1,455 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Another week passes and nothing positive for us...

More difficult to understand each time I see people who submitted AOS weeks after we did get fast approvals and moving onward.

We are both tired of the inconsistency and unfairness...

8 hours ago, Roxy&Ryan said:

Hey, quick question, does RFE comes before or after biometrics? 

I don’t think they’re linked as such. We’ve not got an RFE as of yet, but I don’t think that means we’ll not get one. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, RPC said:

Oh, Alexandria, I didn’t realise the MD centre services DC.

That gives me hope as my NOA1 is 06/16 and I live in Alexandria so hopefully I get my biometric appointment soon sometime this week!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

I got so excited today when I saw a letter from USCIS in my mail thinking that it would be the biometric appointment letter and it was a courtesy letter asking for the I-693 form (medical exam). 😒

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
3 hours ago, juancarlos said:

I got so excited today when I saw a letter from USCIS in my mail thinking that it would be the biometric appointment letter and it was a courtesy letter asking for the I-693 form (medical exam). 😒

Hang in there brother. Definitely you will get it next week!

On 8/1/2020 at 6:51 PM, AC&MH said:

Another week passes and nothing positive for us...

More difficult to understand each time I see people who submitted AOS weeks after we did get fast approvals and moving onward.

We are both tired of the inconsistency and unfairness...

How did your meeting with Senator go? Usually they have some clout with USCIS where they get at least get some answers.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

Good News today! Got my biometrics appointment letter in the mail today. Appointment is scheduled for 8/11.

updated timeline:

Date mailed: 06/15

Date Received: 06/16

CC charged: 07/16

NOA1 text: 07/19

NOA1 letters: 07/23
I-693 Deficiency notice: 08/01

Biometrics Appointment Letter: 08/03

Biometrcs Appointment: 08/11

good luck everyone!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 8/1/2020 at 1:34 AM, Roxy&Ryan said:

Updated: I received my K1 and K2 biometrics appt letter today. Appt date is Aug 12. My ASC is ATL.

AOS mailed (UPS) 6/5

AOS delivered 6/10

called, received rec # 7/27 (# assigned 7/22)

Biometrics for K1 and K2 

Timeline update:

AOS mailed (UPS) 6/5

AOS delivered 6/10

called, received rec # 7/27 (# assigned 7/22)

K1 & 2 - NOA 1 (485,765 & 131) 7/27

K1 & 2 Biometrics NOA 7/28

Biometrics appt. date 8/12 

No update re NOA via online as yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
21 hours ago, MNH said:

How did your meeting with Senator go? Usually they have some clout with USCIS where they get at least get some answers.

My meeting focused on why a person screening these cases does not have the basic knowledge to know that K1 AOS applicants do NOT require a priority date.  The fact our case was rejected because of this is completely unacceptable. 

As for our case,  we are still in the same place, no progress at all.  We resubmitted 3 weeks ago after the case was rejected by the incompetent staff at the Lockbox. 

At this point, we really have no expectation our case will be treated fairly. There is really no end in sight to this.  We have done everything precisely as was asked of us.  Provided every bit of evidence required and then some. 

Yet our case was wrongly rejected, and there is no process in place to rectify that.  Just resubmit and try our LUCK again.  

How many times must we do that???  We are both tired...And I am embarrassed that I brought my wife and stepdaughter to the USA to be treated in this fashion.

We are at the point now where we may just return to Thailand. 

29 minutes ago, AC&MH said:

My meeting focused on why a person screening these cases does not have the basic knowledge to know that K1 AOS applicants do NOT require a priority date.  The fact our case was rejected because of this is completely unacceptable. 

As for our case,  we are still in the same place, no progress at all.  We resubmitted 3 weeks ago after the case was rejected by the incompetent staff at the Lockbox. 

At this point, we really have no expectation our case will be treated fairly. There is really no end in sight to this.  We have done everything precisely as was asked of us.  Provided every bit of evidence required and then some. 

Yet our case was wrongly rejected, and there is no process in place to rectify that.  Just resubmit and try our LUCK again.  

How many times must we do that???  We are both tired...And I am embarrassed that I brought my wife and stepdaughter to the USA to be treated in this fashion.

We are at the point now where we may just return to Thailand. 

I can totally understand your frustration, but please don't give up. I'm surprised that the Senator could not help you in your case. I guess you can try a decent lawyer to prepare your application. Since you don't need I-944 anymore, it should be cheaper now. Ideally, you shouldn't have to do so, since it's pretty straight forward application, but it's an option.

16 hours ago, Naaa said:

Hi everyone, first time posting here. We have received a biometrics appointment letter today! My ASC is in Alexandria VA. 

Submitted: May 30

Received: June 1

Biometrics: August 12

Glad to see more June filers getting their biometrics appointment this week. Hope it's our turn soon.

2019-08-04   Got Married

--- Consullar Processing Stage ---

2020-01-22   Filed I-130 (Consullar Processing)

2020-02-20   Entered the US (originally just for a visit but got stuck in the US thanks to the travel ban)

2020-05-21   I-130 got approved

--- Adjustment of Status Stage ---

2020-06-02   Filed AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

2020-06-04   Delivered (PD on receipt)

2020-06-29   Check cashed, received receipt number via SMS

2020-07-08   Received RFIE

2020-07-16   Mailed reponse to RFIE

2020-07-22   Status shows they received response to RFIE

2020-08-31   Received biometrics appointment letter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.