Sarge2155

March 2020 AOS Filers

1,285 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Jussie14 said:

Hi all, just looking for any input. My husband was scheduled for and completed his biometrics appointment on 8/7 and a few days ago we received another biometrics appointment letter. We realized that his initial one was for his 765 and 485, and this second one is for his 131 and 765. We are so confused. Any thoughts? On the case tracker the status for the 765 and 485 show that fingerprints were taken.

What was showing after he took the fingerprints? Code 2 or Code 3? If it was not showing code 3, than he still have to go back to do the fingerprints for his combo card, otherwise NBC will hold his case after he do the fingerprints. This is not his mistake, it's USCIS mistake, I saw some same cases like yours on Reddit and Trackitt, so just go back to do the fingerprints again

Our case got updated today for i-485 to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview"

I-765 still says "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken"

And I-131 still says Case Was Received. 

Removal of Conditions:

Nebraska Service Center

File Date - January 17, 2023

Package Delivered - January 19, 2023

NOA Date - January 24, 2023

NOA Received - January 27, 2023

Biometrics Waived- January 31, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I called with a tier 2 officer just now and she told me that my interview is scheduled for September 17. They can't send the letter per email yet since I have to give the USPS time until sept 7 to deliver it. Well at least I know when my interview is now.

Hopefully everyone here will hear something soon about either their EAD/ AP or AOS!! I personally didn't care if my interview was next year as long as I could work lol. Havent had any updates on my EAD yet, don't expect to be getting any until my interview honestly.

2 hours ago, Sandyl said:

I called with a tier 2 officer just now and she told me that my interview is scheduled for September 17. They can't send the letter per email yet since I have to give the USPS time until sept 7 to deliver it. Well at least I know when my interview is now.

Hopefully everyone here will hear something soon about either their EAD/ AP or AOS!! I personally didn't care if my interview was next year as long as I could work lol. Havent had any updates on my EAD yet, don't expect to be getting any until my interview honestly.

Very good you have plenty of time to get your documents and evidences together for your interview. Take the kitchen sink too if you have too as you only get this one shot so make it count!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Very good you have plenty of time to get your documents and evidences together for your interview. Take the kitchen sink too if you have too as you only get this one shot so make it count!

What do you mean by evidence? 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Shams2322 said:

It means gather all your supporting documents or evidence for an upcoming interview..

Ah yes I understood that but what further evidence are they in need of? I have sent more than enough in! 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Carina Brown said:

I assume it means, gather pictures, marriage certificate, bills on both names. We have lease, phone bills for our shared plan, car insurance, health insurance and a shared bank account. Ill also include pictures from the wedding and until the interview. Cards we received at the wedding and our wedding book. Also I have my AOS package except for my DS3025. I already submitted that with my AOS package. Also recent paystubs since thats the only thing I can't take for the I864, the rest is the same.

And more if I have to according to the letter.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Sandyl said:

I assume it means, gather pictures, marriage certificate, bills on both names. We have lease, phone bills for our shared plan, car insurance, health insurance and a shared bank account. Ill also include pictures from the wedding and until the interview. Cards we received at the wedding and our wedding book. Also I have my AOS package except for my DS3025. I already submitted that with my AOS package. Also recent paystubs since thats the only thing I can't take for the I864, the rest is the same.

And more if I have to according to the letter.

Just seems so much. We have separate bank accounts but the rest we have joint. 
But wow, had no idea we had to show them this as evidence 🤣 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Carina Brown said:

Just seems so much. We have separate bank accounts but the rest we have joint. 
But wow, had no idea we had to show them this as evidence 🤣 

Yeah right, you would think getting the K1, getting married and sending them the AOS package would be good but it's not lol. 

I used this link which helped me finding the info;

https://citizenpath.com/i-485-interview-preparation/

We still have 2 bills not in my name but I don't think it would be that big of an issue since we got married at the end of February. 

2 hours ago, Carina Brown said:

Of living together being a bonafide married couple!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

1 hour ago, Carina Brown said:

Ah yes I understood that but what further evidence are they in need of? I have sent more than enough in! 

That's  the thing you were not required to send in any evidences other than what the forms called for. You gather it all and bring to your interview. I would  still bring it all again with me.  You never know what they'll ask for.

Citizenship Complete!

To give you all an idea this is what I was going to take to the interview had we would have  had one:

I broke our materials down into folders (different colors) I prepared a master legend or key if you will so when the IO ask for a document or a evidence I can look on my sheet and locate which color folder it is located in and pull the folder out and locate the document to give to the IO. Here are the documents I am taking:

All forms I-797C (Notice of Actions for AOS) included a I-797 NOA2 for the K1 also cause if you'll notice the interview sheet says bring EVERYTHING they ever sent to you so we are electing to bring all but the kitchen sink!!!!!

Complete copy of the AOS packet and ALL supporting documents

Current year 2019 tax transcript

Job verification letter

2 months of pay stubs

retirement pay letters

USC passport

LPRs arrival documents to include K1 visa and I-94

USC B/C

marriage license

SS card in married name

military ID card

divorce decree (if applicable to you) both USC and LPR

health, dental and vision insurance

life insurances both for USC and LPR listing each other as beneficiaries

ROM (report of marriage) this is Philippines specific

last will and testament to include Texas advance directive and power of attorney (also excellent for ROC).

utility bills with both names

bank statements savings and checking

joint credit cards

Pictures

large purchases receipt (furniture with both names on it)

assorted mail LPR has received at her present location we share

and finally the entire copy of the K1 packet to include all documentation

There is no rental agreement or mortgage contract with both names because I owned our house before we married so I included a mortgage statement to show when the house was purchased before we married! I also used the term LPR as my wife has her GC already. Several documents will be redundant because I did not want to break open the entire AOS packet until and if I need to.

Like I said we threw in everything but the kitchen sink and I would have included that had it fit inside my handy carry bag. As you know with my luck that I have had throughout this visa journey I can't be to unprepared. My motto "better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it!!!!!

Hope this helps everyone!!!!!

If it does not apply to you don't worry about it.

At any rate I'll  use all of this  during ROC.

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

Read about my so called interview here if you care too:

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.