Greenbaum

MARCH 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to Embassy

694 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, USUK8 said:

I understand all of this, I was just typing some thoughts in my respective months thread. Just thoughts! I've barely made a sound here and have been extremely patient and will continue to be. I'll also keep my thoughts to myself in the future.

Thanks

Why run away and hide. You put forth, you take away, you share, you debate but most recommend is not to not be engaged.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

INFORMATION: We are a community of helping others to attain an answer to their questions or concerns. To that end spread a little love by either thanking them or the best way is to just hit the "HEART" and choose your response. That little act shows respect and gratitude for the person who took time out of their schedule to consul you with an answer. By using the heart and not quoting someone's post with just a thank you, keeps the thread a little neater. If you have more than a thank you, sure by all means quote the post and express your thoughts. Good luck and stay engaged. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

1 hour ago, Ukrainian Queen said:

has anyone seen the news yesterday that trump is going to expand on the immigration ban... (it will also get extended),which means that the embassies will also make up their own decision on k1 visas even though the ban does not include k1. i am going to request an update from Ukraine on the k1 and if i get told about the EO by trump i will forward them the EO and specifically show them that the k1 is not on the ban. they go to the IG for the embassies because i truly believe the issue is that the k1 is a non immigrant visa but once they marry it goes to a immigrant visa. this being the case is where the problem is and i think we all need to push back because this is ridiculous!! his wife is not american and denying us what they were provided is unconstitutional!! we are going about it the legal way and are getting punished!!

K-1's are being approved at the USCIS level and are having case numbers assigned once they arrive at NVC so where is the disconnect that K-1's are not being approved. Embassies are closed due to the pandemic. Your case is moving along just like everyone else's. You are not being singled out. So, because Trump's wife is an immigrant and my wife is, and also as well as millions of others are, we somehow are looked down upon from your point of view? Afterall, you can lump us in with your statement. I challenge you to show us where it is written in the constitution that anyone/everyone should be allowed into the USA. I'll be waiting. :clock:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey all! We are nearing July...craziness. It is wild to think that if covid had not happened, I would likely be welcoming my fiancé here very soon. But, oh well, we take it one day at a time.

My petition was received by NVC in May. I reached out to them for a case number as I never received communication regarding it. They informed me they would notify me when it leaves NVC. It has been almost 2 months and it is still at NVC because, of course, the majority of the world is on lockdown and from what I understand Peru's embassy is not accepting anything until they open.

The petition is set to expire end of July. I know we can request an extension from the embassy but what if 4 weeks from now it still has not made it? There is nothing the NVC can do, correct? 

Additionally, we are most likely transferring from Peru to Colombia since my fiancé has been home in Venezuela during all of this. We don't want to send him back to Peru. But that is a headache for another day.

Thanks for the help, it is always appreciated

9 hours ago, Bri&Alejandro said:

Hey all! We are nearing July...craziness. It is wild to think that if covid had not happened, I would likely be welcoming my fiancé here very soon. But, oh well, we take it one day at a time.

My petition was received by NVC in May. I reached out to them for a case number as I never received communication regarding it. They informed me they would notify me when it leaves NVC. It has been almost 2 months and it is still at NVC because, of course, the majority of the world is on lockdown and from what I understand Peru's embassy is not accepting anything until they open.

The petition is set to expire end of July. I know we can request an extension from the embassy but what if 4 weeks from now it still has not made it? There is nothing the NVC can do, correct? 

Additionally, we are most likely transferring from Peru to Colombia since my fiancé has been home in Venezuela during all of this. We don't want to send him back to Peru. But that is a headache for another day.

Thanks for the help, it is always appreciated

You're correct in that you haven't received any notice as they are not shipping cases to the embassies. Expiring NOA2 will be extended automatically.  Just need a letter of intent for the interview. NOA 2 are good for one year. Now is a better time to attempt moving your case to a new location. Contact NVC with all revelant information.  If you wait till the embassies open it will take 2 to 3 months. Your mileage may vary. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

There's so much uncertainty and I think its alright to feel anxious, upset, mourn the things that you were planning as part of this process.  Nothing is guaranteed as far as immigration goes but we're all human and can't help but hope and dream. It's sad when things happen out of your control that impact those plans and dreams you made.  My plan was to get down there in late summer/early fall, get married and go to an afternoon MLB game to celebrate! Baseball may not even start at this point, so plans have to change there lol! 

Anyways, chin up guys.. we will get through this and be stronger for it in the end! I'm super glad for the support in this community, you guys are great and I appreciate you. 

2 hours ago, AJZ said:

There's so much uncertainty and I think its alright to feel anxious, upset, mourn the things that you were planning as part of this process.  Nothing is guaranteed as far as immigration goes but we're all human and can't help but hope and dream. It's sad when things happen out of your control that impact those plans and dreams you made.  My plan was to get down there in late summer/early fall, get married and go to an afternoon MLB game to celebrate! Baseball may not even start at this point, so plans have to change there lol! 

Anyways, chin up guys.. we will get through this and be stronger for it in the end! I'm super glad for the support in this community, you guys are great and I appreciate you. 

Thanks for your uplifting message. There are guarantees which I will list below.

Can I share somethings with you that I learned long ago about this process?

• "the man with the gold makes the rules"
    • it will take as long as it will take 
    • no one with any certainty can tell you when some process will be completed
    • Your sense of urgency will never be equaled to what USCIS, NVC or your embassy demonstrates
    • Your journey is not going to mirror someone else's experience - yours and theirs are not the same
    • They only promised you a YES or NO answer. Never an exact time that their decision would be completed
    • Lowering your expectations will make you a much more relaxed individual

Good luck on your journey 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

The wait is really getting to me, I just want to be there for my fiancee. She is in a difficult situation right now and I really feel I need to be there to support her. The only thing holding me back from moving to live with her is that I would have to leave my job which would ruin my ability to provide the affidavit of support. But it's at the point where I'm thinking about just giving up on the visa altogether. It's not worth it to me to spend an extra year or more apart from my love.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
13 minutes ago, RV2019 said:

The wait is really getting to me, I just want to be there for my fiancee. She is in a difficult situation right now and I really feel I need to be there to support her. The only thing holding me back from moving to live with her is that I would have to leave my job which would ruin my ability to provide the affidavit of support. But it's at the point where I'm thinking about just giving up on the visa altogether. It's not worth it to me to spend an extra year or more apart from my love.

I’m sorry to hear that. I’ve pondered that as well but I have hope for November 

6 hours ago, RV2019 said:

This would be an appropriate time to step away from anything to do with the visa process which includes away from VJ. It's best to attend to your relationship and I like the suggestions that @AJZ offered up. Especially the little thing of ordering his "comfort" food when he was not feeling well. Sometimes it's the unimportant things that you do for your partner that has the impression that she means something to you. You are her support so you must be mentally and physically "fit" so she can see that she is not alone. Don't worry about the visa it will come but it will be on USCIS/DOS's timeline not yours. So, there really isn't anything you can do. You must be strong to make this work. Your decision.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just to clarify for myself, my fiancé and I (my fiancé is the US citizen) were at the stage where our approved petition had been sent to the Consulate in Montreal from the NVC but arrived right after they closed so the consulate has it, they just haven't accepted into their system (my case number has been given but not logged into the system yet). 

We hadn't had any further contact from the consulate regarding an interview date obviously and our petition runs out on July 15th. I contacted the consulate (by email they're not answering their phones) and they told me they'll only extend if its deemed necessary AT my interview. 

I see a lot of people talking about renewing the letter of intent to marry however I'm being told that they only do that at the interview so I'm incredibly confused. 

Is the letter of intent something I would just date and bring with me when I finally get my interview date?

Is there anything I can do right now or should I just sit and let the petition run out and wait for the consulates to re-open?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, TYosemite said:

Just to clarify for myself, my fiancé and I (my fiancé is the US citizen) were at the stage where our approved petition had been sent to the Consulate in Montreal from the NVC but arrived right after they closed so the consulate has it, they just haven't accepted into their system (my case number has been given but not logged into the system yet). 

We hadn't had any further contact from the consulate regarding an interview date obviously and our petition runs out on July 15th. I contacted the consulate (by email they're not answering their phones) and they told me they'll only extend if its deemed necessary AT my interview. 

I see a lot of people talking about renewing the letter of intent to marry however I'm being told that they only do that at the interview so I'm incredibly confused. 

Is the letter of intent something I would just date and bring with me when I finally get my interview date?

Is there anything I can do right now or should I just sit and let the petition run out and wait for the consulates to re-open?

I am at the same stage as you, got to montreal before everything shut down. Got my first Ready but not the second one (where they actually process it) expires July 11th.

In regards to the petition expiry just sit tight. They can extend it up to 4 times in 4 month increments I believe. ( some one can correct me if I'm wrong). This will happen at your interview. 

For Montreal specifically, 

If YOU delay it you must write a letter of intent etc. 

If THEY delay it then you don't have to do anything as they do what I mentioned above. 

Edited by ashley_ann

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.