1,215 posts in this topic

On 5/14/2020 at 1:17 AM, Quarknase said:

We're in Abu Dhabi too :) Can't wait to hear about recent experiences!

Same here! Hopefully there will be some news on the embassy opening up soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, Pooja & Pat said:

This gives me a bit of hope. My 2nd submission was on 4/23/20 . I am hoping to hear something soon because this wait seems so painful than the virus :( . I am stuck at a job that I don't like and I need that silver lining. Do you mind sharing what consulate you are applying at?

Mumbai Consulate, India. Embassies opening up for visa services seems like a distant dream now, can only hope that it happens in the next month or two. Hang in there, these times shall pass too. Good luck.

Hi everyone, just joined recently and I thought I'd share our recent activity. It seems like weird things are happening. We submitted to the NVC on Jan 30 but we had to do a resubmission on Apr 8. Over the weekend (weird?!) (16 May) we received another notification. It was a request for W-2s/1099s but we've already submitted these and they've been accepted. In addition to this our profile all of a sudden said we were missing the police certificate which was also already submitted and accepted. I called yesterday and they said it looks complete but it needs to go to next level review. If anyone has had similar experiences I'd be happy to hear them. Good luck everyone!!

Edited by Steph_deGroot

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Steph_deGroot said:

Hi everyone, just joined recently and I thought I'd share our recent activity. It seems like weird things are happening. We submitted to the NVC on Jan 30 but we had to do a resubmission on Apr 8. Over the weekend (weird?!) (16 May) we received another notification. It was a request for W-2s/1099s but we've already submitted these and they've been accepted. In addition to this our profile all of a sudden said we were missing the police certificate which was also already submitted and accepted. I called yesterday and they said it looks complete but it needs to go to next level review. If anyone has had similar experiences I'd be happy to hear them. Good luck everyone!!

I had similar experience. 

They asked for documentation that was already submitted and reviewed and approved. They also asked for a document that they already had and it was the correct document, but kept saying it was the wrong document cause they didn't believe I was married in a country other than my country or my husband's country. Then, to top it all off they kept labeling a document "military record/marriage certificate" 

All I can say is that they are idiots. I kept calling and finally got DQ. 

1 hour ago, HKS said:

I had similar experience. 

They asked for documentation that was already submitted and reviewed and approved. They also asked for a document that they already had and it was the correct document, but kept saying it was the wrong document cause they didn't believe I was married in a country other than my country or my husband's country. Then, to top it all off they kept labeling a document "military record/marriage certificate" 

All I can say is that they are idiots. I kept calling and finally got DQ. 

Hi everyone blessed day for me. Got DQ today Alhamdulillah. My submission date was April 1st. Got DQ May 19. Praying for all who are still waiting. 

16 hours ago, Ibrahim Suliman said:

They are so unorganized.. it's just frustrating at this point.. congratz btw

I agree, they’re so confusing. I saw a lot of DQ’s for March and May. We submitted on Feb 28th and still nothing 🤷🏽‍♀️

When my husband called NVC, they said that they’re still reviewing cases submitted on Feb 14th. Like c’mon seriously 🤦🏽‍♀️

On 5/18/2020 at 5:17 AM, Supernovan said:

Hi Everyone, I have a qestion about filling the DS260. One of the question is asking for your social media account, so should I list all my active accounts or just the main ones I've been using? 

I would like to know the answer to this too. Also, another few follow up question about the DS-260. We're in the process of finalizing it so we can submit and move on to Civil documents.  

1. Under Personal Information 1. They asked for other surnames used, are they asking about nicknames/aliases? Right below it is Other Given names used. What exactly do they want here? 

image.png.78d959641fbb43537b8c28bc357296f9.png

11 hours ago, leo18 said:

I called and they just said reduced staff. They are basically moving 1 day a week in the past 3 weeks. 

I submitted on Feb 20, 2020. Still no DQ yet. I don’t understand how they are processing for submission dates after. 

We also submitted on Feb 28 and nothing. We received an email from them last week that they opened our case but they can’t review it because we didn’t submit everything whereas they accepted all documents on December and they’re only asking for W2 which we submitted on Feb so we got confused.

We called them and they said ignore the email and message as it is a system error. 

And everytime we asked about our case, they always say they’re still reviewing Feb 14 and no access to cases submitted on later dates. 

Edited by JC&PB

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Biola said:

I would like to know the answer to this too. Also, another few follow up question about the DS-260. We're in the process of finalizing it so we can submit and move on to Civil documents.  

1. Under Personal Information 1. They asked for other surnames used, are they asking about nicknames/aliases? Right below it is Other Given names used. What exactly do they want here? 

image.png.78d959641fbb43537b8c28bc357296f9.png

I think they are more interested in religious names, former married names, maiden names, etc. I didn't include nicknames or anything like that. 

For example, there is no need to type in "Ben" if your name is Benjamin.

Hi guys,

quick question regarding I-864EZ

i have a business and i work how can i put the correct information for the taxes do i use nt business information or my personal taxes ?

in 2018 even though i had more income but my gross adjust is about 10k, while 2017 is 44K. I havent filed the 2019 yet. Can you please advise me on this?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My i-130 was approved for my CR1 2 weeks ago and I still don't have any update from the NVC. How are they supposed to contact me, via e-mail?

I only ask because even though I had an USCIS account with my e-mail and I included it on my initial application everytime I called the uscis they always told me they had no recorded e-mail on record. Should I just be calling NVC to see if I have a case number or should I wait a little longer to see if they do in fact have my e-mail as I already had an account with uscis and asked the service reps to add it to my file every time I spoke with them.

@USAUAinCZ

just wait for it, it take about 3-4 weeks or so. and they will contact you via email.  recently because of covid 19 you can almost wait upto 90 days prior to getting ur NVC information

3 minutes ago, USAUAinCZ said:

My i-130 was approved for my CR1 2 weeks ago and I still don't have any update from the NVC. How are they supposed to contact me, via e-mail?

I only ask because even though I had an USCIS account with my e-mail and I included it on my initial application everytime I called the uscis they always told me they had no recorded e-mail on record. Should I just be calling NVC to see if I have a case number or should I wait a little longer to see if they do in fact have my e-mail as I already had an account with uscis and asked the service reps to add it to my file every time I spoke with them.

just wait for it, it take about 3-4 weeks or so. and they will contact you via email.  recently because of covid 19 you can almost wait upto 90 days prior to getting ur NVC information

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.