dwheels76

NVC Filers - April 2020

804 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Jmeleecur said:

After holding for almost an hour a woman came on the line, I explained what had happened and that their request for an unexpired document wasn't correct since his passport is valid through 2027.

She put me on a brief hold, came back on the line and said that she emailed her supervisor, she saw that the document clearly lists a valid date, this is a very 'cut and dry' , and while sometimes it can take up to 6 weeks for review (😵) that doesn't mean it will.

She said I do not need to take any action and just wait for an email back from them.

I really hope I don't have to be on edge for awhile waiting for their reply. 🙏🙏

Though, I am grateful to know all other documents are good to go!

I'll keep everyone posted when I hear back.

That is so annoying! I am sorry. I wish they could of had the supervisor talk to you on the phone (like I have read in other cases) to get it sorted for you right then and there. So sorry and I am rooting for you!!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
16 minutes ago, TamMhmd said:

That is so annoying! I am sorry. I wish they could of had the supervisor talk to you on the phone (like I have read in other cases) to get it sorted for you right then and there. So sorry and I am rooting for you!!

Thank you so much! I was thinking to ask to speak to the supervisor, but she was very straight and to the point and matter of fact, and seemed to know what she was talking about, and apologetic. So hopefully it's not to long of a wait! 🤞🤞🤞

Timeline
1 minute ago, Makeitgood said:

DQ today! First submission on November 19 and 2nd submission on February 3.           Country: Canada

Woohoo congratulations 🎉👏🎉👏

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Makeitgood said:

DQ today! First submission on November 19 and 2nd submission on February 3.           Country: Canada

Congrats!

did you get an RFE on first submission? If so mind letting me know what it was for?

I’m trying to send everything out by this weekend (Canada too) and I’m nervous about getting an RFE given that the delays are already so long!

thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, BunyanP said:

Congrats!

did you get an RFE on first submission? If so mind letting me know what it was for?

I’m trying to send everything out by this weekend (Canada too) and I’m nervous about getting an RFE given that the delays are already so long!

thanks!

Invalid document - Wrong Canadian police certificate. Just went to the local police station to have one made instead of going to the commissioners for a proper one. 

Hi guys! I’ve heard a few people on here say they’ve submitted their case without the police certificate and wrote that they couldn’t get one due to the lockdown. 

What are your guy’s thoughts, is it safe to submit w/o one and just hope they don’t create an RFE or wait till offices open...given we have no idea when...

Thanks in advance! 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Sophie11 said:

Hi guys! I’ve heard a few people on here say they’ve submitted their case without the police certificate and wrote that they couldn’t get one due to the lockdown. 

What are your guy’s thoughts, is it safe to submit w/o one and just hope they don’t create an RFE or wait till offices open...given we have no idea when...

Thanks in advance! 

I think, if I were in this position, I would submit and upload everything without the police clearance and wait and see. I feel like either way, you have to wait. What's the harm in trying? 🤷 That's my opinion, idk if there's any absolute answer since so much is unknown. Let us Know what you decide to do!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 4/14/2020 at 2:40 PM, two_black_cats said:

I wasn`t able to modify the documents I had submitted, but I was able to add new ones

On 4/14/2020 at 12:10 PM, Cristina280390 said:

You can add documents but I don't think it lets you modify them. They need to be first reviewed and then if will give you the option the delete and reupload them. What I've read some people do is add document under the category other and in the comments they explain that is the correct form. Keep in mind that if you add documents your submission date might change to the most recent submission.

Once a document is submitted you will not be able to modify it. You may certainly submit new documents but keep in mind that will push you back.

Hi,  I couldn’t get the police certificate from the state police in Mexico City on time, now everything is close due coved-19 with no given date for reopening. 

I’m waiting for the payment of fees are processed. I wrote a letter explaining the situation and I will upload it and check that documents in no available.

also I’m saying that I will be bringing it to the interview.

have anyone had this same scenario?

thanks!

1 hour ago, David G said:

Hi,  I couldn’t get the police certificate from the state police in Mexico City on time, now everything is close due coved-19 with no given date for reopening. 

I’m waiting for the payment of fees are processed. I wrote a letter explaining the situation and I will upload it and check that documents in no available.

also I’m saying that I will be bringing it to the interview.

have anyone had this same scenario?

thanks!

Not personally, but have seen others write about this on Facebook groups with reasonable amounts of success.

Hi , i need help with i864 . On the line saying 3 recent tax years . I only have 2018  (Irs backlog 2019) and 2016 tax . 2017 i was full time student .  Do i need to tick on the box that say “ i was not require to file ... “  and attach copy to explain i was full time student and wasn’t required to file tax. Thank

Hi guys I have a question about affidavit of support.  Do I have to send all documents of affidavit support by mail or  I have to scan and submit online. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.