1,455 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, akma said:

Yes, we’re still waiting, our packet was received June 5, we contacted USCIS multiple times since October and still nothing. 
I’m seeing people on CR, F or H visas getting biometrics. 
Maybe let’s ask this: June filers with K (fiancé) visas living in Democratic states, have you gotten your biometrics appointment yet? 

Yes. I've had my combo card since November. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
3 hours ago, xoom74 said:

Did anyone from June AOS date, get SSN card after getting Combo EAD card? Normally how long does it take get SSN after EAD card approval?

Hi,

I received my SSN about 10 days after receiving combo card.

I selected "Yes" in the I-765 application to receiving a new SSN. 

I had read here, in VJ, that the inter-agency processes (USCIS>SSA) don't always work.  So, just because we check that box in the I-765 doesn't mean a guaranteed SSN.

So, after reading that, after I received the combo card I rang SSA (see their contact us page for ph #) - just to check that they have received my details for a new SSN. 

You might want to try the same to make sure your SSN is on its way.

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
22 hours ago, London88 said:

Literally crying with frustration. FINALLY receive my biometrics appointment notice today and it is for the service center for my old address in New Jersey. I moved from New Jersey to Florida at the end of October, submitted my change of address. Got email confirmation from USCIS that it had gone through and even double checked it with a Tier 2 at the start of November who confirmed that my new address was in the system. 

Spoke to a a Tier 1 just now and they said my options are to go to the current appointment, or to reschedule, but if I reschedule I go back into the system and a new appointment would be at the discretion of the new field office. Requested a call back from a tier 2 officer to see if there is anything that they can do, but already resigned to the fact that I'm probably going to have to be fly to New Jersey for my appointment. 

There really is no end to the ineptitude of USCIS. 

One thing to add here: for anyone that is stuck waiting for biometrics and hasn't contacted their local congress representative, I would definitely recommend that you do. I just received an email from my congresswoman who attached a response from USCIS dated the 16th Dec, telling them that they had just scheduled my biometrics exam and that I should expect to receive it soon. 

This might be a coincidence, but seems strange that after hearing nothing from USCIS for 6 months, 2 weeks after me writing to my congresswoman all of a sudden my biometrics appointment letter arrives in the mail I have a feeling it helped nudge them along, so it's worth trying. That said the appointment is for the completely wrong state, so maybe it nudged them into rushing an incorrect appointment letter out lol.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Case received June 3rd 

finally got bio metrics appt in Philadelphia dec 17 for I 765 

any one have an idea how long it takes to get your work card after bio metrics 

even a ball park guess ! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
3 hours ago, London88 said:

One thing to add here: for anyone that is stuck waiting for biometrics and hasn't contacted their local congress representative, I would definitely recommend that you do. I just received an email from my congresswoman who attached a response from USCIS dated the 16th Dec, telling them that they had just scheduled my biometrics exam and that I should expect to receive it soon. 

This might be a coincidence, but seems strange that after hearing nothing from USCIS for 6 months, 2 weeks after me writing to my congresswoman all of a sudden my biometrics appointment letter arrives in the mail I have a feeling it helped nudge them along, so it's worth trying. That said the appointment is for the completely wrong state, so maybe it nudged them into rushing an incorrect appointment letter out lol.

Same thing happened to us (without the incorrect info part)

Good day!

Just a quick question. I recently received a biometrics appointment letter for I-485 and I-765 again stating that the FBI cannot process my fingerprint card. The weird part is that I already got my EAD Combo card last October. What might this mean? Could this be an error?

Processing Center: NBC

Timeline:

June 15, 2020- PD

August 26,2020- Biometrics taken (ASC-Los Angeles)

October 18,2020-EAD Combo card approved

October 25, 2020- Card received

October 29, 2020- SS Card received

20 hours ago, Goshlook said:

Any filers from June STILL waiting for biometrics? We're still waiting here, multiple inquiries later, with no word from the USCIS.

I do. Receipt date June 5, Lee Summit, MO office 

22 hours ago, Ela S. said:

In the process of expediting my EAD! I got an offer so I spoke to an agent through Emma and she put in the request on 12/16. When I woke up this morning I had an update status email from USCIS saying they received the request and my status updated on Case Tracker to ‘Expedite Request Received’. She said I would hear back from them within 5 days. I suppose they’ll ask for proof (offer letter) on the next step. Fingers crossed! Hoping to start the new year with my combo card in hand.

That's good! I'm in the process of expediting my EAD too. I received an email and they asked to fax proof of a pending job offer. I'll do that with a cover letter. 

21 hours ago, xoom74 said:

Did anyone from June AOS date, get SSN card after getting Combo EAD card? Normally how long does it take get SSN after EAD card approval?

We received my husband's SSN card the same day he received the Combo EAD in the mail.

14 hours ago, Adrian98 said:

Just a quick question. I recently received a biometrics appointment letter for I-485 and I-765 again stating that the FBI cannot process my fingerprint card. The weird part is that I already got my EAD Combo card last October. What might this mean? Could this be an error?

This is making me nervous. When I was doing my prints yesterday, 4 out of 5 got errors and after 15 minutes of trying, she just said, "hopefully they will be able to read them" 😅

Did you ask them to include I-131 as well or you got a separate appointment for it?

I-751

July 25, 2023 - Submitted ROC via USPS 

July 31, 2023 - Credit card charged

Aug 1, 2023 - Text confirmation with IOE number received

Aug 14, 2023 - 48-month extension letter received

Aug 23, 2023 - Biometrics appointment at Brooklyn ASC

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

July 27, 2020 - USCIS online status: Case received

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Mar 3, 2021 - Combo card received | Mar. 5, 2021 - SSN card received

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

Oct 5, 2021 - Scheduled interview | Oct 6, 2021 - Approved

1 hour ago, Celebi said:

This is making me nervous. When I was doing my prints yesterday, 4 out of 5 got errors and after 15 minutes of trying, she just said, "hopefully they will be able to read them" 😅

Did you ask them to include I-131 as well or you got a separate appointment for it?

Yes! It was already included. This will be my 2nd biometrics appointment. Hopefully everything will be great this time around :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 12/18/2020 at 11:49 AM, xoom74 said:

I called my local SSA and got an appt. It took approximately 20mins for the agent to update my details then I waited approximately 10 days for the new card with change of name etc.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
15 hours ago, dayglan said:

That's good! I'm in the process of expediting my EAD too. I received an email and they asked to fax proof of a pending job offer. I'll do that with a cover letter. 

Congrats! You’re almost there. May I ask how long it took for them to send you the email asking for proof after you requested the expedite?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.