Sarge2155

March 2020 I-129F (K1) Filers

1,089 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
38 minutes ago, SK2020 said:

Congratulations 🎉 MashAllah so happy for you 

Thank you @SK2020 , Alhamdulillah. I have been praying nawafils, and tasbeehs of ayat karima, Ya Latifu and other tasbeehs. 
I wish you all the best and hope you get approve soon inshAllah. I hope inshAllah Islamabad embassy get through backlog soon so new people can be scheduled. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the long rant... Feeling so anxious these past few weeks. My fiancé and I have been waiting so patiently for an answer on our petition. We video chat and text many hours a day. Our relationship is great but this waiting gets me more worried each day.

NOA1 3/3/20

RFE 9/24/20

RFE Response Received 10/30/20

It has now been 81 days since our RFE Documents were received. 

Our RFE had two parts

1. Intent to Marry - they didn't like our basic letter everyone else uses

2. He was denied a Tourist Visa to the US 3 months before we submitted our application (his country does not provide many tourist visas for younger males). USCIS was questioning how he was a good friend then but became my fiancé 60 days later when we were in person in January 2020. In our RFE, we actually had to provide documentation of how our relationship evolved and Intent to Marry. We submitted letters from his mom, his grandma, my mom and my oldest son. We each also wrote another Intent to Marry letter. We included more pictures, hotel receipt, passport stamp and boarding pass from my trip to see him in October 2020. We included wedding plans and items already purchased including my dress. Lastly, we included chats and call logs to show we are in a "bona fide relationship".

I submitted an inquiry on 12/15 but it was not assigned an inquiry number until 12/28 with the generic email stating our case should be adjudicated in the next 45 days. I also contacted my congressman and provided them with authorization to check into our petition last week.

Anyone have any insight for me. It is very sad to say I am prepared for the worst but still praying our petition will be approved. We provided EVERYTHING that is required for a petition to be approved. It is sad to think that USCIS looks at our age gap and me being older than him as a negative thing because we don't even see the age difference; we just know we love each other.

Anyone who reads this please pray for us. I really want to get married with my children and parents present here in the US.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there we also got an RFE asking to give more evidence indicating that we met in the past 2 years. This is not a problem because we met 3x and have proof but before we send our response, do you guys have any tips on responding to the RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Luigi89 said:

Hi there we also got an RFE asking to give more evidence indicating that we met in the past 2 years. This is not a problem because we met 3x and have proof but before we send our response, do you guys have any tips on responding to the RFE

These can be good evidence if you have them, 

travel tickets, 

boarding passes, to where your fiancé lives,

copy of your passport entry and exit stamps from the country you met your fiancé in, including the page of your biography with passport#

pictures together,

hotel you stayed in/restaurants receipts.

Receipt of any reservations together

If you took any snapchat pics, you can add the date from snapchat.

Write a cover letter regarding the dates you met each other and sign it. 

I hope this will be helpful.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
21 hours ago, sm8408 said:

It is sad to think that USCIS looks at our age gap and me being older than him as a negative thing because we don't even see the age difference; we just know we love each other.

Please don’t despair! I’m (43F) 16.5 years older than my Tunisian fiancé (26M). USCIS only just approved our petition on the very last day of 2020. We also applied in early March. We had no RFE.
We did have three visits over two years before submitting our petition, but I think what really helped our case was our letters of Intent to Marry. We both wrote human perspective letters, describing how we met, our emotions of falling in love, our feelings of despair every time we left each other at the airport, the proposal, and looking to the future.
Much of this process is about presenting enough of the right paperwork. But the people reading and sorting our applications are still human, so we took that opportunity of persuasion, much like you would with a cover letter for a resumé.
Good luck! We’re rooting for you!

38 minutes ago, p&g said:

Good luck! We’re rooting for you!

Thank you! We did the same thing using the human approach with our RFE documents. We are 22 years apart but I am very thankful for your encouragement! I will keep everyone posted:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi Guys, I received notice that an RFE was sent to me on January 11th through the apps. Upon hearing this I immediately cancelled mail forwarding to a mail forwarding service so the letter would go to my home address. My neighbor has been checking my mail everyday and I have yet to receive anything with my name on it. I called the local postmaster and they said the mail forwarding cancellation went through on the 11th and they have not forwarded anything (who knows if this is true or not). The notification said I can request a copy of the notice on January 26th if I have not received it yet. I am not sure what to do. Should I change my address to a family members address before I request a new copy? Will they email me a copy? Any insight would be helpful. Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello Filers. Here's a little update for you on March approvals. Just over 1000 petitions left to get an answer now... Well over 3/4 of March filed cases have been resolved which is amazing.

Good luck with yours, if you're still waiting for an answer!

Screenshot 2021-01-23 at 22.36.50.png

😁😁 LDR Themed Videos - https://Youtube.com/lovejonlovell 😁😁

K1 Visa

March 3, 2020Sent I-129f to Dallas Lockbox via USPS.

March 5, 2020USCIS received I-129f application.

March 10, 2020 - Received receipt text from USCIS for NOA1.

October 8, 2020 - Case Tracker notification for RFE.

October 13, 2020 - RFE received through mail - Response sent same day.

October 19, 2020 - App Message from USCIS saying RFE response received.

November 25, 2020 - Case Tracker App Message for NOA2  approval.

December 5, 2020 - Received hard copy NOA2 through mail. Signed up to NVC Email list.

December 15, 2020 - NVC receive documents.

January 8, 2021 - Call to NVC - New Case Number assigned. Filled out DS-160.

June 29, 2021 - Joined Lawsuit King vs Blinken.

August 3, 2021 - Case Status changed from at NVC to In Transit on NVC Case Tracker.

August 9, 2021 - Case Status changed from In Transit to Ready on NVC Case Tracker. Interview and Medical Booked.

August 20, 2021 - Medical Complete.

August 25, 2021 - Interview Complete - approved subject to Medical Documents.

August 25, 2021 - Case Status to Refused subject to Medical Documents.

August 26, 2021 - Case Status changed from Refused to Administrative Processing.

August 31, 2021 - Case Status changed from Administrative Processing to Issued.

September 1, 2021 - K-1 Visa in delivered to home address and in hand!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Received an email from NVC today. They are moving the case from NVC to the embassy in Bangkok. I honestly cannot tell you if it's just due to "normal" processing of if it's because I asked for an expedite due to potential oconus orders on Thursday. Hopefully it's normal processing and just a coincidence. Will keep you updated, keep staying strong!

Today is 90 days since our RFE documents were received. I called USCIS on Monday, 1/25 and the agent said yes it is definitely out of normal processing time. She did not see any additional information than what I can see online. She put in another inquiry but put it under "other" because it was still stating there was a pending inquiry.

I know we could receive an answer any day. I just feel we have truly waited our time.

NOA1 3/3/20

RFE 9/24/20

RFE Response Received 10/30/20

Timeline

Hi guys, I received an RFE and part of it reads like it should have been sent to a spousal visa applicant and not a K-1 Fiancé applicant. Please see below and let me know what you think and how should I reply since we are not married yet. Thanks

image.thumb.png.1b3c47c7068f9416bc750ccfa69ed86e.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
2 hours ago, amarilloslick said:

Hi guys, I received an RFE and part of it reads like it should have been sent to a spousal visa applicant and not a K-1 Fiancé applicant. Please see below and let me know what you think and how should I reply since we are not married yet. Thanks

I would probably have both petitioner and beneficiary write/sign a new statement of intent to marry within 90 days of beneficiary's arrival to the US.  Include those with a cover letter stating that the RFE appears to mistakenly request evidence needed for a spousal visa, but nevertheless you are reaffirming your intent to marry one another by the attached statements.

Did you include signed statements of your intent to marry with your petition?

Timeline
1 hour ago, MJ&YY said:

I would probably have both petitioner and beneficiary write/sign a new statement of intent to marry within 90 days of beneficiary's arrival to the US.  Include those with a cover letter stating that the RFE appears to mistakenly request evidence needed for a spousal visa, but nevertheless you are reaffirming your intent to marry one another by the attached statements.

Did you include signed statements of your intent to marry with your petition?

Yes, I included signed statements of our intent to marry and a lot more stuff. I had a checklist of what to send and I sent everything, very well organized.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.