metacronym

Anyone else have their AOS appointment cancelled due to COVID-19?

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 hours ago, metacronym said:

We also went this morning. We actually had the interview with the person that left the voicemail.

How do you know you were approved? Did the officer say you were?

Yes. He told me right away. And my interview is for N400. for citizen.

5/27/2014 - I-129f sent

6/5/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy - CSC

6/20/2014 - CSC Status changed to " Post Decision Activity "

6/25/2014 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received

7/8/2014 - NVC Left

7/11/2014 - Taiwan Consulate Received

7/14/2014 - Packet 3 Received

7/15/2014 - Medical Exam

7/31/2014 - Interview day ( waiting..... (L) )

7/31/2014- VISA APPROVED!!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Liflead said:

Was the interview for AOS?

It’s for N400. Citizenship 

2 hours ago, Liflead said:

Was the interview for AOS?

5/27/2014 - I-129f sent

7/8/2014 - NVC Left

7/15/2014 - Medical Exam

3 hours ago, Liflead said:

Sorry to hear that your appointment got cancelled. Our appointment is in few days. We haven't heard anything yet from USCIS.

When did you hear from them? How many days before your appointment?

As said later, we went anyway and did the interview. If you don't hear from them, then I would assume your appointment is still good to go

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
20 hours ago, metacronym said:

As said later, we went anyway and did the interview. If you don't hear from them, then I would assume your appointment is still good to go

Congratulations 🎉

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
13 hours ago, metacronym said:

USCIS has ceased all in-person services effective immediately until at least April 1st (not a joke).

This seems really misleading. Right at the top it says: "Below, we list offices that are closed or have temporarily changed hours. This information can change quickly, so please check this page on the day of your appointment for any office closures or other important information." 

It only lists two CA offices when you click open the "Field Offices" tab. Are other offices still open?? We have our interview scheduled on March 31st. We haven't heard anything about it getting canceled but of COURSE USCIS has the incorrect address on file for us (even though we changed it and double checked this change after moving last August) so now I'm panicking about not getting a notice (our original interview notice never arrived -USCIS had to email us a copy). 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife's I-485 Adjustment of Status Interview was cancelled at the Detroit Field Office.

Our interview was scheduled for yesterday 3/17/2020, she received a call from the field office and then a follow up e-mail that it was cancelled and said they would mail out a cancellation letter. Calling the Contact Center gave no information as the Detroit Field Office was not listed as being closed and the interview was not listed as being cancelled or re-scheduled.

We showed up anyways yesterday just to be sure and we were informed by a floor supervisor that it was indeed cancelled along with almost all other I-485 interviews at the Detroit Field Office except under certain circumstances, they could give us no information on when the interview would be re-scheduled but were assured that the cancelled appointments would be re-scheduled and processed first when they re-open.

It is frustrating to wait months and have it cancelled the day before, the supervisor stated that they were cancelling appointments the day the directive came down. So i'm sure it was frustrating for people that showed up with no notice that their interview was cancelled as they were driving there or in the waiting room.

I have an interview this coming Tuesday, I checked the field office and it says it’s closed but haven’t received an email/vociemail/mail... I’m going to go just incase though.

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 3/16/2020 at 3:34 PM, metacronym said:

We also went this morning. We actually had the interview with the person that left the voicemail.

How do you know you were approved? Did the officer say you were?

Sorry for the super late replied. Just saw all these now. And yes, the interview officer told me I was approved also give me a paper proved that approved. And have to bring that paper to the oath ceremony... but I haven’t been getting any oath ceremony letter at all, i think  the San Diego office hasn’t fully back on oath ceremony yet 😭😭😭

hopefully you already got the interview and approved by now !!💪

5/27/2014 - I-129f sent

7/8/2014 - NVC Left

7/15/2014 - Medical Exam

On 6/12/2020 at 4:02 AM, AshleyHsu said:

Sorry for the super late replied. Just saw all these now. And yes, the interview officer told me I was approved also give me a paper proved that approved. And have to bring that paper to the oath ceremony... but I haven’t been getting any oath ceremony letter at all, i think  the San Diego office hasn’t fully back on oath ceremony yet 😭😭😭

hopefully you already got the interview and approved by now !!💪

Yes, we were approved weeks later, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/18/2020 at 9:47 PM, SeanK said:

I have an interview this coming Tuesday, I checked the field office and it says it’s closed but haven’t received an email/vociemail/mail... I’m going to go just incase though.

hey Sean, any update on your interview? I had a scheduled interview last March 19, sadly the office was closed. i also did not receive any mail from them..

02/12/2018- Mailed the Documents to USCIS

On 3/18/2020 at 7:47 PM, SeanK said:

how do you know you have an interview when office is closed ? did you get a notice ?

duh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.