Sarge2155

March 2020 AOS Filers

1,285 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, brainless69 said:

i'm sure you will be fine, to be honest i wasn't expecting any updates as the biometrics appointment letter came without any update. I know a lot of people on VJ are still stuck on case received and have green cards in hand.. 

sending positive thoughts your way..

That's  right my K1 status still shows  case received since 5/2018. I don't worry about status'

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
2 hours ago, Rearviewmirror said:

I'm a bit nervous as I had biometrics taken on Wednesday (May filer) and still no updates to any of my cases... I have read they don't always (or sometimes ever) update cases with this status, but it's still a bit worrisome.

Im sure you'll be fine! 🙂 We didn't get our K1 case updated until after they received our answer to the intent to deny and until it was approved lol. Thats why I said its probably nothing major. I think it would be nice if they did update for everyone because then you know what's up since USPS takes forever to send mail these days. But I also know its done by people and such.

Hopefully you'll get your documents in hands soon though!!

Timeline
3 hours ago, brainless69 said:

Just went onto USCIS website and my status has changed back to case was received with the original date 🤣🤣🤣🙄

Hah how annoying!! 

Has anyone who filed in March have their EAD approved yet?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
On 8/6/2020 at 8:43 PM, icyking10059 said:

I want to know how you talk to representative, cause when I sent the same question like you to Emma, they only sent me an useless and not helpful link back

You write "live representative" or "I want to talk to a live representative". Eventually she will ask you for your case number etc. and you get to chat with someone real. It's convenient.

Concurrent I-485/I-130/I-765/I-131 Filing (married to USC spouse):

2/23/2020: Sent in application via FedEx (following rules before new Public Charge rule) 

2/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL
3/13/2020: Packaged received in return and rejected due to "outdated forms"
3/24/2020: Refiled application with new forms including I-944
3/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL (received by Harper)

4/13/2020: Received 4 late-night texts with case numbers
4/14/2020: Application fee withdrawn from my bank account

4/17/2020: Received hard copies of Receipt NOAs (I-797Cs)
4/17/2020: Requested EAD expedite
4/20/2020: EAD expedite request denied: Case in "in suspense or on hold until we receive your biometrics" +  did not provide evidence of "extreme emergent need"
8/1/2020: Received biometrics appointment notice (for I-485 and I-765)
8/11/2020: Biometrics appointment at the ASC in Sacramento, CA

8/12/2020: Online case status for I-485 and I-765 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/17/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/18/2020: Online case status for I-485 updated to "we are ready to schedule your ... for an interview"

9/4/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "New card is being produced"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Case was approved"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "Case was approved"
9/10/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Card was mailed to me"

9/12/2020: Received I-797 Notice of Action (approval notice) for I-765 and I-131
9/14/2020: Received my combo EAD card (work authorization and advanced parole)
8/13/2021: Filed renewal application for both I-131 and I-765
11/9/2021: Filed expedite request for both I-131 due to sick father in Norway
12/15/2021: Received email from USCIS for supportive documents (after multiple calls)
12/17/2021: Sent in supportive documents (letter from doctor, hospital appointment notices ++)
12/22/2021: Status changed to "card being produced" (letter on MyUSCIS.com confirms this will be a combo card)

4 hours ago, terence2108 said:

Anyone here located by the Atlanta field office? I’m wonderinf if anyone in Atlanra had their biometrics appt. My PD is the 27th of March and I have yet to receive a biometrics appt. 

I'm not in Atlanta but I have the same timeline like you(I'm in Houston), I ask the same question to an immigration lawyer, and she told me that Seattle, Houston, Dallas and Atlanta are suffer serious backlog, so we need to be patient😭😭😭😭

Timeline
15 minutes ago, icyking10059 said:

I'm not in Atlanta but I have the same timeline like you(I'm in Houston), I ask the same question to an immigration lawyer, and she told me that Seattle, Houston, Dallas and Atlanta are suffer serious backlog, so we need to be patient😭😭😭😭

I’m so sad for you guys. Some people wait so long while others get it much quicker ☹️ I’m praying for y’all 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Very sad indeed as I filled my case in march 25 and not a single word from USCIS since (recieved a fee for fingerprints) back in April 5. Tried calling them and they keep taking me for a ride. Please has anyone received a biometrics appointment from NC?

Edited by Efozee

1 hour ago, Efozee said:

Very sad indeed as I filled my case in march 25 and not a single word from USCIS since (recieved a fee for fingerprints) back in April 5. Tried calling them and they keep taking me for a ride. Please has anyone received a biometrics appointment from NC?

If there is no backlog in your state, then it's the field office policy. One my husband's relatives work in USCIS field office, he told us some of the field office their policy right now is ''naturalization first'', and field office policy is related to ASC's appointment. After I heard this, I can understand but I feel suck, just because the election is coming up, and those naturalization applicants are potential ballots😤😤😭😭

Timeline
1 hour ago, brainless69 said:

Just checked my status online this morning and it had changed to fingerprint review completed! :)

Keeping my fingers crossed that the status will now change quickly to approved! 🤞🏿

Wooohoo that is amazing! Hopefully it’ll go quickly for you now 

Timeline

I’m back again lol. I haven’t heard anything about my EAD or AP but I just got this email for my AOS:

This is exciting news right!? 

0F5E7C48-4F4D-4231-A0AA-9C8966F4AB5B.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 hours ago, Sanella&Dylan said:

I’m back again lol. I haven’t heard anything about my EAD or AP but I just got this email for my AOS:

This is exciting news right!? 

0F5E7C48-4F4D-4231-A0AA-9C8966F4AB5B.png

is it wrong that the first thing i did when i saw your post was refresh my inbox a million times hoping i got the same?? 🤣🤣

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.