Justin & Sara

K1-Visa Entry in the US After the Executive Order on Immigration

64 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ECCK said:

I know!! I feel for you - all our plans have been thrown out the window! Here is the detail on the Qantas page (near the middle): https://www.qantas.com/au/en/travel-info/travel-updates/coronavirus/qantas-international-network-changes/additional-services.html I think you can just book them normally. They're pretty affordable but I think the catch is that they're full service. 

You are the best! Thank you Thank you Thank you! Best of luck with all the travelling!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, mandajoy98 said:

You are the best! Thank you Thank you Thank you! Best of luck with all the travelling!

Thank you!! Hope he'll be with you soon :) Good luck! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/14/2020 at 12:05 AM, Mark11 said:

Hi Justin/Sara and m911,

Thank you very much for posting your experiences -- this will be very helpful to my fiance' and others as well, I'm sure.  And thank you for posting the questions -- very useful information.

I'm very happy to hear that you both made it into the U.S. with no problems.

Good luck with your future lives together, and to Sara and m911 -- welcome to the USA -- we're glad to have you here.

--Mark (and Sandra)

You are welcome! I'm glad we were able to help! I wish you and your fiance all the best!

Timeline
7 hours ago, DianaT said:

Same situation. 

Hello DianaT,

My fiance made it here on May 9th. She said that they checked her temperature before she left Brazil. When she arrived in Houston, they didn't do any medical screen. Immigrations asked her a lot of questions about me and our relationship, then she entered in to the US.

Here are the questions that they asked her:

1. How old is your fiance?
2. Where did we meet?
3. Where are you going ?
4. What date would I get married?

5. When was the first time your fiancé went to Brazil?
6. When was the last one?
7. When did he propose to me?
8. How long have we been together?

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Justin

Timeline
2 minutes ago, OliaNaumchuk said:

Congratulations Justin and Sara! You are so lucky to be together during this crazy time.

Thank you @OliaNaumchuk! Yes so grateful that we can be together during this crazy time! It was not easy, after two canceled flights, I just keep being persistent on getting her here and it worked out!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

I will be traveling from Mexico City to the US on May 20th and entering with a K-1 visa. Hope everything works out fine!! My fiancé is here with me so we will be entering together. Gives me a tad more confidence

Timeline
5 hours ago, Ela S. said:

I will be traveling from Mexico City to the US on May 20th and entering with a K-1 visa. Hope everything works out fine!! My fiancé is here with me so we will be entering together. Gives me a tad more confidence

@Ela S. yes everything will be fine especially since you are there with your fiance! I wishing you both all the best! :)

15 hours ago, Justin & Sara said:

Hello DianaT,

My fiance made it here on May 9th. She said that they checked her temperature before she left Brazil. When she arrived in Houston, they didn't do any medical screen. Immigrations asked her a lot of questions about me and our relationship, then she entered in to the US.

Here are the questions that they asked her:

1. How old is your fiance?
2. Where did we meet?
3. Where are you going ?
4. What date would I get married?

5. When was the first time your fiancé went to Brazil?
6. When was the last one?
7. When did he propose to me?
8. How long have we been together?

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Justin

I really appreciate you letting me know. I am checking this info for my sister, she also coming as a k1 visa,  she doesn't speak English. When I came to USA, 4 years ago, immigration didn't ask me any question in L.A.X airport. My sis will have her conect flight in Houston as well. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, DianaT said:

I really appreciate you letting me know. I am checking this info for my sister, she also coming as a k1 visa,  she doesn't speak English. When I came to USA, 4 years ago, immigration didn't ask me any question in L.A.X airport. My sis will have her conect flight in Houston as well. 

You are welcome! What language does your sister speak? My fiance only speaks a little English, but immigrations spoke to her in Portuguese! She also said the guy spoke Spanish too! I wish your sister all the best! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 hours ago, Ela S. said:

Have a safe flight! Good luck!!

On 5/14/2020 at 12:05 AM, Mark11 said:

Hi Justin/Sara and m911,

Thank you very much for posting your experiences -- this will be very helpful to my fiance' and others as well, I'm sure.  And thank you for posting the questions -- very useful information.

I'm very happy to hear that you both made it into the U.S. with no problems.

Good luck with your future lives together, and to Sara and m911 -- welcome to the USA -- we're glad to have you here.

--Mark (and Sandra)

Mark (and Sandra), I would highly recommend that you guys bump-up your travel plans immediately.

Now that Brazil has turned into the No 3 country for COVID infections, the Trump administration is now considering a ban on all travel from Brazil. You can read more here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzannerowankelleher/2020/05/20/trump-is-considering-a-travel-ban-on-brazil-now-no-3-for-covid-19-deaths/#1240d45a28f6

If I were you, I'd hurriedly get my finance a flight within the next week (or sooner).

~ Cheers

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, vincentlina said:

Mark (and Sandra), I would highly recommend that you guys bump-up your travel plans immediately.

Now that Brazil has turned into the No 3 country for COVID infections, the Trump administration is now considering a ban on all travel from Brazil. You can read more here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzannerowankelleher/2020/05/20/trump-is-considering-a-travel-ban-on-brazil-now-no-3-for-covid-19-deaths/#1240d45a28f6

If I were you, I'd hurriedly get my finance a flight within the next week (or sooner).

~ Cheers

Vincentlina,

Thank you for the heads-up.  Yep, we're watching this VERY CLOSELY and are very nervous.  Sandra still has a lot of important details to complete in Brazil (for example, finishing a dental implant, final tax exit interview, etc.), but we're quickly formulating "Emergency Plan B" in which she grabs her toothbrush and heads to the airport !

Thanks for the good advice, and taking the time to post a message about this..

Sincerely,

Mark

On 5/19/2020 at 1:40 PM, Justin & Sara said:

You are welcome! What language does your sister speak? My fiance only speaks a little English, but immigrations spoke to her in Portuguese! She also said the guy spoke Spanish too! I wish your sister all the best! 

Thank you for replying back, She speaks Portuguese, now my new concern is, very soon U.S will shut down all flights from Brazil. She is planning to come on the 29th. 😓

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.