nana_123

Refused after Administrative Processing MEGATHREAD

291 posts in this topic

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

Our case is under AP since Nov 2021. The case last updated date is getting updated regularly when I check on ceac website. Anyone knows what’s happening and how long it may take. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/19/2022 at 9:58 AM, Hassan2020 said:

Hi,

Our case is under AP since Nov 2021. The case last updated date is getting updated regularly when I check on ceac website. Anyone knows what’s happening and how long it may take. 

Same here. My case last updated date keep getting updated regularly but nothing came out of it.  Alot of lazy bums are working at the consulate. 

On 3/3/2020 at 10:06 AM, Alirazaa said:

Hello everyone. I am very confused and upset. My sister had cr1 interview in novermber 2019 at Islamabad embassy. After the interview the VO congratulated that she is approved and she will get her passport with visa with in 2/3 weeks. She was not given any form 221g or asked to submit any documents. After that case status date changed few times. Untill yesterday march 2 it was showing *Administrative processing” with case last updated date as January 9 , 2020 but today i check the status and its showing *REFUSED* but the case status update date still January 9, 2020.  

Hi, 

same thing happened with my parents. They had their interview, told everything is good they should get passport back within 14 days now my dads case is showing as refused under administrative processing and my mom got passport back without visa. In your boat too, just wondering what to do now 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/18/2023 at 8:10 AM, Amby12345 said:

Hi, 

same thing happened with my parents. They had their interview, told everything is good they should get passport back within 14 days now my dads case is showing as refused under administrative processing and my mom got passport back without visa. In your boat too, just wondering what to do now 

Probably just wait. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/18/2023 at 9:10 AM, Amby12345 said:

Hi, 

Do you have any update on your parents case? 

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello.

Me and my wife are currently in AP. We did the 221g appointment and they asked us to fill out a family tree form. 

Is this the same as a DS5535? Country is Vietnam 

19 hours ago, stringpuller said:

We did the 221g appointment and they asked us to fill out a family tree form. 

Is this the same as a DS5535?

No.  DS-5535 requires much more background info from the beneficiary, such as 15 years of travel, residence, and employment history.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Chancy said:

No.  DS-5535 requires much more background info from the beneficiary, such as 15 years of travel, residence, and employment history.

Thank you 

Filed: E-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I was wondering if anyone has renewed their US work visas with prior 221g history. I was given 221g in June 2022 at London Consulate (It was a renewal) and they asked me to submit last 15 years of details of my life. I submitted that information right away and exactly one month later they issued me visa. Now, my renewal is approaching in few months and I’m little stressed out. Has anyone else been in this situation before? Any tips/suggestions? I tried looking up information about my case and didn’t find anything. If you have any information please let me know. Thank you

Timeline

Still waiting. 8/5 will be 60 days since 221g appointment. The DOS says that 80% are finished at 60 days? Or is this more gas lighting by them? 

On 7/28/2023 at 10:53 AM, stringpuller said:

Still waiting. 8/5 will be 60 days since 221g appointment. The DOS says that 80% are finished at 60 days? Or is this more gas lighting by them? 

Sorry I believe this is gaslighting. I have been waiting 80 days since my interview.

On 4/11/2023 at 11:12 AM, Meli022 said:

Anyone else having any luck? We're in our 6th month of AP. DS5535 paper. Spoke with a few attorneys. I'm giving it another 60 days and will most likely be filing a WOM after that.

Any updates on your case?

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

On 7/24/2023 at 1:53 PM, stringpuller said:

Hello.

Me and my wife are currently in AP. We did the 221g appointment and they asked us to fill out a family tree form. 

Is this the same as a DS5535? Country is Vietnam 

When was your interview?

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.