Chicken7585

I-751 (Removal of Conditions) April 2020 Filers (merged)

1,211 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Daneandkathy said:

Hey all we are looking to move in the next few months. Really hoping the 10yr green card will come before the move, however, our present address is my parents house. Do you think it is ok to keep this as our mailing address instead of having to change everything to a new address in a different state? 

Thanks 

Kathy and Dane 

We are in the same boat- looking to move out by July time. We also live at a parents address. I would adjust it because worst case it would end up back at your parents house. At least they would be there and you know them! Unless you are moving out of state... not sure how that would impact it. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Hamilton said:

Well, as a green card holder, you're supposed to update your address with USCIS within 10 days of moving. I know that increases the chances of things getting sent to the wrong/old address.

I moved during the process and updated my address, and my card did successfully get delivered at the new address -- but I'm just one data point. And I'm a rule follower 😂 

I am too, don't worry. Just so frustrating because there is no movement at all online for MSC and I am just so nervous I will change the address right as they send it with my luck and totally throw everything into disarray. 

Timeline

MSC filers anyone out there??? Has anyone had movement past "Case was received", so frustrating. I don't even know if they are using biometrics and it has been 11mths since I sent in the application. 

9 hours ago, Daneandkathy said:

MSC filers anyone out there??? Has anyone had movement past "Case was received", so frustrating. I don't even know if they are using biometrics and it has been 11mths since I sent in the application. 

Yes i am one of them i just checked my status now and got surprised that finally my case is ready to be scheduled for interview.

0830627F-8A32-42A2-81CD-3F4E6EA67848.jpeg

Edited by URr97

Timeline
5 hours ago, URr97 said:

Yes i am one of them i just checked my status now and got surprised that finally my case is ready to be scheduled for interview.

That's fantastic! I just checked mine but still "Case Received".... but hopefully sometime soon! Just happy to hear there are some MSC filers that are moving forward

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/28/2021 at 3:46 PM, Sarah_k92 said:

I’m sure it will all be in the letter for you. But definitely take the copies of your application  that you sent. Plus I would add any new information like taxes, any extra photos, anything that you feel has changed to help your case. I honestly feel like formality and everything will be just fine! 

I sent about a 800 page file to USCIS that included everything - taxes, photos, bank statements, insurance cards etc. Do I have to print everything again as that's too much to.print at this point.

I was thinking of taking things that changed - taxes, photos, bought a house and docs related to it, original marriage certificate, GC and passports

Timeline
On 3/2/2021 at 3:48 AM, Sarah_k92 said:

We are in the same boat- looking to move out by July time. We also live at a parents address. I would adjust it because worst case it would end up back at your parents house. At least they would be there and you know them! Unless you are moving out of state... not sure how that would impact it. 

We are moving out of state, from Oregon to South Carolina. I am nervous if we have to rent first if we don't find a house. So many hurdles to get this all done.... as it is our file still says "case received" 

2 hours ago, Daneandkathy said:

We are moving out of state, from Oregon to South Carolina. I am nervous if we have to rent first if we don't find a house. So many hurdles to get this all done.... as it is our file still says "case received" 

Hmmm I remember on the form it asked if you had a mailing address and with care of section. Do you remember filling that out? I filled it out as my mother in laws house as we were renting and like you said moving ect. So all the mail comes to her address. If you filled that out- you might not need to worry so much?! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 3/3/2021 at 1:04 AM, URr97 said:

I am a June MSC filer and haven't received anything except the extension letter. My local office is NY/NJ area. Where is your local office? 

My timeline

ROC

6-08-20 I-751 Package sent

6-09-20 I-751 Package received 

06-15-20 Received text with receipt number (MSC-XXX)

06-16-20 Check cashed 

07-09-20 Called USCIS to enquire about NOA-1. Was told it was sent on 07-01-20.

07-11-20 Received 18-month extension letter NOA dated 06-30-20

05-03-20 Received Biometric Appointment scheduled for May24th (NY/NJ area)

CR-1

6-16-17 I-130 sent 

6-20-17 received NOA 1 Texas Service Center

1-24-18 NOA 2 approved 

2-23-18 NVC Received my case

3-30-18 Case Number Assigned

4-3-18 Welcome Letter email from NVC

4-4-18 Paid AOS and IV Fees 

4-10-18 Sent AOS package and Civil Documents 

4-11-18 NVC Processed all fees and Completed D260 form 

4-12-18 NVC Received packet 

4-13-18 NVC Scanned all documents

4-25-18 Case Complete at NVC ("At NVC")

4-26-18 Interview Scheduled (I called to find out

4-28-18 Received P4 from NVC

6-15-18 Interview Date! 

221G given on interview

6-26-18 Issued (Finally!)

Timeline
17 hours ago, Sarah_k92 said:

Hmmm I remember on the form it asked if you had a mailing address and with care of section. Do you remember filling that out? I filled it out as my mother in laws house as we were renting and like you said moving ect. So all the mail comes to her address. If you filled that out- you might not need to worry so much?! 

Since we are residing at the house as our permanent residence we never filled out that form. I think what we may do is wait a few months to apply for his citizenship (also saves the money till we are settled in South Carolina), then we will hopefully have the 10yr green card by then and can apply and change address at the same time. Thanks for the advice. 

1 hour ago, rajeejunie said:

I am a June MSC filer and haven't received anything except the extension letter. My local office is NY/NJ area. Where is your local office? 

I am an April filer for MSC and only have "case received and the extension letter". My local office is Portland, Oregon. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello everyone! 

Check your green card dates when you get it, It turns out that the 'resident since' date on my 10- year card  was the date when I applied for my removal of conditions rather than the date I became a permanent resident in 2018. So, I filed I-90 online and called USCIS and requested expedited processing for my replacement green card due to USCIS error. 

25 minutes ago, Pee&Eee said:

Hello everyone! 

Check your green card dates when you get it, It turns out that the 'resident since' date on my 10- year card  was the date when I applied for my removal of conditions rather than the date I became a permanent resident in 2018. So, I filed I-90 online and called USCIS and requested expedited processing for my replacement green card due to USCIS error. 

That's annoying, sorry to hear. Thank you for the heads up.

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

13 minutes ago, SGM1928 said:

Hello,

We had our interview yesterday and by evening our status changed to card being produced. We are an April MSC filer.

Congratulations! Happy for you but I am a bit jealous, I must admit 😇

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

SRC I-751 Case here filed April 1, 2020 and my case has only updated with my old biometrics. No other updates for 286 days.

I know lots of people have already received their 10 year GCs (including folks who filed as recently as November 2020) but I'm really frustrated. I filed my N-400 application last week even though my I-751 has not been adjudicated yet.

Anyone else want to report back on their progress?

Removal of Conditions Timeline

03/31/20    - Sent ROC package to Dallas, TX by USPS. 

04/02/20    - Delivered to Dallas, TX by USPS.  

04/08/20    - Received text message from USCIS stating original receipt to follow in mail and a receipt number starting with SRC

04/09/20    - Check for $680 cashed for USCIS Dallas

04/13/20    - Received I-797 NOA for I751 ROC which extends expired Green Card by 18 months

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.