information regarding my biometric appointment. They told me an agent would call me back within 7 days, 7 days later someone called , put an expedite request for my i131 which was denied the next day but couple days after that I received my biometric appointment notice stating that I requested an expedite but that my case is on hold until they receive my biometric and so they gave me an appointment finally.. 

What reason did they ask you while putting in the Expedite request ? I had done the same thing yesterday and I gave the financial loss as the reason to punch in the system.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, JACKP said:

What reason did they ask you while putting in the Expedite request ? I had done the same thing yesterday and I gave the financial loss as the reason to punch in the system.

The expedite for the i131it's because I have a family member really sick and wanted to visit (I could even provide documents for proof) but it was denied saying they need my biometrics in order to process my case .. and sent me appointment for biometrics in the mail a day after , interestingly 3 days later I received another letter for biometric appointment (for the same date) ..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just finished live chat with an agent. I can't believe that there are no updates either on the expedite request or the combo card itself. She even asked if I sent them a copy of the job offer for the expedite. I faxed a copy on 11/2 and mailed another copy with tracking which was received on 11/4. At least she scheduled a Tier 2 officer to call me in the next 7 days and issued a service number. Just as a reminder; I filed on 6/5 and biometrics was completed on 8/6. The stressful part is I need to accept the job offer by 12/11. I really need an update on approval so I can sign the offer and send back!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, RayCal said:

I just finished live chat with an agent. I can't believe that there are no updates either on the expedite request or the combo card itself. She even asked if I sent them a copy of the job offer for the expedite. I faxed a copy on 11/2 and mailed another copy with tracking which was received on 11/4. At least she scheduled a Tier 2 officer to call me in the next 7 days and issued a service number. Just as a reminder; I filed on 6/5 and biometrics was completed on 8/6. The stressful part is I need to accept the job offer by 12/11. I really need an update on approval so I can sign the offer and send back!

Hi,

I just submitted a request to expedite as I have a job offer as well.  The live agent was asking if I had any other evidence (for "personal financial loss" category).  I only have my job offer letter.  The financial loss is that I haven't worked for 12 months!  (but there's no "evidence" as such)  And there is potential loss if I need to use health services in this country.  (but again, this is only a potential loss, and hence no evidence)

Do you know if the offer letter is enough?

Timeline
40 minutes ago, RG3000 said:

Hi,

I just submitted a request to expedite as I have a job offer as well.  The live agent was asking if I had any other evidence (for "personal financial loss" category).  I only have my job offer letter.  The financial loss is that I haven't worked for 12 months!  (but there's no "evidence" as such)  And there is potential loss if I need to use health services in this country.  (but again, this is only a potential loss, and hence no evidence)

Do you know if the offer letter is enough?

They only asked me for the formal job offer. I positioned my request on "potential severe financial loss"; job offers can be few and far between due to the current high unemployment rate. It will not be easy to find other job openings. Hopefully the Tier 2 officer does not ask for more when he/she calls. 

On 11/18/2020 at 9:54 AM, RayCal said:

This is extremely slow... My PD is May 29th and I just had my bio on 10/26. I am also waiting for EAD to start working. I had an offer in August and my employer is still waiting! I submitted an expedite request on 9/21 but was told I needed bio, so 11/2 I submitted expedite request again and I have heard nothing since then. They did not even ask for job offer or any other evidence. It's just nothing. I have waited 5 months to get bio and now I don't know how much longer I need to wait to get EAD...so hopeless

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Lenanami said:

This is extremely slow... My PD is May 29th and I just had my bio on 10/26. I am also waiting for EAD to start working. I had an offer in August and my employer is still waiting! I submitted an expedite request on 9/21 but was told I needed bio, so 11/2 I submitted expedite request again and I have heard nothing since then. They did not even ask for job offer or any other evidence. It's just nothing. I have waited 5 months to get bio and now I don't know how much longer I need to wait to get EAD...so hopeless

I can imagine your frustration. You filed before me and I've seen applicants that filed before you still waiting for bio. It is just exasperating as the sense of urgency is very REAL to us. Hang in there and hoping you see progress soon!

Timeline

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my recent experiences... I received an email that my biometrics appointment letter was on its way.  The letter never came.  Since the letter doesn't have any tracking USPS weren't able to help find it.  When I called USCIS to request a new letter, the tier1 agent told it's unlikely that it will arrive in time for my appointment.  Also, since I had a pending service request (regarding something else), she could NOT request the letter to be resent anyway.  (I/She would have to wait till the 30 days had elapsed before raising the "mail not received" request!)

So with all avenues looking useless, I decided to go to the local USCIS Field Office in NYC Federal Plaza.  I explained my situation and the manager at the FO was kind enough to print out for me on the spot.

So, if anyone else has letters lost in the mail, maybe you can try going to your local FO as well.  (Sorry if you already knew all this - I didn't).

Also, in the Biometrics email (mentioned above), it said to go to my online account and there should be a "Documents" tab where I can get the letter and print it out for myself.  This tab doesn't exist for me.  (I've refreshed my cache, tried different browsers, etc.)

Today, I received an email response from USCIS re. this issue.  It stated that if the application has not been filed electronically, then the letter will not appear on the online portal.  The "Documents" tab only appears for those who filed electronically.  (mystery solved I guess... 😐)

I dont know if I can trust the information in the email or not - especially since each agent has given me different info.  So this could also be misinformation!

Hope the above helps someone out there.

Take care folks.  Wishing everyone the best and a fast process to EAD, SSN, AP, GC....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Case received June24th (originally submitted Jun 2nd but was rejected). Got the biometrics appt letter today. Scheduled for 12/10. Local office is San Antonio, TX. Going to try a walk-in on wednesday 25th and see what happens... Anybody else from San Antonio?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 11/11/2020 at 9:06 PM, Beruang101 said:

I put in a request for outside normal processing times and my wife got an email saying they are awaiting her appearance for a biometric appointment and our case is on hold until she shows up. It says they have entered her name into a system that schedules appointments. Just wondering if this is what’s supposed to happen and how long does it usually take to have the biometrics appointment ?? When we check our case status it says for the I-485 they received our rfe but no other update and I-131 and I-765 that they were received. Will the case status change soon too? I just don’t want the email we got to give us false hope. Any suggestions how to speed up the process to schedule an appointment?

thanks !! 

I received the same response basically saying the case is on hold until biometrics re completed and that the case has been placed into the system that schedules appointments but nothing else since then. 

My current Timeline:

June 9, 2020 - Form I-130 filed electronically through USCIS.gov

June 10, 2020 - Form I-130 Accepted

June 11, 2020 - Form I-130 I-797 PDF available for download with priority date of June 9, 2020

June 16, 2020 - Mailed I-485 packet* along with I-131 and I-765

June 18, 2020 - USPS confirms packet delivered

July 20, 2020 - Credit Card charged

July 27, 2020 - I-797 letters received for I-485, I-765, and I-131 with a received date of June 18, 2020

August 10, 2020 - Notice of RFE for I-485 mailed. 

August 13, 2020 -  Red RFE notice received via mail. Notice requested proof of residence for 864A sponsor. 

August 13, 2020 - Mailed RFE response to USCIS**

August 17, 2020 - USPS confirms that RFE response was delivered

August 18, 2020 - USCIS Notification confirming receipt of response for RFE

September 24, 2020 - Received I-693 Deficiency Notice

January 19, 2021 - Form I-130 Approved and notice sent to beneficiary with notice available immediately online

January 22, 2021 - Form I-130 Approval Notice received by mail

January 29, 2021 - Biometrics notice received for the I-485 and I-765 dated for February 17. 2020 at 1pm

February 17, 2021 - Code 3 Biometrics taken for I-485 and I-765. Case updated to show biometrics applied to both I-485 and I-765 the same night. 

February 18, 2021 - I-485 case status changed to "Ready to be scheduled for interview" 

April 19, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "New Card is Being Produced"

April 20, 2021 - I-765 and I-131 case status changed to "Case was approved"  

April 22, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

April 23, 2021 - Approval notices received for I-131 and I-765 via mail

April 23, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service" with a delivery date set to Monday, April 26, 2021, by 9:00 PM

April 26, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office" and card picked up in mail box

April 29, 2021 - Visit to Social Security Administration for SSN Card

May 4, 2021 - SSN Card arrives in the mail 

December 20, 2021 - Send I-765 and I-131 Renewal via FedEx

December 22, 2021 - I-765 and I-131 Renewal received in Chicago

December 30, 2021 - I-797 notice received for I-765 and I-131

May 24, 2022 - AOS Interview Sacramento

May 26, 2022 - Status updated to "New Card is being produced" Green Card Approved. 

*Packet was mailed without I-693 medical. Will wait for an RFE and take it to the interview. Also, tax transcripts were not available at the time so copies of the tax returns were sent and a cover letter explaining why. 

**Included tax transcripts in RFE response since I was now able to gain access since sending the application. 

On 11/20/2020 at 7:36 PM, mlong1397 said:

Case received June24th (originally submitted Jun 2nd but was rejected). Got the biometrics appt letter today. Scheduled for 12/10. Local office is San Antonio, TX. Going to try a walk-in on wednesday 25th and see what happens... Anybody else from San Antonio?

Our case was received June 5, but still no biometrics appointment scheduled :( 

we’re in Washington state. I guess the current president has been doing his best to stall and delay all immigration cases, let’s hope things will start moving early next year. 

On 11/9/2020 at 10:05 AM, bradoony said:

I was also scheduled for code 2 but I asked for code 3 and the lady who was taking my fingerprints said that it supposed to be 3 anyway but just the computer generates the letter and they do mistakes . Just be nice and let them know that you have been told from USCIS that you need code 3 so you do not need to go again. I think for I-765 and I- 131 its the same. Good luck.  

Thanks for letting us know. I received my biometric appointment letter today and it said 'Code 2'. I will ask for 'Code 3' when I go for my appointment.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello,

I just wanted to share my timeline in case it helps someone.

Sent the AOS application packet - 6/15/2020

NOAs received - 6/26/2020

Biometrics appointment - 8/28/2020

Expedite request for EAD/AP - 9/14/2020

Email asking for proof of severe financial loss - 9/18/2020

Faxed my job offer letter + a proclamation signed by the President (related to my research) - 9/24/2020

Expedite request approved - 9/25/2020

EAD card mailed - 10/1/2020

EAD card received - 10/3/2020

Case is ready to be scheduled an interview - 10/19/2020

Interview is scheduled on 11/24/2020

New card is being produced - 11/24/2020

As for the EAD expedite request, I just put in a request over Emma based on severe financial loss. Most people with a pending job offer are approved for expedition of their EAD based on my experience. I hope this was helpful for some of you guys.

Timeline
28 minutes ago, waiver is coming said:

Hello,

I just wanted to share my timeline in case it helps someone.

Sent the AOS application packet - 6/15/2020

NOAs received - 6/26/2020

Biometrics appointment - 8/28/2020

Expedite request for EAD/AP - 9/14/2020

Email asking for proof of severe financial loss - 9/18/2020

Faxed my job offer letter + a proclamation signed by the President (related to my research) - 9/24/2020

Expedite request approved - 9/25/2020

EAD card mailed - 10/1/2020

EAD card received - 10/3/2020

Case is ready to be scheduled an interview - 10/19/2020

Interview is scheduled on 11/24/2020

New card is being produced - 11/24/2020

As for the EAD expedite request, I just put in a request over Emma based on severe financial loss. Most people with a pending job offer are approved for expedition of their EAD based on my experience. I hope this was helpful for some of you guys.

Did you get your SSN when you got the EAD?

I've read some ppl having delays getting the SSN.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 minute ago, RG3000 said:

Did you get your SSN when you got the EAD?

I've read some ppl having delays getting the SSN.

I already had my SSN so did not apply for it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.