2,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 3/9/2020 at 6:03 PM, MariFD said:

Hey everyone. My son is going to do my taxes. DO i qualify to be a dependent ? 

All i have is Prima Facie and Work Permit 

You may qualify but just if  you didn't earn more than the gross income test limit, as far I remember the year 2019 the limit was around $4.000, then if you made over this limit your son can't claim you as his dependent. I am not an accountant, he  should check this with an accountant ok.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I need advice of my fellow members. I applied in Feb for the renewal of EAD/AP at VSC. My attorney received the receipt notices onFriday, but I didn't get  any!Whereas in past, whenever I applied for the renewal at NSC, I always received mine separate at my address. Is this normal ?

Well, just received 4 prima facie, saying that they won't be able to process my petition for another 180 days and my 4th was is on the way. Do you, guys, think that I should still send the request to the ombudsman, even if I know that it's all about the security check? 2.5 years of waiting. Do you think they could adjudicate it before 180 days are over? I've become glued to my mailbox and I don't have any patience left.

Hello Guys,

I have my EAD/AP Combo card and I am above to travel to my home country. However, I am yet to receive my Prima Facie renewal document after the initial one expired in December 2019. Do i need this document to travel ? Would I need this document at the port of entry.

Thank you.

16 hours ago, DanyT. said:

Hi,

I filled my I765 and I131 on august 8th category c09 and I havent received it yet. It seems uscis moved all my cases to vermont because I cannot have any info about my previous forms  by phone nor online. I also sent another  I765 and I131 forms  under category c31 with my vawa and no news until now. Good luck

Yeah @DanyT. it is very hard to wait for this long.! Is your status for i765 is fee were waived, still? Or has it changed since ?

On 3/5/2020 at 11:16 AM, NeverGiveUp Nov17 said:

Hi Angor! Just be patient and contact your congressperson!!! My VAWA was approved 10 months ago and the online case went through the same steps as your one... also my I-485 is from 2016 and last week they sent me to do the biometrics again... I was very confused till I found out that biometrics are good for 15 months... so just be patient... it is coming soon!!!

Thanks, Nevergiveup, but now I don't really know what is coming and if it's gonna be soon or not so soon.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, Progress40 said:

Hello Guys,

I have my EAD/AP Combo card and I am above to travel to my home country. However, I am yet to receive my Prima Facie renewal document after the initial one expired in December 2019. Do i need this document to travel ? Would I need this document at the port of entry.

Thank you.

You only need your valid Passport and EAD/AP.

On 3/10/2020 at 2:41 AM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I know dear..by representative I meant your congressman/woman. They can help enquire to know what the delay is about!👍

Thank you I appreciate.😊👍

Good morning family, does anyone have any idea of effective location where I can get Nigeria Identification Number (NIN ) done in the US? This is like SSN, and it is needed for any financial transaction in Nigeria. Even you worked back there and have pension you want to collect you must have NIN. Most of the location listed on their website are not effective. Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks.

18 hours ago, Quarknase said:

It's normal that notices are being received 2 weeks after the date. USCIS are not the fastest from issue to mailed, and they must have a contract with USPS to get the opposite of preferred processing :D I have notices that were delivered to me almost a month after the date on the notice so it's not always the attorney at fault here

Thanks for the comment. It was very helpful

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2nd Notice I received today
my_logo.png

Case Was Approved

On March 11, 2020, we approved your Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:
2nd Notice I received today
my_logo.png

Case Was Approved

On March 11, 2020, we approved your Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition

I just got mine on 9th am happy to finally get my daughter here, so what's next! Let me know what you get to know about the next process at the NVC

Edited by Ziongirl

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.