17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

hi, 

i was an Aupair for almost two years in the states and just read through the nvc page, category:  required civil documents.

i might need a police clearance letter from the states but where do i get one of these?

Maybe there is someone from Germany here which had gone through the same and could help me out or knows about this ?

i was texting the consulate but they literally just sent me a document with the exact same answer as on the nvc page. 

Please ask for any further information, of which state etc. i dont know if that is needed!

also i am about to send a form which is called J Visa Advisory Opinion Application to see if i am eligible for the 212(e) - Subject to the two year residence requirement. 

Anyone experience with it?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

You don’t need the police certificate the US, they look at your background internally.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, arken said:

You don’t need the police certificate the US, they look at your background internally.

I concur @arken you beat me to it

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes

Timeline
10 minutes ago, arken said:

okay, thank you!

i dont know why they have to make it so complicated all the time 🙄

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Tschuulia said:

i dont know why they have to make it so complicated all the time 

I mean they do specifically answer this question in the instructions...

Note: Present and former residents of the United States do NOT need to submit any U.S. police certificates.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
1 hour ago, Tschuulia said:

also i am about to send a form which is called J Visa Advisory Opinion Application to see if i am eligible for the 212(e) - Subject to the two year residence requirement. 

Anyone experience with it?

Did you check if your J1 does state that you have a two year residence requirement after returning home? Not all J1's have it so I am wondering if you even need to apply for a waiver

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Did you check if your J1 does state that you have a two year residence requirement after returning home? Not all J1's have it so I am wondering if you even need to apply for a waiver

i already was talking about that on a thread in redd.it but people said i should do it to be on the saver side. 
here is the link to it: 

25 minutes ago, Tschuulia said:

i already was talking about that on a thread in redd.it but people said i should do it to be on the saver side. 
here is the link to it: 

There are only a couple people on that sub that I would actually listen to because the vast majority of them have no idea and/or just say that you need to see a attorney. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

There are only a couple people on that sub that I would actually listen to because the vast majority of them have no idea and/or just say that you need to see a attorney. 

i cant even afford an attorney.
thats why it is so hard and painful to go through at this stage of petition. 

not only because i am the only one who has to file for all of these things now, and gather all the infinite and required documents they want and need but its also in english and nobody in my circle i know, knows what i am talking about, let alone my husband in the US.

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Tschuulia said:

here is the link to it: 

I've had the same. I'm of German origin (my husband is Iraqi hence the other flag in my profile), I had a J1 with the same comment that you have on the visa, and nothing was checked in the applicable section in my DS2019. Nobody asked about this, ever. I'm an LPR now. I would say just provide a copy of the visa in the passport and you're golden.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Tschuulia said:

not only because i am the only one who has to file for all of these things now, and gather all the infinite and required documents they want and need but its also in english and nobody in my circle i know, knows what i am talking about, let alone my husband in the US.

No pity party, most of us don't use attorney's (and many actually have experiences with attorneys giving bad advise). Join the NVC April filer group and read about other experiences. We're all doing it on our own, and if you know where to look, DOS and USCIS actually provide accurate and helpful guides :) You can do this!

Timeline
Just now, Quarknase said:

No pity party, most of us don't use attorney's (and many actually have experiences with attorneys giving bad advise). Join the NVC April filer group and read about other experiences. We're all doing it on our own, and if you know where to look, DOS and USCIS actually provide accurate and helpful guides :) You can do this!

you are awesome! only took me a bunch of posts here to find the answers i was looking for , lol! 

i will do, thank you lots 🥰

9 minutes ago, Tschuulia said:

I completely understand trust me. That is why we are here to help and there is even a German part of VJ for people. So you are not alone. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Tschuulia said:

you are awesome! only took me a bunch of posts here to find the answers i was looking for , lol! 

i will do, thank you lots 🥰

There are many very knowledgeable people here, I don't use any other immigrations forum since I found this :) Just always keep in mind that most experiences are individual and every case is different (I guess what I'm trying to say is don't panic when you read about a bad experience, because you might experience quite the opposite at a similar stage).

If you're at NVC stage, join us here (and a May group will likely surface tomorrow)

Timeline
Just now, Cyberfx1024 said:

I completely understand trust me. That is why we are here to help and there is even a German part of VJ for people. So you are not alone. 

i was already looking under country specific threads and posts but there are only a few and some of them are my own, lol. 
i mean i just started and still have to learn alot of things here but i am also afraid to ask too much and get things back like, - there is already something online here - 

but i am just not in the mood to read through a bunch of posts, you know.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.