1,215 posts in this topic

Timeline
1 minute ago, Anmol Yash said:

Yes!

That’s great. I’m glad to know that they accepted all documents without the PCC. I’ve been worried about that. And it’s so great that you got DQ so quickly. So happy for u. I’m hoping we hear some good news soon too. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Just now, Shemuz said:

That’s great. I’m glad to know that they accepted all documents without the PCC. I’ve been worried about that. And it’s so great that you got DQ so quickly. So happy for u. I’m hoping we hear some good news soon too. 

I was so worried about that myself! Waited about a month and after we had to reschedule our appointment for the 3rd time, we decided to just submit since the website said they are now closed until further notice. And I'm so so glad we just went ahead with that. I pray everyone gets their DQ quick 😭❤️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Anmol Yash said:

Hi guys! We just got our mail and message from NVC about our DQ (May 9th 2020) 😍

NOA2: April 6th

Case created & fees paid: April 8th

DS-260 completed & financial documents submitted: April 12th

Civil documents submitted: May 7th

We're so so so happyyyyy!

Wow!! Go Get a lottery.. you'll win !!😃

Timeline
2 hours ago, Anmol Yash said:

I was so worried about that myself! Waited about a month and after we had to reschedule our appointment for the 3rd time, we decided to just submit since the website said they are now closed until further notice. And I'm so so glad we just went ahead with that. I pray everyone gets their DQ quick 😭❤️

Yeah, my husband had to reschedule 3 times too. It’s very frustrating. I didn’t expect the lockdown to get extended so many times. But atleast the NVC understands the situation and accepts documents without it. I hope and pray we all get DQ soon too. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello,

We are just starting the NVC stage.  Our NOA2 was 5/6, and we got an email notice for our case, CN and IIN today, 5/9.

The payment portal was ready so we submitted payment for AOS and IV today as well.  I guess the next step is wait for payment to complete and submit I-864, DS-261 and DS-260?

I don't know if we lucked out with the short 3 day NVC receive date, or that NVC is just being very efficient/responsive nowadays.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
Just now, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Hello,

We are just starting the NVC stage.  Our NOA2 was 5/6, and we got an email notice for our case, CN and IIN today, 5/9.

The payment portal was ready so we submitted payment for AOS and IV today as well.  I guess the next step is wait for payment to complete and submit I-864, DS-261 and DS-260?

I don't know if we lucked out with the short 3 day NVC receive date, or that NVC is just being very efficient/responsive nowadays.

Welcome! For IOE cases, welcome letter usually comes within a day. Only the "older" cases with service center specific code take 4-8 weeks for NVC case creation :)

The DS-261 is history - once your payments have processed you'll complete the DS-260, and upload and submit all financial and civil documentation.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 hours ago, Quarknase said:

Welcome! For IOE cases, welcome letter usually comes within a day. Only the "older" cases with service center specific code take 4-8 weeks for NVC case creation :)

The DS-261 is history - once your payments have processed you'll complete the DS-260, and upload and submit all financial and civil documentation.

Ok, I have some catching up to do on the new process.

So, just the I-864 and DS-260, with supporting documents?  Is there a timeline for electronic submittal of documents to DQ, on average?

Timeline
3 hours ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

Ok, I have some catching up to do on the new process.

So, just the I-864 and DS-260, with supporting documents?  Is there a timeline for electronic submittal of documents to DQ, on average?

The sponsor will have to submit financial backup such as tax transcript, recently they’ve also requested w2’s or other backup. I also recommend that you read the instructions on DOS homepage and the required documents specific to the embassy you will be going through.

timelines have been from 10 weeks for some, 2 days for others. It’s really all over the place and unpredictable at the moment but the official NVC statement is that they’re currently working on cases submitted on February 13. The new timeline will be published on their website tomorrow.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Haiti
Timeline
17 hours ago, Sunshinestatefl said:

US Citizen petitioning for a minor child, CR2....Nvc system is dysfunctional and unfair....I'm confused on how they process documents.

You are right,  it is so frustrating!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Biola said:

Hello guys, 

I just got my I-130 approved. The letter we received from NVC was addressed to my husband. They asked for the applicant to pay $120 and the beneficiary to poat $325.  Does it matter who pays and completes the application? I just want to make sure we do not make any mistakes. 

It doesn’t matter who pays, but the payment has to be from a US bank. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/step-3-pay-fees.html

11 minutes ago, Iscir said:

Thanks. 

1 more question. Can someone explain the NVC expedition request to me in more detail. At what stage can one apply for an expedition, does it work and how much faster does it make the process?

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Biola said:

Thanks. 

1 more question. Can someone explain the NVC expedition request to me in more detail. At what stage can one apply for an expedition, does it work and how much faster does it make the process?

Expedite requests are a fairly moot point at the moment since the expedite process means that NVC directly forwards the case to the embassy. I believe I saw one person in Australia being granted an emergency interview, but all other embassies are closed until further notice and do not schedule any interviews.

You request an expedite via email to NVC and you will have to explain the reason and provide proof. Medical emergency for the petitioner is a strong one, and financial hardship. 
NVC will reach out to your embassy and they decide if they accept the expedite with or without conditions, or deny it.

If accepted with conditions: that means you need to submit all documents to NVC and become DQ (documents qualified) by NVC, and then they’ll expedite.

If accepted without conditions: NVC directly forwards your case to the embassy and at that point NVC isn’t involved anymore. All documents need to be presented to the embassy directly.

21 minutes ago, Biola said:

Thanks. 

You make the request to the NVC.   They contact the consulate to see if will be accepted.  Unless it is a life or death situation, and since Embassies are closed, don't expect to get a yes quickly.  If it is expedited sometimes is hard to get scheduled as the NVC no longer does the appointment and the consulate appointments can be hard to get online.

Fill out your timeline and consulate if you would like a better answer that includes your consulate.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.