2,698 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, Fennik said:

I'd appreciate some guidance on reaching out to the congress person. I am not yet planning to do that, but it would be a new experience for me. Do you have any thoughts?

I would check out your local congressman's website and see what they need from you in order to help you. I'm not sure what they might exactly need but I know a job offer helps. It has showed that it helped a lot of people on here who were stuck.

Have you also tried putting in an inquiry with uscis?

1 minute ago, Linnn said:

I would check out your local congressman's website and see what they need from you in order to help you. I'm not sure what they might exactly need but I know a job offer helps. It has showed that it helped a lot of people on here who were stuck.

Have you also tried putting in an inquiry with uscis?

More than once, unfortunately they blatantly ignore them per their own website. I will check out the local congress persons page and see if that offers any help.

1010757816_ScreenShot2020-09-26at10_15_40AM.thumb.png.03c55d37203290bb3d00d4419b26c1ef.png

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Fennik said:

More than once, unfortunately they blatantly ignore them per their own website. I will check out the local congress persons page and see if that offers any help.

1010757816_ScreenShot2020-09-26at10_15_40AM.thumb.png.03c55d37203290bb3d00d4419b26c1ef.png

Oh man 🙁 that might be your only way of getting to the next step. Keeping my fingers crossed 🙏🏼

7 minutes ago, Linnn said:

Oh man 🙁 that might be your only way of getting to the next step. Keeping my fingers crossed 🙏🏼

Just found the website and it looks like I can have them reach out to USCIS for me. I will just provide the evidence that I have reached out several times and that they are ignoring me attempts to get an update. I intend to work on this today! Thanks for the recommendation. It may or may not help but I am willing to try anything at this point.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Fennik said:

Just found the website and it looks like I can have them reach out to USCIS for me. I will just provide the evidence that I have reached out several times and that they are ignoring me attempts to get an update. I intend to work on this today! Thanks for the recommendation. It may or may not help but I am willing to try anything at this point.

It helped a lot of people, just try it and see! I'm sure they will be able to help. Your last resort might be a lawyer.

Good luck!! 🍀

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
16 hours ago, PatrickKD said:

Update:

09/25: Card was mailed to me 

🥳

@PatrickKD we are still going neck to neck with you😀

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi guys,

I received my SSN on Saturday Sept 26th, 2020.

I travelled and my husband received it in our mailbox. He made it a surprise by not telling me via phone call until I got home last night.

Glory!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Finally, today we got the message New Card is Being Produced. My only concern is USCIS didn't mention I-131 at all and still shows Case Was Received since April 29. I hope we would get the combo card.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.