Captain Ewok

Post Bugs here!

1,448 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Today (April 1) I started getting pop ups on my iPad. It’s only on VJ. Has been on UK forum, my content,  and Uk posts which are all bookmarks. I get the page fine and can read awhile , but then it redirects to a new page.

This page https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bjQLvLlW

Edit:  Actually the My Content is not a bookmark, but I navigate there from my profile name drop down in the top right corner.

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline

Concerning above post. Today the VJ pages are redirected to

https://www.google.com

and supposed McAfee https://appcenter.macworld.space/esqmfcrd204/?utm_source=mdhara1&utm_pubid=ca39aa70-c021-4658-aa46-ab8f96e09a7e&x-context=w9vrulalucnt2k2u1ih0kl4h

Sometimes it’s not by bookmark. Typing visajourney.com to get to the website also has had issues. 

Any ideas?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 1 month later...

Whenever I enter the website and click on ANY thread, first thing I see is a full page ad. I have to go back and click again. 

Stops happening as long as I don't close the window. If I open a new window later, it happens again. 

It has been an ongoing thing for weeks now. 

I'm using a tablet running on Android.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
1 hour ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Whenever I enter the website and click on ANY thread, first thing I see is a full page ad. I have to go back and click again. 

Stops happening as long as I don't close the window. If I open a new window later, it happens again. 

It has been an ongoing thing for weeks now. 

I'm using a tablet running on Android.

Can you see what ad company this is from?  Is there an "X" in the upper right to close it (that's how Google does it)?

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

4 hours ago, Captain Ewok said:

Can you see what ad company this is from?  Is there an "X" in the upper right to close it (that's how Google does it)?

Yes, there is an "x" on the upper right. 

The ads tend to be like the ones embedded in the threads -immigration attorneys, etc.-.

Timeline
On 5/20/2020 at 8:10 PM, Allaboutwaiting said:

Yes, there is an "x" on the upper right. 

The ads tend to be like the ones embedded in the threads -immigration attorneys, etc.-.

Just dismiss it with the X if not interested. It should go away for a while.  It sounds like a a Google ad. 

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Captain Ewok said:

Just dismiss it with the X if not interested. It should go away for a while.  It sounds like a a Google ad. 

I have gotten the same things for about 3 days. The X takes care of it.  I use a bookmark to get to UK forum. This is the url copied from the ad confirming Google. Mine are always ads for —DIY Marriage Visas—

https://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=United Kingdom#google_vignette

16 hours ago, Captain Ewok said:

Thanks, hope they disappear for a LONG while.

17 hours ago, Captain Ewok said:

Update: it is indeed a Google ad, keeps appearing despite dismissing it and it just happens when I use this site.

Any idea why the country flags appear at the top of each person's post AND on their info on the left of their post? I have only seen this in the AOS forum so far.

4tkzzid.jpg

I went to get the link but the bug has now disappeared. Weird!

Timeline
33 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Any idea why the country flags appear at the top of each person's post AND on their info on the left of their post? I have only seen this in the AOS forum so far.

4tkzzid.jpg

I went to get the link but the bug has now disappeared. Weird!

It will clear up quickly.  We are trying to get these items added to mobile view only on the top.

• 1 month later...

Timeline entries are not allowing for long processing times, even if they're within 8 weeks:
image.png.10e2edba7ef8b18b4d19425be367609a.png

Those dates are within 6 weeks, however you get the error:

image.png.fc3e979d390ad603c03254a4b7dca7a7.png

Moving the date closer, the error resolves (ie: if I choose June 11 instead of July 11).

With that said though, even if it is 8 weeks, considering current timelines are not going to fall typically within the "max" time due to world events, this limit should be extended or temporarily removed in any case.

Just now, lolrko said:

I was approved for AOS in my vj timeline but it's still showing pending AOS instead of pending naturalization for some reason?

VJ timeline and your profile's status are separate.

You can update yours here: https://www.visajourney.com/profile/254174-lolrko/edit/

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE