nana_123

Refused after Administrative Processing MEGATHREAD

291 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Kay7 said:

Wow congrats man, they kept your passport? Or they gave back to you after initial interview?

keep it an for when it goes back to administrative processing, it means they are about to finalize and issued visa.

Our visa has been shipped and ready for pick up tomorrow. 

My k1 case was approved at the interview. They took my passport did not ask for any additional  paperwork  and said I'd recieve my visa in 2 weeks. My interview date was March 3 ceac updated it on March 6th to administrative processing now on march 19 it changed to refused after I was told the case was approved ?? Any advice the consular officer sounded very happy with my case my interview was in sydney Australia. 

10 minutes ago, Keeb said:

My k1 case was approved at the interview. They took my passport did not ask for any additional  paperwork  and said I'd recieve my visa in 2 weeks. My interview date was March 3 ceac updated it on March 6th to administrative processing now on march 19 it changed to refused after I was told the case was approved ?? Any advice the consular officer sounded very happy with my case my interview was in sydney Australia. 

do you mind telling what exactly your Refused status says?

its probably going under more administrative processing.

10 minutes ago, Khevinox said:

do you mind telling what exactly your Refused status says?

its probably going under more administrative processing.

A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy or Consulate at which you made your visa application. 

For more information, please visit U.S. Consulate General Sydney.

Hi guys...my visa is Cr1...I had my interview in the end of jan 2020. My case has been pending in AP since then. As u all know that all of us got our status changed from AP to Refused around 3rd/4rth march

I just want to ask anybody who got approved after that. I got few updates after 3rd march..like my date updated to 5th march...then 12th march...nd on 13th it got changed to AP again. My status went to AP again from refused on 13th march 2020.

I have noticed in many cases that when a person goes to AP from refused, the person got issued visa the very next day. But, I did not get any update after 13th march when my status went from refused to AP again. Anybody with similar case?

As per my understanding if a person goes from refused to AP, it can only mean that the case is done with the so called longer AP thing...otherwise why would the status change from refused to AP(when all other people still have refused status)....ANY SIMILAR CASES?

14 hours ago, Keeb said:

A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy or Consulate at which you made your visa application. 

For more information, please visit U.S. Consulate General Sydney.

Keeb..mate..it should be shorter text if it is refused...i have my interview at sydney as well...changed to AP from refused on 13th march..no updates since then..

18 minutes ago, k1800vti said:

Guys! Good news after the waiting...everyone please stay hopeful and now I am worry about the pandemics as they wanted my wife to land by June as flying is very very risky now.

image.thumb.png.5d5a9163767d5a22576d893496567eac.png

Whats ur story mate...when was thw interviw...which consulate...did u get 221g? For what reason u got 221g...did status go to AP before going issued...if yes...when did it go AP from refused...how long it stay in AP before issued?

19 minutes ago, k1800vti said:

The interview was contacted in January with the reason of lack of domicile proof for me (partitioner). Yes, the creepy "status" was shown just like everyone else for 3 weeks and now issued!

Good luck to everyone. Does anyone know if the deadline can be prospered due to the uncertain pandemic condition?

Mate...did it directly go from refused to issued? or it went first to AP? If it went to AP first...then how many days it stays in AP before going to issued?

My interview- 28 jan 2020 (consular said visa approved) sydney consulate(indian national)

Receive ds 5535 - after 3 hours of interview

Submitted ds 5535 - 29 jan(received confirmation as well ...automated + personal)

Case date updates(I never sent any email to consulate to ask the status of my case.)

- 15 feb, 18feb, 21feb, 24feb, 5 march, 12 march

As u all know, our case statuses changed to refused on 3rd/4rth march...on 13 march friday(refused status changed to AP status again). At this point, I guessed that my AP was over.

25 march wednesday- Got visa issued :)

Good luck to everybody. I wish this corona thing will go away ASAP and u will all get ur visas soon. 😊 Thanks everybody.

• 1 month later...

hello everyone!

i need information that:

1) how long duration it takes when a case returns to US consulate (ISB) once reaffirmed by USCIS officer?

2) what next is expected from CO officer in US consulate (ISB) as soon it reach out to him/her?

3) how long it will take to make decision and issue a visa for (221g) case, if interview in past already done

also, a case with noir status, what need to do considering noir notice might be in transit from USCIS. can applicant/petitioner himself/herself respond? and how long it takes for a final outcome of nior?

can @Ahmed&Freda, or anyone had similar experience will answer above.

best,

• 7 months later...
On 3/18/2020 at 2:04 PM, Khevinox said:

keep it an for when it goes back to administrative processing, it means they are about to finalize and issued visa.

Our visa has been shipped and ready for pick up tomorrow. 

Congratulations! I am from Liberia I have been on Admisdritive processing from February 2019 to January 2021 hope I get issue this year!😢

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.