nana_123

Refused after Administrative Processing MEGATHREAD

291 posts in this topic

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We filed WOM after 6 months in AP, but we were out of AP within a month after filing, even before the first court hearing. So it could be due to WOM or not but filing WOM may help.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 7/29/2023 at 1:42 PM, SGtoMurica said:

Sorry I believe this is gaslighting. I have been waiting 80 days since my interview.

Any updates on your case?

I have been emailing them about every 10-14 days.  Anyone familiar with Argo Visa? 

They are ex COs they claim. They said in a couple videos letting sit is not the best idea either. 

I dunno I think they are right. These ppl get busy and things get buried. 

Have had a few date changes but nothing the last 2 weeks. 

23 hours ago, Hassan2020 said:

We filed WOM after 6 months in AP, but we were out of AP within a month after filing, even before the first court hearing. So it could be due to WOM or not but filing WOM may help.

Which law firm did you file with?

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

Has anyone here filed for Adjustment of Status (AOS) after their Immigrant case was placed in AP?

23 hours ago, Hassan2020 said:

Besides your passport and new medical exam, did the Consulate ask for any additional documents? 

Timeline
On 3/3/2020 at 12:04 PM, SusieQQQ said:

No, they don’t refuse visas because they are upset with you. They just wanted you to stop sending emails that don’t do anything but use up time. It’s not like they forget to work on cases where people don’t enquiry regularly and in any case, most of the checks being done for AP are not by the embassy itself but by DHS etc back in the US.

Interesting. There is a group of ex Officers that say the opposite of this. Anyone familiar with this Argo Visa group? 

They dont say to harrass the embassy but to keep in contact the right way. 

And they also say these "checks" are BS and that it is on hold until someone can make the decision? 

6 hours ago, stringpuller said:

Interesting. There is a group of ex Officers that say the opposite of this. Anyone familiar with this Argo Visa group? 

And they also say these "checks" are BS and that it is on hold until someone can make the decision? 

Yes, after speaking to 5 lawyers it seems like the consensus is that AP is a tactic to delay issuance of immigrant visa that began taking off more when Trump was in office.

USCIS doesn't apply AP to their cases, so that should tell you something.

Timeline
2 hours ago, SGtoMurica said:

Yes, after speaking to 5 lawyers it seems like the consensus is that AP is a tactic to delay issuance of immigrant visa that began taking off more when Trump was in office.

USCIS doesn't apply AP to their cases, so that should tell you something.

I don't quite follow what you mean. Satire or not. 

It is a legit question. I watched their videos and they said these things. 

Do you think they are trying to deceive ppl?  

Edited by stringpuller

2 hours ago, stringpuller said:

I don't quite follow what you mean. Satire or not. 

It is a legit question. I watched their videos and they said these things. 

Do you think they are trying to deceive ppl?  

I don't think they are trying to deceive people, as much as dragging this process out longer than is necessary. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, SGtoMurica said:

I don't think they are trying to deceive people, as much as dragging this process out longer than is necessary. 

I agree with that. But I don't know their case load. They also stated that the longer the AP process the more likely a negative outcome. I don't know if that is true. 

1 hour ago, SGtoMurica said:

Are you aware of USCIS using Administrative Processing for I-485 applications?

USCIS doesn't call it AP, but AOS cases can get "held for review" after interview.  Those cases may be delayed for hours, weeks, or maybe even a year.  Examples --

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/763404-case-held-for-review/?do=findComment&comment=10459152

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/765817-did-aos-interview-on-42221-and-case-it-still-under-review/

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/768593-3-year-wait-feeling-exhausted/

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/714026-getting-my-green-card-one-year-after-my-aos-interview/

Like AP, being "held for review" is a black box.  Applicants don't see from their USCIS case status why exactly their cases are delayed.

• 2 months later...
Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
On 8/1/2023 at 12:13 PM, stringpuller said:

What has been your experience with sending regular emails thus far? Has this approach been effective? Has the embassy provided any negative feedback, such as a request to refrain from sending more emails?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.