metacronym

Anyone else have their AOS appointment cancelled due to COVID-19?

34 posts in this topic

On 6/26/2020 at 10:27 AM, James120383 said:

how do you know you have an interview when office is closed ? did you get a notice ?

This was right before offices all closing due to COVID and I received a scheduled interview date a month before, and then I received an interview cancellation letter the day before the interview, People were still being advised to go incase they didn’t have a confirmed cancellation

Edited by SeanK

On 6/26/2020 at 10:08 AM, FemmeFatal said:

hey Sean, any update on your interview? I had a scheduled interview last March 19, sadly the office was closed. i also did not receive any mail from them..

Nope :’( reverted back to ‘ready to be scheduled an interview’ and haven’t heard anything since besides a cancellation letter, I’m going to assume it’ll be a while until I have mine rescheduled. 

37 minutes ago, SeanK said:

This was right before offices all closing due to COVID and I received a scheduled interview date a month before, and then I received an interview cancellation letter the day before the interview, People were still being advised to go incase they didn’t have a confirmed cancellation

USCIS has clearly told not to show up without an interview notice after COVID. I dont know who is advising these things 

duh

1 hour ago, James120383 said:

USCIS has clearly told not to show up without an interview notice after COVID. I dont know who is advising these things 

This was literally a day or two before it was decided all offices were closing, people were calling USCIS offices and they were told they were still open at the time. I’m not saying people are advising currently? As for the interview letter, I received one in February for an interview for March, that’s how I knew I had an interview.

Edited by SeanK

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.