1,455 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

It's great to 

36 minutes ago, KAP2019 said:

Sorry for so many posts today. Anyone know why I can't update my NOA date on my timeline? It says something about it can only be max 8 weeks since originally filing? Pretty sure 2020-06-15 to 2020-07-17 is fine...

Bug? Someone else posted a similar issue for the tracker, too.... I wonder if it's client-side javascript validation? If so, perhaps you can disable that and enter it, anyway... You can report your issue at: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/2-post-bugs-here/page/88/#comments

It's great to see people getting biometrics notices.  We got our response to RFIE to the NBC on Monday. On Wednesday at 9 AM CT, they updated the case status to show that it has been received. We  labeled our envelope in big letters "Response to RFIE (I-485)" and put a black&white photocopy (not original) of the two-page RFIE request on the top of the response., so I guess that could have hastened its intake. I'm expecting our overall application will be delayed three or four weeks due to receiving a RFIE, we'll see...

RFIE Timeline:

Date   (Days after I-485 delivery)
2020-06-29	26	I-485/I-131/I-765: Receipt notices sent via SMS (11:17PM CT)
2020-07-02	29	I-485/I-131/I-765: Receipt notices delivered via snail mail from Chicago (60603), with 
2020-07-07	34	I-485: eGov notification of RFIE at midnight. Date of RFIE. No notice on myUSCIS.
2020-07-11	38	I-485: Received RFIE by post, on yellow paper, two pages.
2020-07-17	44	I-485: RFIE Response posted via USPS flat rate priority mail
2020-07-20	47	I-485: RFIE Response delivered (to NBC)
2020-07-22	49	I-485: RFIE Response received notice (SMS/egov updated, 9:00 AM CT)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, Carl. said:

I got a letter saying I don't need to do another biometrics appointment as they still have them on file from last year, hoping that helps speed things along. 

When did you get your biometrics done? was it at your K-1 interview or did you have a different visa before filing K-1?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
15 hours ago, Ela S. said:

When did you get your biometrics done? was it at your K-1 interview or did you have a different visa before filing K-1?

From a previous AOS application. We filed Aug 2019 and had biometrics September 2019. I'm a k1 filer and my AOS got rejected in February this year so had to refile. 

Timeline
On 7/24/2020 at 2:37 PM, KAP2019 said:

Sorry for so many posts today. Anyone know why I can't update my NOA date on my timeline? It says something about it can only be max 8 weeks since originally filing? Pretty sure 2020-06-15 to 2020-07-17 is fine...

I'm having the same issue with my timeline. THere must be a glitch in the system.

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

I see lots of people have got their biometrics appointment in March, April and even May filers threads. It’s going to be us soon. Hopefully this week!!!

On 7/24/2020 at 12:42 AM, Shan181 said:

I got it this evening. However, the appointment is in August. May be there is lesser backlog in Connecticut 

Wow, that was really fast - And again proves the point of there is no rhyme or reason, lol!  We are in CT too - Our NOA was 7/12, and we haven't received the biometrics letter yet.  Crossing my fingers based on yours that it will come soon!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
Just now, Roxy&Ryan said:

Finally heard something!

Timeline:

AOS mailed (UPS) 6/5

AOS delivered 6/10

called, received rec # 7/27 (# assigned 7/22)

Case status is now saying 'finger print fee received'.

Thanks for the support all. one thing i can say - this process is a test of faith and patience.  I feel so much better now. I guess biometrics is next, if no RFE.  

Great news!!! Being patience is the key for this.

Congrats

AOS mailed: 6/14

AOS delivered 6/17

We filed the AOS package with a lawyer and we haven't received anything from USCIS yet.. No receipt notice, no cashed check. We're in california so I'm not sure if it's because California is slow right now... I called USCIS last week and spoke with live representative over chat today however they have nothing in the system for my husband. I emailed lockbox and no response. Hopefully they just haven't gotten to it yet.. the wait is absolutely dreadful though because it's been so long...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hang Nguyen said:

AOS delivered 6/17

We filed the AOS package with a lawyer and we haven't received anything from USCIS yet.. No receipt notice, no cashed check. We're in california so I'm not sure if it's because California is slow right now... I called USCIS last week and spoke with live representative over chat today however they have nothing in the system for my husband. I emailed lockbox and no response. Hopefully they just haven't gotten to it yet.. the wait is absolutely dreadful though because it's been so long...

HI, all is not lost, i wait for 47 days before i heard anything.It was just by chance i tracked the money order today and it was cashed so i called USCIS and they gave me a receipt number. No texts, no emails. it doesnt make sense i tell you dont stress over it because i did every single day until this morning. just keep the faith they will respond in their own time. Hang in there!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

2nd week has now passed after returning our rejected packet.  Same story...no news.

At this point I have zero faith this will be resolved successfully.

At some point it appears we will have to start over.  There is no end in sight.

We did everything  right...and simply due to bad luck we are basically in a place where we have no where to turn for help.

Edited by AC&MH

13 hours ago, Hang Nguyen said:

AOS delivered 6/17

Hopefully you'll see the cheque cashed or payment charged this week. 
You shouldn't be far behind us.

March 2019: Married, Filed I-130 in April 2019

AOS: Filed June 10, 2020, Received June 13, 2020, Cheque cashed July 16

(I-130 approved in Oct 2019 because we were originally doing consular CR-1 processing)
NOAs July 24 (dated July 17) 2020
Biometrics Jan 7, 2021 (notice dated Dec 12, received Dec 22)
Case updated to 'Interview Scheduled' (Jan 19, 2021, received letter Jan 25)

February 24! Interview! New Card being produced!

Feb 25, 2021: Case approved.

March 1, 2021: Card was mailed

March 4, 2021: Green Card Received! 🥳

March 25, 2021: SSN Application
March 29, 2021: Received SSN
Dec 5, 2022: I-751 ROC Delivered to Lockbox

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.