dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2020

804 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello everyone Mayb someone can help answer this question for me... so my husband and I were trin to fill out his employment and schooling on the ds260 but it keeps refreshing And not saving the information if we take some time.. Does anybody knw how to work around this ?? It’s gettin frustrating..

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Stefanie1 said:

Hello everyone Mayb someone can help answer this question for me... so my husband and I were trin to fill out his employment and schooling on the ds260 but it keeps refreshing And not saving the information if we take some time.. Does anybody knw how to work around this ?? It’s gettin frustrating..

that's common. I suggest saving after every entry. No workaround afaik :( 

Timeline
Just now, Quarknase said:

that's common. I suggest saving after every entry. No workaround afaik :( 

Yes I was saving but it still wasn’t sayin thn it just went out completely.. so r u familiar w the burden time?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Stefanie1 said:

Yes I was saving but it still wasn’t sayin thn it just went out completely.. so r u familiar w the burden time?

yes, I believe you won't find anyone here who isn't familiar with it :) Be patient, try to save after every entry, never let a page open for 5 minutes without typing and immediately saving the new entry...

On 4/27/2020 at 6:15 PM, Katie & Camilo said:

You may want to file married filing separately for now and as soon as it is accepted by the IRS, you'll be able to get the 2019 tax transcript online. Then, when spouse gets into the US, you could amend your 2019 taxes to married filing jointly (easily & not expensive btw) for a bigger refund since she'll have her ss# then. That's what I did.

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and in similar situation. I submitted documents to NVC on April 7, waiting for DQ. However I have a question little bit off the topic, thought to ask if anyone can help answer.

I filed 2019 tax return as married filing jointly with non resident alien spouse ITIN, wife is currently not in US since her file is at NVC stage. So being US Citizen am I entitled to stimulus payment from COVID relief. I have not received probably because wife was in tax return with ITIN, but should I even receive 1200 for myself. So far I have not received direct deposit and IRS get my payment shows no match found. Has anyone experience similar or know more about it? Appreciate your responses. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Quarknase said:

yes, I believe you won't find anyone here who isn't familiar with it :) Be patient, try to save after every entry, never let a page open for 5 minutes without typing and immediately saving the new entry...

Thk you for ur advice 🙂..

Timeline
On 4/2/2020 at 4:29 AM, David Utomi said:

Hi Everyone,

We submitted all our documents(AOS & Civil) on 30th March.

However, there is an additional documents we want to upload and submit but we have been having an error since yesterday whenever we trying uploading

Thats the error below...  Does this mean one can no longer upload and submit an additional document after the initial submissions?

image.thumb.png.768451e0b0b57b87390fdb19fee371f7.png

I’m getting tht same error but this is my first time submitting the i864 form .. Was u able to submit?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
59 minutes ago, VP6672 said:

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and in similar situation. I submitted documents to NVC on April 7, waiting for DQ. However I have a question little bit off the topic, thought to ask if anyone can help answer.

I filed 2019 tax return as married filing jointly with non resident alien spouse ITIN, wife is currently not in US since her file is at NVC stage. So being US Citizen am I entitled to stimulus payment from COVID relief. I have not received probably because wife was in tax return with ITIN, but should I even receive 1200 for myself. So far I have not received direct deposit and IRS get my payment shows no match found. Has anyone experience similar or know more about it? Appreciate your responses. 

Unfortunately, both spouses have to have a SSN in order for you to get a stimulus check. If you filed married and your spouse only has a ITIN, you’re not eligible for it.

11 hours ago, hilary979 said:

DQ!

NOA1: early January 2019

NOA2: late December 2019

NVC case created: early Feb 2020

NVC submission: Feb 15 2020

DQ: April 28 2020 (10 weeks)

I'd echo someone else's statement above about not getting overwrought reading the forums and freaking out when you see weird things happening with other people's cases. I only came to this forum after we had submitted our documents and as I was reading, I eventually convinced myself that we'd get an RFE because of some tiny mistake. We had to submit a lot of documentation because my husband has moved a lot internationally for work, plus I had to include documentation for U.S.  domicile (I've been living abroad with him and working remotely for my U.S. employer while we wait) and for AOS (I couldn't get tax transcripts due to foreign address on most recent tax return, so I had boatloads of 1099s and w-2s for the 3 years of tax returns; I used the 864EZ form). Plus we made a typo on the DS-260 form that we had to leave a comment to correct. I was sure we'd get rejected for something.

However, we met the requirements without question, we followed the instructions as we understood them from the forms, and we gave a full picture of our financial/domicile information, and that was enough, thank goodness! 

I don't want to offend anyone who is genuinely distraught by the process or has personally experienced the negative effects of some mishandling of their case--clearly that does happen sometimes--how often, we don't know. And this "keep calm" message is definitely a hindsight kind of thing, so take it as you will. Still, if I could do it again, after I submitted my documents, I'd stay away from this forum, kind and supportive and generous with their time as everyone is :)  It would have been better for my anxiety, and kept me from catastrophizing my own case when there was nothing I could do about it!

Well said . 100% this. I submitted already and will stay away for good. Majority of people are given good information. Only “some “ pull up things from no where and scared people without solid evidence once in a while and caused panic. Unless you really call nvc , speak with a supervisor, you won’t get a full and proper answer. 

Edited by VTimmy

4 hours ago, Nenz.i said:

Hello wonderful people,

I have another question. Are 2 bills sent for my house proof enough for U.S. domicile? 

Hello, 

yes, Utilities bills showing your name and address can be used as a Proof of Domicile.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello,

Just got an RFE today 29 April.

First Submission was 30 March

All our documents has been accepted except the AOS form...

This what they said -  "If you have returned your original form to us, these are the items that are still incorrect or missing. If you need another form, please visit http://nvc.state.gov/visa/aos to download a new form and complete instructions. Please sign and date this by hand in Part 8, Lines 6.a. and 6.b., and replace this form." 

Now remember i said earlier we signed electronically i guess thats why it was rejected though the message doesnt specifically say so. Please is there more to that message? bcos its not very clear. 

Thanks for your help.

Edited by David Utomi

Timeline
53 minutes ago, David Utomi said:

Please sign and date this by hand in Part 8, Lines 6.a. and 6.b., and replace this form." 

Hey,

Sorry for the news - but at least they reviewed it early, since you "just" filed :) Keep your head up, sounds like an easy fix.

The quoted part states pretty clear what they want you to do - sign by hand (not a digital signature) so your assumption seems to be right. Maybe double check that you are using the latest version of the form on USCIS website before you re-submit, to ensure you're not using an outdated version.

Edited by Quarknase

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.