Greenbaum

JUNE 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

467 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Hi all! Hope everyone is well and keeping their spirits high. Our NOA2 was June 11 and we still haven’t been assigned a case number (yesterday was five weeks). The agent told me they had not received our case yet and processing time can be up to six weeks. I’m hoping nothing has gone wrong with in the mail from USCIS to NVC as I see others with later NOA2 dates have been assigned their case numbers. 🤞 no question here just keeping the group updated! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
16 minutes ago, kiwi2020 said:

For those interested in regards to Embassies/Consulates:

Information on visa services

As of July 20, 2020, the U.S. Consulate General in Auckland is resuming certain immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services, including employment, student, petition-based, and tourist non-immigrant visas, K fiancée visas, as well as IR-1/2, CR-1/2, IR3/4, SB-1, and EB-5 immigrant visas.  While the U.S. Consulate General in Auckland aims to process cases as soon as practicable, there is likely to be increased wait times for completing such services due to substantial backlogs.  The MRV fee is valid and may be used to schedule an interview appointment in the country where it was purchased within one year of the date of payment. If you have an urgent matter and need to travel immediately, please follow the guidance provided at https://www.ustraveldocs.com/nz/nz-niv-expeditedappointment.asp to request an emergency appointment.

Source: https://www.ustraveldocs.com/nz/

Wow! This gives me hope. First time I have seen the K1 visa being mentioned in the past months.

Here's another update for everyone - hope this gives everyone some idea:

10th June - NOA2 issued

12th June - NOA2 received in mail

12th June - Contacted NVC to change email (as per suggestion)

19th June - NVC replied 'We do not have a record of receiving your petition.'

... completely forgot about it ...

2nd July - NVC Case Assigned (Sydney Consulate) - I did not know this until 11th July

4th July - Contacted NVC to change email (as per suggestion)

11th July - NVC replied 'Email changed', discovered case was assigned

11th July - Contacted NVC to transfer case (Auckland Consulate)

17th July - NVC Case Assigned (Auckland Consulate)

Good luck everyone!

24 minutes ago, kiwi2020 said:

Here's another update for everyone - hope this gives everyone some idea:

10th June - NOA2 issued

12th June - NOA2 received in mail

12th June - Contacted NVC to change email (as per suggestion)

19th June - NVC replied 'We do not have a record of receiving your petition.'

... completely forgot about it ...

2nd July - NVC Case Assigned (Sydney Consulate) - I did not know this until 11th July

4th July - Contacted NVC to change email (as per suggestion)

11th July - NVC replied 'Email changed', discovered case was assigned

11th July - Contacted NVC to transfer case (Auckland Consulate)

17th July - NVC Case Assigned (Auckland Consulate)

Good luck everyone!

Most of us use your timeline. There is a link in everyone's profile from the left column if using a computer, using a phone you will find it at the top of your post near you name. Since you haven't completed a timeline we will not know where you are in the process down the road. Therefore, it would be important to you to complete your timeline here on VJ.

We need a little housekeeping on your end. Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Timeline: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RTx4pIFfcIXyW15L-nyLuBGzwqYRx5lI/view?usp=sharing

Country and Visa Type: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RyJiLo_7WTmqvkzXXqLuOlVHm9oyhAES/view?usp=sharing

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is NVC no longer answering phone calls? I am trying to get an update or see if my case has been received.

I called both numbers listed in the PDF from the first page. An automated message states that visas are not being processed due to the pandemic and to visit the NVC website for more information. The call then drops. 

3 hours ago, Solaris81 said:

Is NVC no longer answering phone calls? I am trying to get an update or see if my case has been received.

I called both numbers listed in the PDF from the first page. An automated message states that visas are not being processed due to the pandemic and to visit the NVC website for more information. The call then drops. 

Since they do not have any further information and they are short staff, maybe they have decided to only entertain emails and that you use the website to further your inquiry. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 hours ago, Solaris81 said:

I stated previously that the non-immigrant line will go straight to the automated message. The immigrant visa line worked for me though. You have to listen to the operator and it will direct you to an agent.

Another gem I read in this forum is about calling NVC early in the morning (eastern standard time) Try as early as 7:00am est 

If all else fails, I’d suggest sending them an email. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
11 hours ago, Solaris81 said:

You could also call late at night. My fiancé couldn’t call in the morning so every time he called was around 9-10pm . He would wait around 15 minutes to speak. 

Hello everyone

Another update for all of you. Maybe Greenbaum already knows this.

If you go to this link - https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ - this will have all the information related to each US Embassy/Consulate. If you click on your region and country, you will know the status of the embassy/consulate, when they are opening and what visas they are processing. I already shared the one from NZ.

1 hour ago, kiwi2020 said:

Hello everyone

Another update for all of you. Maybe Greenbaum already knows this.

If you go to this link - https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ - this will have all the information related to each US Embassy/Consulate. If you click on your region and country, you will know the status of the embassy/consulate, when they are opening and what visas they are processing. I already shared the one from NZ.

Yes, that is a good website to use or you can go directly to your embassy's webpage for updates. Please keep checking your embassy's webpage for information regarding operating status and any further updates. When new appointment dates are available for booking, they will display through your appointment calendar within your Visa Appointment Service account at https://www.ustraveldocs.com. Please ensure that you monitor the email address that you used to register with the Visa Appointment Service, including the junk or spam folder, as that is how you will be contacted if it is necessary for your future appointment to be postponed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

I had the same dilemna, too. Received NOA2 June 25. Updated NVC with my email June 28 as i read instructions but received negative response from NVC. See attached

FFF1AED4-DC2F-4200-82CF-454322CFF8DD.png

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Pacia said:

I had the same dilemna, too. Received NOA2 June 25. Updated NVC with my email June 28 as i read instructions but received negative response from NVC. See attached

FFF1AED4-DC2F-4200-82CF-454322CFF8DD.png

You will need to wait until they receive your petition. My NOA2 is June 20. I called yesterday and they still don't have mine. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Pacia said:

Thanks. Have you updated your email with NVC yet?

No. I received the same message when I sent my inquiry. You can't update your email until NVC receives your petition. I'll wait another week and call again. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.