MarryMe987654

Going Home

28 posts in this topic

Before the corona virus news broke out, me and my husband were planning to go to the Philippines in May for my brother's wedding. I have been saving up for it because after leaving for the US last year, I am excited to see everyone and reconnect with them after I got married.

The news about the virus is getting worse everyday and I don't know anyway around it. Grr... I am still in denial about cancelling plans.

For now, we are going to wait until April and see how things are going by then.

Thanks for letting me vent 😷

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

6 minutes ago, MarryMe987654 said:

Before the corona virus news broke out, me and my husband were planning to go to the Philippines in May for my brother's wedding. I have been saving up for it because after leaving for the US last year, I am excited to see everyone and reconnect with them after I got married.

The news about the virus is getting worse everyday and I don't know anyway around it. Grr... I am still in denial about cancelling plans.

Don't cancel plans.  How old are you and what is your health?  It is bad for the elderly but it isn't much worse than a minor cold for healthy adults.  Take precautions but don't let your life change that much.  It is real but with care and a healthy immune system you should be fine.  I have a friend going in April and my step daughter is going in June.  

If you have health issues and immune issues then definitely do not go.  If you are healthy use hand sanitizer and be careful what you touch but go on with your life.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
31 minutes ago, MarryMe987654 said:

Read the Philippines travel restrictions. They may have some quarantines in place or wont let you transit through certain airports. I will be more restrictive for your husband. 

Timeline
Philippines

• Anyone who has traveled from Gyeongbuk/Daegu/Cheongdo in Korea is not permitted to enter the Philippines. Nationals of Korea will need to have a Resident Registration Certificate in English. (as of Feb 29)

- permanent visa holders will be quarantined for 14 days.

• Anyone who has visited/transited in China, Hong Kong or Macau in the past 14 days is not permitted to enter/transit Philippines. 

[Exemptions] Permanent residents

1 hour ago, MarryMe987654 said:

It's safer in the Philippines compared to the US. Less deaths and less people have it. 

There are not much flights that avoid the restricted countries such as Japan (NRT), Korea (ICN) and China (HKG).

So far, I have been lucky and hasn't been sick since I got here.

My husband's more prone to getting sick but so far, we've been ok with a sick (cough) teenager at home.

My husband won't risk it and I don't want us to risk us getting sick either.

I told him we can wrap ourselves like lumpia and I'll be carrying hand sanitizers and disinfecting wipes but he thinks it's a joke. He don't like the idea of wearing mask either. He thinks it's so weird. I have traveled in most countries in Asia and it's perfectly normal to see people wear mask. I wear mask when I travel on planes. I'd really rather be odd than sick.

New Petition:

Apr 5,  2023: Naturalization

Apr 6, 2023: I-130 for my mother

Apr 6, 2023: NOA1

Apr 9, 2024: Approved

Apr 13, 2024: Sent to NVC

Apr 18, 2024: Received email fr NVC and paid the AOS/IV fee

3 hours ago, MarryMe987654 said:

We are looking to travel back in June with a few day stop in Japan.  We haven't pulled the trigger on the tickets yet. 

Finally done.

Timeline
2 hours ago, user555 said:

It's safer in the Philippines compared to the US. Less deaths and less people have it. 

You're making a very big assumption that the Philippines has correctly and completely identified any and all of their Coronavirus cases. And if you think that you stand a better chance of recovering in a Filipino hospital versus a US one, I'd venture to guess you've never been in a situation where you've had to try both options 🙄. I love the Philippines, but comparing healthcare in a 3rd world developing country to the US is asinine.  

Their have been 14 confirmed COVID-19 deaths in the US. 11 of them occurred in the same elderly home in Washington state. The US is a big country. Wash your hands, you'll be fine. 

3 minutes ago, Ryan & Keyh said:

You're making a very big assumption that the Philippines has correctly and completely identified any and all of their Coronavirus cases. And if you think that you stand a better chance of recovering in a Filipino hospital versus a US one, I'd venture to guess you've never been in a situation where you've had to try both options 🙄. I love the Philippines, but comparing healthcare in a 3rd world developing country to the US is asinine.  

Their have been 14 confirmed COVID-19 deaths in the US. 11 of them occurred in the same elderly home in Washington state. The US is a big country. Wash your hands, you'll be fine. 

What makes you think that the US has correctly and completely identified any and all of their Coronavirus cases? You can't. You can only look at the facts about what has been reported so far. You can turn a blind eye to the facts, but then that's on you. It doesn't matter where you recover. There is no vaccine. It's either that your immune system can fight or it it can't. If the virus gets inside of you, it doesn't matter what country or hospital you're in. There is no cure right now. Please update this thread again when the Philippines has more cases and more deaths than the US.   

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Ryan & Keyh said:

I know of three world class hospitals in the Philippines ... one is a Mayo  affiliate 

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 hours ago, user555 said:

What makes you think that the US has correctly and completely identified any and all of their Coronavirus cases? You can't. You can only look at the facts about what has been reported so far. You can turn a blind eye to the facts, but then that's on you. It doesn't matter where you recover. There is no vaccine. It's either that your immune system can fight or it it can't. If the virus gets inside of you, it doesn't matter what country or hospital you're in. There is no cure right now. Please update this thread again when the Philippines has more cases and more deaths than the US.   

Here's some facts:

Currently, the Philippines Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM) has a single WHO certified lab  that can test for 2019-nCoV. That lab is using primers from a referral laboratory in Japan, of which they've admitted they have a limited supply.

In contrast, the US has 69 local and state public health WHO Certified labs that can test for 2019-nCoV.  There are 12 additional labs in the verification progress, three of which should be testing by this weekend.

The Philippines doesn't have access to the rapid diagnostic testing (RDT) kits used by countries like South Korea to identify Coronavirus cases. As a result,  Health Secretary for the Philippines has been facing a lot of criticism for not testing a larger part of the population for possible infection. In comparison, South Korea, where a total of 5,621 people have caught 2019-nCoV, has been testing its residents by the thousands every day. "A feat the Philippines just isn't capable of doing for now." -  Health Secretary Francisco Duque III

There were two new cases reported yesterday of people who tested positive for 2019-nCoV AFTER returning to their country from the Philippines:

https://cnnphilippines.com/news/2020/3/5/Woman-who-traveled-to-Philippines-tests-positive-coronavirus-Australia-.html 

So yeah, I think the US is better equipped to correctly and completely identify Coronavirus cases than the Philippines. 

I'm fairly certain we all know there's no vaccine yet. However, if you think healthcare played no part in the recovery of over 56,000 people from 2019-nCoV , then you're not understanding how this virus works. An early CT scan of the lungs can spot pneumonia which is a defining characteristic of this virus. Supportive treatment can be conducted to help stabilize the patient and treat the symptoms. Lives have been saved as a result of hospitals administering antibiotics to treat bacterial co-infections. A well equipped hospital can offer this and we have many more options in the US.

Once again, I ask: Have you ever had to use a hospital in the Philippines? I've been coming to this country since 1995 and have found myself in a hospital on more than once occasion. While things have certainly improved in the last 25 years, this country is in NO position to battle a pandemic of these proportions. Quality healthcare is available but it's not in every city or province. Whether you want to believe it or not, it's a high risk country. Part of that risk comes from the 150,000+ POGO workers from China and the 300,000 OFWs who live and work in China. It's a revolving door in Manila.      

Edited by Ryan & Keyh

Timeline
8 hours ago, MarryMe987654 said:

I just returned from the Philippines last week after spending two weeks visiting my fiance. I am absolutely not worried about any virus and I believe as long as your health is good you should not have any worries either. 

7 hours ago, user555 said:

Ok.... that's why people have been coming FROM the supppsed virus free Philippines only to be admitted in to the country they travelled to shortly after arriving in that country with the corona virus

7 hours ago, user555 said:

I fear that the Philippine cases are grossly under reported/diagnosed. I read a report yesterday that only 500 people have been tested nation wide. That said my wife is going back soon to visit her family. If you are healthy and take reasonable precautions you should be ok....

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

4 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

supppsed virus free Philippines

Where did you come up with that? Nobody has never been claimed. There have been confirmed cases in the Philippines and at least 1 death (a Chinese man from Wuhan flew to the Philippines and died there). 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.