1,215 posts in this topic

My wife and son are in the Philippines and their I130 petition was just approved. We will need these scanned documents for the IV stage.

-Bar-coded cover sheet from payment portal

-Cover letter (optional)

• You can find a sample cover letter I wrote here [18]

-Copy of bio-data page of beneficiary's unexpired passport

-Photocopy of beneficiary's birth certificate

-Photocopy of marriage certificate

-Photocopy of police certificate(s)

What kind of police certificate do my wife and son need? Does my 6yo Filipino son need this also? Does he need to be NBI clearance?

Thanks 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
1 minute ago, TVC said:

My wife and son are in the Philippines and their I130 petition was just approved. We will need these scanned documents for the IV stage.

-Bar-coded cover sheet from payment portal

-Cover letter (optional)

• You can find a sample cover letter I wrote here [18]

-Copy of bio-data page of beneficiary's unexpired passport

-Photocopy of beneficiary's birth certificate

-Photocopy of marriage certificate

-Photocopy of police certificate(s)

What kind of police certificate do my wife and son need? Does my 6yo Filipino son need this also? Does he need to be NBI clearance?

Thanks 

please review your country specific instructions on DOS website, here is a good start: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MNL-Manila.html :)

NVC outlines all detailed requirements very carefully and you should definitely go by what they ask for.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Haiti
Timeline
12 hours ago, Ncornejo7 said:

I had the same question and I called NVC. They just told me I didn't need that part. I don't think it's a requirement anymore.  Do they have your email address on file?

Yes, you should as it is no longer a requirement. I did not have to fill DS261 either. 

12 hours ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Agreed.

Edited by kendelle

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
4 hours ago, JC&PB said:

Mine is on Feb 25 & 29th.. Hoping and praying to receive DQ email. I also check every day. LOL

I submitted my docs on Feb 20. I called NVC last week and they said  to wait as they still reviewing docs submitted on feb 13. I  keep checking every day but nothing.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, KD VITAL said:

I submitted my docs on Feb 20. I called NVC last week and they said  to wait as they still reviewing docs submitted on feb 13. I  keep checking every day but nothing.

Mine was Feb 24 and I got DQed yesterday. That was my first submission. Hope you hear from them very soon.

Timeline
1 hour ago, pcs9288 said:

DQ!!!!!! First submission in dec RFE in February (Because ir old police record) resubmitted 2/24!!! DQ TODAY! May 7th!!!! Finally 💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓

Congrats!  It has been a long wait, I am happy for you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
22 hours ago, DeParaquedasBrasi said:

HOW EXCITING!!!!!

Ive been waiting for your DQ since I got mine in March.

Also Congrats on getting the right Brazilian police records (that was a pain) LOL. Now we wait.

Thanks so much! Can´wait to get this ordeal behind us! Hoping embassies open soon! 

All the best!

On 5/6/2020 at 7:56 PM, Iamtheyeti said:

Documentarily qualified today. Submitted on April 7th, 2020. So, I moved to a new place about a week ago. How do I change my address with the NVC now?

Write to NVC through the website on the AskNVC online form. The review time is pretty quick now a days so you should hear feedback on the update soon.

13 hours ago, Quarknase said:

I think they mean the date when petition was received. Some have started building a theory that the fast approvals from NVC are coming for folks with old cases/long wait times at USCIS

That wouldn't make sense since I have a priority date of June 28, 2018. I waited over 400 days for my petition to be approved.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 hours ago, pcs9288 said:

DQ!!!!!! First submission in dec RFE in February (Because ir old police record) resubmitted 2/24!!! DQ TODAY! May 7th!!!! Finally 💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓

interesting, you resubmitted on 2/24

I resubmitted on 2/25.. does that mean I get DQ'd tomorrow? May 8th??

heres hoping!

congrats by the way!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Ncornejo7 said:

That wouldn't make sense since I have a priority date of June 28, 2018. I waited over 400 days for my petition to be approved.

Yeah I didn't trust in that theory either, was just explaining what I read here. I think the probability that Rep's are processed preferred over Dem's is higher at this point :D

Long wait you had. I feel for you. Cheers to a soon DQ!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.