1,215 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, MS&JA said:

Per the instructions, it's not only unnecessary but they specifically request that you DO NOT send W2s. 

I don't know if anyone has "argued" this point with them, but it's worth a shot. Check out page 8 of the instructions.

Please do 🙏 Best of luck. 

i read page 7. We filed joint taxes so.. we had to submit the W-2.. so i guess now i wait. 

“if you provide a photocopy of your tax returns, you must include a copy of each and every W-2 and form 1099 that relates to your return. Do not include copies of these forms if you provide an irs transcript of your returns rather than a photocopy UNLESS you filed a joint tax return with your spouse”.  *sigh*

15 hours ago, Skaur0609 said:

Hello, i was documentarily qualified recently on May 15. Finally i was able to open Case Document Review Note.  My husband is on work permit in Canada. NVC asked us to sunmit his work but didn't indicate where. Would Civil documents be right place to upload? I was thinking about uploading under Other.

Hi, when we got DQ on April 21 we also received a Case Document Review Note.

3 days later I was able to open it and they were asking for my husband’s divorces final decrees. We call NVC and the operator said that we better bring it to the interview because if we submitted we will lose our place in line for the interview.

did you call them and asked them about what to do with your CDRN as you are DQ?

3 minutes ago, AarLar said:

i read page 7. We filed joint taxes so.. we had to submit the W-2.. so i guess now i wait. 

“if you provide a photocopy of your tax returns, you must include a copy of each and every W-2 and form 1099 that relates to your return. Do not include copies of these forms if you provide an irs transcript of your returns rather than a photocopy UNLESS you filed a joint tax return with your spouse”.  *sigh*

😔 I'm sorry. At least things seem to be moving along. Best of luck to you both. 

6 minutes ago, David G said:

3 days later I was able to open it and they were asking for my husband’s divorces final decrees. We call NVC and the operator said that we better bring it to the interview because if we submitted we will lose our place in line for the interview.

Do you mean you still got DQ? Did it say so? Because i never got the DQ email.

mine wasnt a “CaseDocument Review Note” it was a “case FE review note”

Edited by AarLar
Added extra info

2 minutes ago, AarLar said:

Do you mean you still got DQ? Did it say so? Because i never got the DQ email

Yes, we received and email. And one message on CEAC.

all Civil documents and AOS says accepted and in the main page says accepted too. 

1 minute ago, David G said:

Yes, we received and email. And one message on CEAC.

all Civil documents and AOS says accepted and in the main page says accepted too. 

How odd, I guess 2018 W-2's are more important to the process than final divorce degree papers. 

3 minutes ago, AarLar said:

How odd, I guess 2018 W-2's are more important to the process than final divorce degree papers. 

Yes, I know. 

I quoted @Skaur0609 message because it seems that they have the same situation. Being DQ and with a Case Document Review Note. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
22 hours ago, carpfan said:

Excellent news! Still waiting for them to review my resubmitted document from April 23. . . So tired of this process!

We resubmitted our document on April 23rd as well. Hopefully we will hear something by June. My NVC processing center is Texas, what is yours?  Lets keep each other posted. Good Luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
25 minutes ago, David G said:

Just FYI,

We were missing the PCC for NVC stage and Got DQ.

We received message from NVC that the explanation for not submitting the PCC has been accepted but will need to upload under additional docs in CEAC once we get a hold of it. So, I called the NVC and the operator mentioned since we are already DQ we won't lose our spot in line for the interview. 

2 minutes ago, bharath and manu said:

Just FYI,

We were missing the PCC for NVC stage and Got DQ.

We received message from NVC that the explanation for not submitting the PCC has been accepted but will need to upload under additional docs in CEAC once we get a hold of it. So, I called the NVC and the operator mentioned since we are already DQ we won't lose our spot in line for the interview. 

Thank you so much.

We are missing one of my PCC and we made a note that I will bring it to the interview. And they accepted it. And got DQ. 

we called NVC asking for that review note about my husbands divorces final decrees and they said that better don’t submit it that it will be better to take it to the interview.  Maybe we need to call them again. 😅 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, David G said:

Thank you so much.

We are missing one of my PCC and we made a note that I will bring it to the interview. And they accepted it. And got DQ. 

we called NVC asking for that review note about my husbands divorces final decrees and they said that better don’t submit it that it will be better to take it to the interview.  Maybe we need to call them again. 😅 

haha different stories!! Please let me know what NVC says.

19 minutes ago, Pooja & Pat said:

We resubmitted our document on April 23rd as well. Hopefully we will hear something by June. My NVC processing center is Texas, what is yours?  Lets keep each other posted. Good Luck!

I just got DQ today! I called them yesterday to ask for status, not sure if that helped, as they just brushed me off with "we're still working on Feb 14 submissions . . . ", but very pleasantly surprised to get DQ.

I believe the NVC only has one location, Portsmouth, NH. My USCIS processing center was the dreaded Nebraska office, which took over a year to approve my I-130.

Wishing you luck for a quick DQ!

Edited by carpfan

Just called NVC to make sure that we actually do need to upload the W-2 and yes we do.. they also said we have to go back in line … but I got an RFE after just over a month so fingers crossed.. :(

@Rosie91

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
46 minutes ago, David G said:

the message said that if you are not Canadian citizen, they require proof that you are eligible to interview in Canada. Options are student visa, landing papers, permanent card or work permit. So they most likely won't schedule interview until we submit documents. I will submit them tonight and call NVC tomorrow. Thanks 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
8 minutes ago, AarLar said:

Just called NVC to make sure that we actually do need to upload the W-2 and yes we do.. they also said we have to go back in line … but I got an RFE after just over a month so fingers crossed.. :(

@Rosie91

That's so frustrating. It's also really confusing as to why they seem so fixated on W-2s from people. I sent in a IRS transcript for my 2018 tax returns but then I went back in and uploaded the W-2 for that year because I saw so many RFEs coming in. Maybe I still didn't need to because I wasn't married and didn't file jointly at that point, but I'm so afraid of having to get back into line. Hopefully they don't penalize people for including this info if they don't think you should have.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.