Captain Ewok

USCIS Preparing to Resume Public Services on June 4th

106 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed for making personal attacks.  one post removed for quoting that post

admin action has been taken against one account for tos violations.

charles

vj moderation

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, uab1969 said:
As of June 4:: According to the USCIS pages, all field offices are open; and all ASC (Application Support Centers - biometrics) are closed.

All field offices are open today? This is the message on the USCIS splash page:

Beginning June 4, 2020, certain USCIS field offices and asylum offices will resume non-emergency face-to-face services to the public. Application support centers will resume services later. 

Looking at USCIS info pages for individual field offices doesn't show any definitive open or closed info, as far as I can see. It's difficult to determine which field offices, if any, are open today for non-emergency face-to-face services.

It's also unclear to me what all the USCIS field offices have been doing during the closure period. Anecdotally (on VJ), I have only seen 3 green cards issued without interviews during that period. And (on VJ) apparently zero interview notices were mailed out during the closure period. How can they possibly start interviews if the appointment letters weren't sent out?

Our AOS interview was originally scheduled for March 24, and then it was cancelled for the COVID-19 field office closures. I don't think we deserve any special treatment, but it certainly seems like we would be put back near the front of the line when our Jacksonville FL field office opens again. And if that's the case, we would certainly need an appointment letter mailed to us. But as of now, our case tracker still says ready to be scheduled for an interview, and our mailbox remains empty.

If anyone has any real information that conflicts with mine, please feel free to chime in.

Edited by Matrix13
grammar

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

@Matrix13

The website is slightly confusing, but when you select field offices on this link:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-office-closings?fbclid=IwAR2TF22LSpQaN1TFcAUp8Yl0km8Ovu7fkKH5arQKJ9Gqly0d6J99DUEMaUs

this is what comes up:

Capture.JPG.262e04f91fe409493fbb68b9fef72f4f.JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
51 minutes ago, RPete said:

@Matrix13

The website is slightly confusing, but when you select field offices on this link:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-office-closings?fbclid=IwAR2TF22LSpQaN1TFcAUp8Yl0km8Ovu7fkKH5arQKJ9Gqly0d6J99DUEMaUs

this is what comes up:

Capture.JPG.262e04f91fe409493fbb68b9fef72f4f.JPG

Thanks. And, yes, that is slightly confusing. Do you interpret that as meaning all field offices other than Minneapolis are open?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Matrix13 said:

Thanks. And, yes, that is slightly confusing. Do you interpret that as meaning all field offices other than Minneapolis are open?

Yes, I do interpret it that way. Hopefully that helps!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

They just updated the website - a bunch of big metropolitan areas are still closed: LA, San Francisco, Houston, all of the three NYC offices, Long Island, etc... 

I'm not sure why they can't do remote interviews... It's 2020, come on already. 

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, Sticks said:

I'm not sure, I  also wanted to know if they were?

hey let me know if Montreal is rescheduling interview , I appreciate !!!!

Timeline
59 minutes ago, simsim2 said:

They just updated the website - a bunch of big metropolitan areas are still closed: LA, San Francisco, Houston, all of the three NYC offices, Long Island, etc... 

I'm not sure why they can't do remote interviews... It's 2020, come on already. 

Hey there, yes they are open and rescheduling interviews here is what is says on the site 

Each visa applicant on your case must separately register his/her appointment online before the interview. Registering your appointment gives us the information we need to return your passport and visa packet after your interview. Registration is free; just click the “Register” button below. You may only reschedule your appointment after you have registered it online and your initial interview date has passed.

Timeline
On 6/3/2020 at 7:40 PM, Devint said:

Montreal is rescheduling?

Each visa applicant on your case must separately register his/her appointment online before the interview. Registering your appointment gives us the information we need to return your passport and visa packet after your interview. Registration is free; just click the “Register” button below. You may only reschedule your appointment after you have registered it online and your initial interview date has passed.

this is from their website so YES  they are on !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.