Sarge2155

March 2020 AOS Filers

1,285 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 8/11/2020 at 1:01 PM, Bluee said:

Just a quick update: I filed AOS on Mar 25th, NOA 1 Apr 22nd, just got the biometric appointment letter.
I'm in Seattle.

G'luck to you all!

I filed AOS on Mar 17th, NOA1 Apr 2nd. I am also in Seattle but I haven't gotten any letter for biometric appointment :( so upset 😢 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 hours ago, soco said:

So is it seeming like the EAD will kind of get skipped and everything will go straight to green card interview?

I hope not. Interviews can take months to be scheduled I thought. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

My hubby took the biometrics today. I was waiting in the car as only applicant was allowed to go in. I am so glad it is done. No updates online yet. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
18 hours ago, Hello20 said:

My hubby took the biometrics today. I was waiting in the car as only applicant was allowed to go in. I am so glad it is done. No updates online yet. 

Status changed today to: case was updated to show finger prints were taken. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

This morning I got an email from USPS saying which mail would be delivered today and the USCIS letter was included. We checked the mail, we got everything except for the USCIS letter :( :( I was so excited. Hopefully it'll come tomorrow..

Timeline

hey guys, 

for those of you who have had the biometrics and the case updated to case is ready to be scheduled, have you received a physical letter to so the next stage of the process? or is it just online? Will we receive a notice for the next stage or approval of fingerprints? 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, brainless69 said:

hey guys, 

for those of you who have had the biometrics and the case updated to case is ready to be scheduled, have you received a physical letter to so the next stage of the process? or is it just online? Will we receive a notice for the next stage or approval of fingerprints? 

My fingerprints were taken on a Thursday, that night I got an update that they were added to my case. The following Monday I got an email at 10pm saying ready to be scheduled for an interview and the next morning at 9am I got an update saying interview scheduled. I honestly don't know if they still give out EADs since mine only changed on my AOS status. When they update your case and schedule an interview it takes 1 week for the letter to arrive!

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Sandyl said:

My fingerprints were taken on a Thursday, that night I got an update that they were added to my case. The following Monday I got an email at 10pm saying ready to be scheduled for an interview and the next morning at 9am I got an update saying interview scheduled. I honestly don't know if they still give out EADs since mine only changed on my AOS status. When they update your case and schedule an interview it takes 1 week for the letter to arrive!

so have you received the letters? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, brainless69 said:

so have you received the letters? 

No. I only received the biometrics letter and will be receiving the interview letter with a date. I think they will only send a letter with the interview date but I’m not sure.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sandyl said:

Thats super fast to be scheduled for an interview wow!

Timeline
2 hours ago, brainless69 said:

hey guys, 

Our status changed last week to ready to be scheduled for interview, but it hasnt changed since then. I think you get a letter once its been scheduled, but we havent received anything yet.

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Haydnator said:

Our status changed last week to ready to be scheduled for interview, but it hasnt changed since then. I think you get a letter once its been scheduled, but we havent received anything yet.

Okay thats good to know. pretty sure i will just find a letter one day in my post box as chicago seems to not be updating on websites for some reason..

Timeline

My case for AOS changed to Case ready to be scheduled for interview. Had biometrics on Wednesday. I have heard that in the past, they have skipped interviews if you've already had the interview prior to coming into the country e.g. K-1 like us. So hoping that is the case!

Timeline

I was supposed to receive my interview invitation yesterday, wasn't delivered and didn't come today either. USCIS doesnt want to send a new letter since I have to give them 30 days. I get mail updates from USPS with something that will be delivered that day so I don't understand how waiting 30 days would help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all, just looking for any input. My husband was scheduled for and completed his biometrics appointment on 8/7 and a few days ago we received another biometrics appointment letter. We realized that his initial one was for his 765 and 485, and this second one is for his 131 and 765. We are so confused. Any thoughts? On the case tracker the status for the 765 and 485 show that fingerprints were taken.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.