Timeline
4 hours ago, Ella84 said:

Just a quick status update.

7/14 package send

7/16 package received

7/22 checks cashed and text messeges

7/30 noa 1 received by mail

Now waiting for biometrics 

Sure is nice for you...extremely lucky...

And proves my point precisely about how unfair and unprofessional this entire process is...

There is no valid explanation for why some have their cases accepted so quickly while others have excessive waits without justification and rejected cases are sent back in error.

I have a meeting with my US Senator upcoming and I'm shining a light on this entire dark process.  I have very detailed notes and names I will be sharing with them.  Im tired of all the dismissive and disrespectful conduct from these USCIS people.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
3 minutes ago, AC&MH said:

Sure is nice for you...extremely lucky...

And proves my point precisely about how unfair and unprofessional this entire process is...

There is no valid explanation for why some have their cases accepted so quickly while others have excessive waits without justification and rejected cases are sent back in error.

I have a meeting with my US Senator upcoming and I'm shining a light on this entire dark process.  I have very detailed notes and names I will be sharing with them.  Im tired of all the dismissive and disrespectful conduct from these USCIS people.  

Definitely not a quick proces. This has been my 2nd application. First one was in February and was returned to. 

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
17 hours ago, Mjaf said:

Can you pls tell if getting IRS online is free of cost or else what is  the fee?

If you are trying to get tax transcripts, they are free when you create an IRS account. You can download a digital copy or get them mailed to you for free.

On 7/30/2020 at 11:28 AM, HillsHaveEyes said:

It seems the beginning of virtually every process I've taken with USCIS has had some problem. The original petition for my wife took weeks and weeks beyond the expected turn around time. I'm hoping for a similar situation now for my step-son's AOS on a K2 follow to join.

June 13, 2020 - Mailed I-485 packet* along with I-131 and I-765

June 16, 2020 - USPS confirms packet delivered

So far no other updates. I paid by check and have not seen it hit my bank. I've seen most people here have experienced 15-25 day waits. Today is day 44... I finally gave in and called USCIS and the woman I spoke to was just lovely, She told me "You're not the only one filing paperwork", "Well you'll just have to keep waiting because you don't have a receipt number". Getting her to escalate to tier 2 was like pulling hens teeth. I'm scheduled for a call back in 761 hours!

Anyone else having an excessive delay? This is at the Chicago Lock Box...

I am in same boat... mailed my application along with my daughter's application (485/131/944/864) on Jun 20, reached the Chicago Lockbox on 24 ... sent checks...still no word from USCIS and checks have NOT been cashed... I spoke to a tier two agent today and she said that either the application might have been rejected or just wait till 45 days. Chicago lockbox is responsible for communications. Waiting game is extremely stressful.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
4 hours ago, xoom74 said:

I am in same boat... mailed my application along with my daughter's application (485/131/944/864) on Jun 20, reached the Chicago Lockbox on 24 ... sent checks...still no word from USCIS and checks have NOT been cashed... I spoke to a tier two agent today and she said that either the application might have been rejected or just wait till 45 days. Chicago lockbox is responsible for communications. Waiting game is extremely stressful.

Hopefully your situation will bode well. I received a call from tier two and they were able to tell me the application has been rejected but had no reason listed (other). However, after reading around a bit, it seems my problem is the guide listed on this website for K-2 AOS has not been updated.

Therefore I did not submit the I-944. My wife's AOS was done before this rule so I had no suspicion anything was wrong. Does anyone know can I request for this guide to be updated?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 7/27/2020 at 3:44 PM, Roxy&Ryan said:

Finally heard something!

Timeline:

AOS mailed (UPS) 6/5

AOS delivered 6/10

called, received rec # 7/27 (# assigned 7/22)

Case status is now saying 'finger print fee received'.

Thanks for the support all. one thing i can say - this process is a test of faith and patience.  I feel so much better now. I guess biometrics is next, if no RFE.  

Updated: I received my K1 and K2 biometrics appt letter today. Appt date is Aug 12. My ASC is ATL.

AOS mailed (UPS) 6/5

AOS delivered 6/10

Biometrics for K1 and K2 

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Roxy&Ryan said:

Updated: I received my K1 and K2 biometrics appt letter today. Appt date is Aug 12. My ASC is ATL.

AOS mailed (UPS) 6/5

AOS delivered 6/10

Biometrics for K1 and K2 

Wow! That's great. Now everything is going in accelerated phase for you. Hope it keeps on going like that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just now, Shan181 said:

Wow! That's great. Now everything is going in accelerated phase for you. Hope it keeps on going like that.

Thanks  I pray so too😊🙏

On 7/30/2020 at 11:28 AM, HillsHaveEyes said:

It seems the beginning of virtually every process I've taken with USCIS has had some problem. The original petition for my wife took weeks and weeks beyond the expected turn around time. I'm hoping for a similar situation now for my step-son's AOS on a K2 follow to join.

June 13, 2020 - Mailed I-485 packet* along with I-131 and I-765

June 16, 2020 - USPS confirms packet delivered

So far no other updates. I paid by check and have not seen it hit my bank. I've seen most people here have experienced 15-25 day waits. Today is day 44... I finally gave in and called USCIS and the woman I spoke to was just lovely, She told me "You're not the only one filing paperwork", "Well you'll just have to keep waiting because you don't have a receipt number". Getting her to escalate to tier 2 was like pulling hens teeth. I'm scheduled for a call back in 761 hours!

Anyone else having an excessive delay? This is at the Chicago Lock Box...

I would suggest calling again and hope to hear from a more helpful person. We submitted around the same time and our cheque was cashed July 16.

Edit: just saw your update about rejected file. Sorry!

Edited by KAP2019

March 2019: Married, Filed I-130 in April 2019

AOS: Filed June 10, 2020, Received June 13, 2020, Cheque cashed July 16

(I-130 approved in Oct 2019 because we were originally doing consular CR-1 processing)
NOAs July 24 (dated July 17) 2020
Biometrics Jan 7, 2021 (notice dated Dec 12, received Dec 22)
Case updated to 'Interview Scheduled' (Jan 19, 2021, received letter Jan 25)

February 24! Interview! New Card being produced!

Feb 25, 2021: Case approved.

March 1, 2021: Card was mailed

March 4, 2021: Green Card Received! 🥳

March 25, 2021: SSN Application
March 29, 2021: Received SSN
Dec 5, 2022: I-751 ROC Delivered to Lockbox

I received my biometrics appointment today, and is dated 7/28. Here’s hoping everything starts moving along now

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
34 minutes ago, RPC said:

I received my biometrics appointment today, and is dated 7/28. Here’s hoping everything starts moving along now

Hi. Two questions:

1) What was your NOA1 date

2) When is your appointment and which office?

6 minutes ago, juancarlos said:

Hi. Two questions:

1) What was your NOA1 date

2) When is your appointment and which office?

6/4 and DC, it should be on my timeline 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, RPC said:

6/4 and DC, it should be on my timeline 

Wait what ASC though? The one in Alexandria or the one in Maryland? I don’t think DC has an ASC. Correct me if I’m wrong

31 minutes ago, Ela S. said:

Wait what ASC though? The one in Alexandria or the one in Maryland? I don’t think DC has an ASC. Correct me if I’m wrong

Oh, Alexandria, I didn’t realise the MD centre services DC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.